Washington State Rebranding

Trident M

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it looks like a dark gray and an anthracite (pants). I love the dark gray, but I always do no matter the team, as is is my favorite color.

I actually really like that anthracite look too. It's a color that never really existed on uniforms before, so I guess it's just neat to see.

But I won't forgive all of that "finding two colors" crap they had talked about for 20 mins that turned up to be completely false.

Another thing that will be interesting is that home helmet in game action. Matte lids are really taking over, especially with Nike schools. Another cool element of the modern football uniform in my book...but I've always had a thing for shiny silver helmets...so it will take some getting used to

Really hate the gray, and I mean really HATE. The gray facemask on the gray helmet looks like garbage. And the all gray thing is just plain horrible. The jerseys aren't bad, but other than that, pure crap.

FSU2.gif

Not a fan of the matte finish teams seem to be into lately. It's always looked kind of cheap to me.

Also think they should change the shoulder thingy on the white jersey to red. Also make the facemask on the gray helmet red. And the gray helmet with gray logo is just no good. Reminds me of something I made in TeamBuilder to be intentionally awful.

Overall it's a solid set. It's certainly not awful or anything, but I'm not crazy about it either.

a2409adb.jpg

3 helmets?

I do love the non-vest baseball jersey, though.

Solid look...the Pac-12 is gonna look a lot better (uniform wise at least) this season.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Okay, so after digesting this new Wazzou look...

- Crimson and gray color combo. As a fan of the team that popularized the combo in the first place, I think the colors together work mighty well. May be hard to see, but I also like the gray outlines on the white and crimson numbers.

- Though it has a lot of letters, the baseball sets, as well as the womens' basketball uniforms are my favorites of the lot. Pretty daggone sharp looks there.

Dislikes:

- Gray and anthracite darker gray. I blame Wazzou for signing off on this...they didn't have to. But hell, they are out west, and of late, programs out that way do seem to be quicker to sign off on these "pimp my team" specialty uniforms, so to speak. Also not liking the anthracite darker gray facemask with the gray helmet, or the "sublimation" of the cougar logo on said helmet.

- Yet another bastardized rendition of Agency...for shame. But, again, this is what Wazzou agreed to, so it's on them.

- EDIT: just noticed the crimson helmet has not a trace of gray on it. Kinda out of place considering how prevalent gray is throughout the rest of that lineup. I hope Wazzou at least tries out the gray/white/gray combo on the gridiron once football time rolls around.

Overall, I like that they chose to unify their "brand" here. If nothing else, they'll at least be a bit more distinguishable now. Thankfully, this didn't turn out to be a total disaster...and bastardized Agency notwithstanding, I think I'll give this a solid "B" overall.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I can see that this new matte helmet fad is really gonna start turning annoying in a hurry. I already hate matte football pants (look cheap) now I gotta look at matte helmets (look stupid, ugly and cheap)?

Couldn't agree more. UGA and Ohio State are two cases of where matte pant ruined really great looks (though I guess UGA realized it and went back to more true silver britches last year). Matte just reminds of what they do to helmets in movies, and in Japanese baseball.

FSU2.gif

Not really a fan. Gray helmets need crimson facemasks. The silver logo on the gray helmet looks dumb. Like Buc said, crimson helmet probably ought to have a speck of gray on there. Uniforms really don't need anthracite...it doesn't add to the look at all. Just looks like crap. At least they won't win a championship anytime soon wearing these fad-ridden designs.

BTW to half the people on here...there's no O in Wazzu. The school isn't in Missouri. :)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Not really a fan. Gray helmets need crimson facemasks. The silver logo on the gray helmet looks dumb. Like Buc said, crimson helmet probably ought to have a speck of gray on there. Uniforms really don't need anthracite...it doesn't add to the look at all. Just looks like crap. At least they won't win a championship anytime soon wearing these fad-ridden designs.

BTW to half the people on here...there's no O in Wazzu. The school isn't in Missouri. :)

No D in Wazzu either. Someday it will all come together for the Cougs. Until then, it's fun being a fan of the lovable losers.

Archived