2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mind is still boggled by Vancouver's fourth goal. How do you make a pass through the goalie's legs? When would that even occur to you as a good idea that might work?

PvO6ZWJ.png

My mind is still boggled by Vancouver's fourth goal. How do you make a pass through the goalie's legs? When would that even occur to you as a good idea that might work?

When it's Henrik Sedin with the puck.

Sedin indicated that was intended to be a shot as he left the interview post-game with Pang.

However, knowing his tendency to pass first, shoot second, I think he was passing. Either way, Niemi can't let that go five-hole.

The Sharks seemed to play the opposite of normal today ? they played better in the last 10 minutes than the first 50. They finally seemed aggressive on the forecheck and played with urgency. Too little, too late for today's game.

If Jumbo Joe is unable to play, that will be huge and likely lead to the Canucks moving on in one more game. He's their captain and their "quarterback."

Unlike the Canucks, who had Kesler step up when the twins were Sedin-tary (hehehe), the Sharks haven't had anyone show me they could take over in Joe's absence. Marleau stepped up after JR's criticism but Pavelski, Heatley, Couture and Setogutchi need to find something deep down or they'll be making tee-times for Wednesday afternoon.

(Take my opinions as that of someone who favors the Sharks in this series, but is realistic and thought the Canucks would win it.)

Predicting that Heatley asks for a trade next week after deciding that it's no fun in San Jose anymore.

OH GEEZ TAKE AWAY HIS KEYS NOW

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think Vancouver pretty much ended it tonight.

San Jose has just not looked right since midway through the Detroit series, and Vancouver is a much better team then the Red Wings are. They have argubly the best player and the best goalie in the NHL. I don't anyone beating the Canucks and I certainly don't see San Jose taking three straight from them. This was basically a must win for the Sharks and they get smashed.

Predicting that Heatley asks for a trade next week after deciding that it's no fun in San Jose anymore.

OH GEEZ TAKE AWAY HIS KEYS NOW

... trade him to the Glendale parking lot... then take away his keys...

I saw, I came, I left.

I wouldn't say the Western Conference Finals are over yet, though obviously San Jose has a lot of work to do.

As both teams are aware, no series lead is safe. In fact, both of these teams combined are 0 for 4 in Game 5's this postseason. In each of the previous two series this postseason involving both the Sharks and Canucks, they came home for Game 5 up 3 games to 1. And in all four cases, they lost. Knowing it was the home team that lost each of these games may provide good odds for San Jose to win game 5, but it will require a better effort than yesterday.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I think we will see the Sedin twins gingerly lifting the Campbell Cup at the end of Game 5

A bold statement considering they're up 3-1.

Stay out there on that edge, Tnak...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Sharks official Twitter account just tweeted this:

"Coach T-Mac says Jumbo is in for Game 5"

Hopefully this means he's not hurt too badly and not just playing through a bunch of pain at the cost of being effective.

I think we will see the Sedin twins gingerly lifting the Campbell Cup at the end of Game 5

It actually is kind of bold, considering the tradition where most teams don't even touch the conference championship trophies.

It actually is kind of bold, considering the tradition where most teams don't even touch the conference championship trophies.

I never got that. I remember 1995. Scott Stevens manhandled the Wales Trophy, The Wings didn't touch it, Devils win 4-0.

To me, that should end that silly tradition right there...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I don't think there's any correlation whatsoever between trophy-touching and winning the Stanley Cup. That some players do and some don't does not bother me in the least.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived