2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So quick question. Since the ECF has now been decided, are they going to start playing it immediately, or do they wait for the WCF to be determined first?

NHL rules state no new round will start until all remaining games in the current round are completed.

So everyone's waiting for the West to finish.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Two things:

- Broonz-Bolts will be an unbelievable series. I can't wait for that. Actually, so will the projected Sharks-Canucks series. The whole final four will be terrific.

- The San Jose Sharks are playing at a level right now that the other teams aren't on. I like them from here on out.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Two things:

- Broonz-Bolts will be an unbelievable series. I can't wait for that. Actually, so will the projected Sharks-Canucks series. The whole final four will be terrific.

- The San Jose Sharks are playing at a level right now that the other teams aren't on. I like them from here on out.

Yeah, just like they were during the 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs... and we all know how that ended. Face it, they have Detroit's number, and historically-speaking I don't believe Detroit has ever beaten the San Jose in a playoff series, ever.

Two things:

Yeah, just like they were during the 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs... and we all know how that ended. Face it, they have Detroit's number, and historically-speaking I don't believe Detroit has ever beaten the San Jose in a playoff series, ever.

In 2007, they did. Sharks had a 2-0 series lead on them too and a lead late in game three before losing it in overtime along with the next three games.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Two things:

- Broonz-Bolts will be an unbelievable series. I can't wait

for that. Actually, so will the projected Sharks-Canucks

series. The whole final four will be terrific.

Yeah, just like they were during the 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs... and we all know how that ended. Face it, they

have Detroit's number, and historically-speaking I don't believe Detroit has ever beaten the San Jose in a playoff series, ever.

In 2007, they did. Sharks had a 2-0 series lead on them

too and a lead late in game three before losing it in overtime along with the next three games.

1995, Wings swept the Sharks also.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Well, I completely spaced those series out in my mind... regardless the Sharks have had the Red Wings number for a while now, so if they, and they probably will close out the series soon, I wouldn't get too high on them yet. Honestly, it's hard to trust a Sharks team in the playoffs.

Sharks always choke.

I'm just curious about what you have to say now. No, they haven't won the series nor have they gotten further than they did last year. It just seems that you have been awfully quiet lately.

There's one win....

6uXNWAo.png

Seeing all the Canuck hatred from fans of teams who are unparallelled on the golf course is delightful.

Have you looked at HF Boards lately? There is some pretty amusing distilled Canucks hate going on.

Why do people hate the Canucks so much? I get Laker hate, I get Cowboy hate, I get Patriot hate, I get Yankee and Red Sox hate. Even Montreal Canadiens hate I get. But why Vancouver?

I don't see any major rivalries here outside of maybe the Flames, but I think the Flames and Oilers are much bigger rivals. Success wise I'd the Canucks have been one of the worst in the NHL for how long they've been around for. Certainly far from being one of the games elite. Boston, Montreal, Edmonton, Calgary, Detroit, Pittsburgh, NJ Devils, Philadelphia, NY Rangers all I'd say have had hands down more success then the Canucks have had over the same timeline.

I don't see why anyone would have anything against Vancouver as a city.

Maybe I'm missing something here. Granted I'm not the biggest hockey fan in the world, but it just strikes me as oddest things in sports, that this team is so hated.

Why do people hate the Canucks so much? I get Laker hate, I get Cowboy hate, I get Patriot hate, I get Yankee and Red Sox hate. Even Montreal Canadiens hate I get. But why Vancouver?

I don't see any major rivalries here outside of maybe the Flames, but I think the Flames and Oilers are much bigger rivals. Success wise I'd the Canucks have been one of the worst in the NHL for how long they've been around for. Certainly far from being one of the games elite. Boston, Montreal, Edmonton, Calgary, Detroit, Pittsburgh, NJ Devils, Philadelphia, NY Rangers all I'd say have had hands down more success then the Canucks have had over the same timeline.

Maybe I'm missing something here. Granted I'm not the biggest hockey fan in the world, but it just strikes me as oddest things in sports, that this team is so hated.

Honestly, I don't get it. Vancouver and Calgary do have a strong rivalry, Edmonton is a bigger historical rival for Calgary, but the Oilers have been pretty dreadful on the ice for a long time. Nucks and Flames have had many playoff clashes.

And I guess Leaf fans might just be bitter, since the playoffs are an increasingly dim memory for them.

I personally dont have any hate against Vancouver. They have a long suffering fanbase much like the one of my team. I dont mind the Canucks. I think alot of it has to do with theyre not fitting in with their PREZIDENSE CUP IS A CURSE!!111!!!11ELEVEN meme.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Honestly, I don't get it. Vancouver and Calgary do have a strong rivalry, Edmonton is a bigger historical rival for Calgary, but the Oilers have been pretty dreadful on the ice for a long time. Nucks and Flames have had many playoff clashes.

And I guess Leaf fans might just be bitter, since the playoffs are an increasingly dim memory for them.

Yeah, I heard on the radio last night some Canadian get asked... "are you rooting for the Canucks to bring back the Stanley Cup to Canada?" and that same fan replied... "Hell, no. I'm a Oilers fan. Screw the Canucks." It puzzles me, that Canada's official colors right now wouldn't be Blue and Green, instead of Red and White, so they could finally get the Stanley Cup back for the first time in nearly 20 years. If that was coming from some hockey fan in the states, then maybe I could understand, but the fact that Canada isn't thrilled with having a legit chance to take back the cup confuses the hell out of me.

Well I have my opinion and when your biggest rival has a chance to win the Cup of course your going to have those thoughts. I will never cheer for the Canucks, yes they have a great opportunity to win and they could easily do it. I can't buy into the bring the Cup back home to Canada theory.

When most of the American teams that win the team is made up of mostly Canadians anyways and it the actual Cup spends more time in Canada then anywhere else.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I was at the Bruins/Flyers game last night. The atmosphere was incredible. After the game, the entire city was a frenzy. I've never seen cop cars honking and celebrating louder than the people. Unbelievable night.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Well I have my opinion and when your biggest rival has a chance to win the Cup of course your going to have those thoughts. I will never cheer for the Canucks, yes they have a great opportunity to win and they could easily do it. I can't buy into the bring the Cup back home to Canada theory.

When most of the American teams that win the team is made up of mostly Canadians anyways and it the actual Cup spends more time in Canada then anywhere else.

I have the same thought. I would never want the Oilers or Flames to win the cups because they're both Canucks rivals. If the Senators won the cup it would make the Canucks the only Canadian team that hasn't won the cup, and the Leafs, well, I wish nothing good for the city of Toronto. The Canadiens are the only Canadian team that I wouldn't mind winning the cup.

Even the whole Canucks winning the cup for Canada argument doesen't explain it.

The hate for them is year round and way out of proportion for their level of success and their market.

It would be like if the Colorado Rockies were one of the most hated teams in baseball. It just makes no sense going on the normal reasons to hate a team.

Archived