2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dammit, hockey. You're run through a series of questionable businessmen and questionable business practices, and the face of your operations is a sniveling, counterproductive turd. And then you go and put on a night like tonight, and I just fall in love all over again. You filthy, magnificent bastard of a sport.

forget where I read it but awhile ago someone wrote how hockey is truly the greatest sport to thrive in spite of all the things the NHL does wrong

1zgyd8w.jpg

The last three days have been some of the most exciting sports (not just hockey) action that I've ever seen.

Washington, San Jose, and Philadelphia all erase at least 3 goal deficits and force overtime. Boston comes back from 3-1, 4-3, and wins in OT. Pittsburgh and Tampa go to double overtime with the prospect of one team tying the series or the other going up 3-1 on the line. Nashville scores with 35 seconds left in the game on an unbelievable shot by Shea Weber, and they win two minutes into overtime. And Vancouver might blow a 3 games to none lead to their playoffs.

And this is only the first round.

PvO6ZWJ.png

"Those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it." ? Winston Churchill

Its time for the Caps to bust through. 3-1 lead, this is eerily similar to last year, but I hoping theyve learned from their mistakes and do not underestimate this Rangers team. Do not look past them.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Enter Brent Johnson.

Bolts up 4-0, comebacks have been the theme of the playoffs and it's the Pens but without Crosby and Malkin I don't know if they have the firepower to come back from 4 down.

EDIT: 5-0! Steve Stamkos has awaken 2 goals, 3 points we could very well have another game at the Consol Energy Center if Stamkos can keep it going in Game 6.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Penguins doing their best Vancouver impression today. I thought it would be a comeback after Johnny entered but I guess not.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

Few things...

1) Weber's shot was absolutely perfect. Coming off the icing, not having the right personnel out there that the Ducks would want on that face-off, just through a crowd to the very top of the far corner. I have nothing to say to that but just kinda "Wow, really?"

2) WHO THE :censored: IS JERROD SMITHSON? No, seriously. WHO??? DAMN IT NASHVILLE! WHO ARE YOU?

3) How the hell do you lose a game when you get something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9ZCiA136TI

Too bad it only counts for one.

Give 'em hell on Sunday, Ducks.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Theres no doubt in my mind that they'll win the series, it just looks bad to give up 5 goals in an elimination game at home. Thats all. dontdothistomecaps dontdothistomecaps dontdothistomecaps

I just noticed that the Pens bench is on the opposite side of everyone elses in the NHL. Usually the home team is on the right side (tv perspective) of the arena in the first and third.

Edmonton still is on the old side beneth the cameras.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I just noticed that the Pens bench is on the opposite side of everyone elses in the NHL. Usually the home team is on the right side (tv perspective) of the arena in the first and third.

Edmonton still is on the old side beneth the cameras.

Off the top of my head, I know Anaheim and Ottawa both have their benches on the left side of centre ice when facing the play-by-play cameras.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Few things...

1) Weber's shot was absolutely perfect. Coming off the icing, not having the right personnel out there that the Ducks would want on that face-off, just through a crowd to the very top of the far corner. I have nothing to say to that but just kinda "Wow, really?"

2) WHO THE :censored: IS JERROD SMITHSON? No, seriously. WHO??? DAMN IT NASHVILLE! WHO ARE YOU?

3) How the hell do you lose a game when you get something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9ZCiA136TI

Too bad it only counts for one.

Give 'em hell on Sunday, Ducks.

Your ignorance about the Preds makes me question your actual knowledge of the NHL. The Preds are a lot more than Shea Webber and Ryan Sutter.

Archived