2011-12 soccer kits

Saintsfan

Still can't get over how underwhelming the US change shirt is, after the completely phenomenal change shirt they had recently.

I like the England red shirt for sure, better than the white one. Not as good as the 2010 shirt that aawagner011 just posted.

spacer.png

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

201202230824770563_1.jpg

20120223121.jpg

201202230824770563_3.jpg

That looks good when it's not tucked in. Don't love their badge, though, or the reuse of the font.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Those look fantastic.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Korea looks beautiful.

Possible update: getting word that the red England top might actually be the goalkeeper shirt matched to the home kit. I honestly don't know, but that would make more sense and would fit in with Umbro's usual plan of alternating home and away releases.

vader.jpg

spacer.png

Gorgeous.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

SwedenEuro2012Home.jpg

Umbro is doing great things, though I don't like how they sandwiched the badge between the two pinstripes like that.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Possible update: getting word that the red England top might actually be the goalkeeper shirt matched to the home kit. I honestly don't know, but that would make more sense and would fit in with Umbro's usual plan of alternating home and away releases.

Interesting. Still interested to see what color the shorts will be. If the red shirt is a goalkeepers shirt, then I would have thought it is less likely the shorts will be red. Either white, or navy hopefully.

EDIT: A quick trip to Football shirt culture answered my own question

england-euro-2012-umbro-home-football-shirt-i.jpg

Footballshirtculture.comhas some interesting details about the shirt.

So what?s so special about it? Here?s some insight into the new England home shirt, Tailored by Umbro. First of all, this is the first time ever that the England shirt has been purely red and white. That?s tied into the main inspiration behind the new England shirt ? that most symbolic notion of Englishness, the St. George?s flag. The red and white of the English flag are the key components of the new home shirt, with the red England crest proudly embroidered on the chest, alongside the iconic Umbro double diamond.

Probably the most eye-catching part of the new England home shirt is the collar. Featuring a smart, one button fastener, the collar is inspired by the look of a traditional shirt. With the collar down, players and fans will have a subtle dash of red along the top, recalling the flag of England?s patron saint. Under the collar, a more detailed stripe is revealed, which has been inspired by Sir Alf Ramsey?s iconic 1966 jacket and the St George?s flag, developed by Umbro into this tonal red design.

AlfRamsey_000.jpg

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Oh wow. The Korea and Sweden shirts are beautiful. The Korean shirt especially has one of the coolest designs I've ever seen on a shirt.

And I like that triple-red on the England shorts, too. Great color for that pattern.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Really going to dislike that England kit when it is matched with the alternate red shorts. That is definitely NOT what England should look like. It's gotta be either navy or white shorts.

Also France officially debuted today. The all white looks incredibly clean and fresh!

http://nikeinc.com/news/nike-unveils-france-away-national-team-kit

France_Away_Jersey_DB_large.jpg

6923417521_4701ba66fd_b.jpg

Archived