2011-12 soccer kits

Saintsfan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This red England is GK :)

Ukraine Away:

6782710500_23f2789b64_b.jpg

This is a great look. One of adidas' best this year for sure. The pattern inside the stripe is nice.

What is the pattern?

It's got the crown in the center, and I'm not sure if the rest of the design has some sort of specific meaning or not, but here is a better view of it. The only part of the yellow kit I disliked was the crescent-shaped panels where the stripes terminate below the shoulder, and that seems to be absent from the blue version.

ukraine2012euro1.jpg

It's supposed to be Vytynanky (Ukrainian)/Wycinanki (Polish), a Polish and Ukrainian version of the art form of papercutting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wycinanki

This red England is GK :)

Ukraine Away:

6782710500_23f2789b64_b.jpg

This is a great look. One of adidas' best this year for sure. The pattern inside the stripe is nice.

What is the pattern?

It's got the crown in the center, and I'm not sure if the rest of the design has some sort of specific meaning or not, but here is a better view of it. The only part of the yellow kit I disliked was the crescent-shaped panels where the stripes terminate below the shoulder, and that seems to be absent from the blue version.

ukraine2012euro1.jpg

It's supposed to be Vytynanky (Ukrainian)/Wycinanki (Polish), a Polish and Ukrainian version of the art form of papercutting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wycinanki

Wow that's pretty neat. Thanks for finding that out Andrew and Wilt. I love it when local design elements are incorporated into a unifrom.

spacer.png

Nike is on a roll.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It's a nice kit, but doesnt have that Australia feel to it. The blue and yellow (orange? yorallow?) seem too dark.

Australia's Green/Gold and Blue/Gold make them readily identifiable...if I were to see these on TV I'd think the dutch washed their kits too hard...

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

526787-lucas-neill.jpg

401138_10150727950237028_288514327027_11299391_227354785_n.jpg

New Australia away

It's nowhere near as good as their last World Cup effort for Australia:

57766.jpg

In fact, I don't find it particularly above average at all. What's with the box on the right sleeve?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Quite possibly, I believe it's a stock Nike font at the moment as it also looks very similar to the numbers on the England Rugby World Cup jersies back in november.

I think it's the same number Werder Bremen are using. The Netherlands numbers are specific to them only.

Actually, it's Kashima Antlers uni numbers from last year (2011)

5416418744_e1424a9119_z.jpg

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

That is a solid effort by Umbro. Great stuff.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

526787-lucas-neill.jpg

401138_10150727950237028_288514327027_11299391_227354785_n.jpg

New Australia away

It's nowhere near as good as their last World Cup effort for Australia:

57766.jpg

In fact, I don't find it particularly above average at all. What's with the box on the right sleeve?

Well when they cut it out of the front stripe they had to put it somewhere. Everybody's trying to do their part to halt global warming.

But seriously, when I think Australian national competition I think green and yellow. Do they differentiate to blue often, or not? Either way, I prefer the green.

Nike is on a roll.

Except for the US' Away shirt.

Something tells me I'm going to really like it when its unveiled with official pictures and seeing it in action. I find myself liking the new look.

Always happens to me, even the total 90 template ones with the circle numbers. The only ones I was never a big fan of was the dark grey ones.

Clint Dempsey tends to make every jersey look better though..

when I think Australian national competition I think green and yellow. Do they differentiate to blue often, or not? Either way, I prefer the green.

I think blue is their standard change color. Like the Netherlands, their standard kit is unique enough that they're not often called upon to wear the clash strip, so it's not as iconic in our minds as a team like England, Germany or the US.

Archived