2011-12 soccer kits

Saintsfan

Greece and Croatia are great, while Turkey and Italy are pretty "meh". I especially expected more from the Italians.

According to Allen Hopkins:

#USMNT set to debut new @nikesoccer kits tomorrow v. Italy. Saw them prior to release, like them a lot. Entire collection is fantastic.

SOURCE

Hopefully we'll be in the red/white hoops and Italy will be in their new home blue kit. That'd be a nice-looking game...

Damn straight. Where can I watch the match?

ESPN2. 2:30 ET

The new away shirt goes on sale tomorrow and the home shirt doesn't go on sale for a few months, so I don't imagine we'll be lucky enough to see the USMNT in hoops tomorrow. I'll be watching either way.

I am absolutely buying the red and white hoops. Thanks for the time, I'll definitely be tuning in.

spacer.png

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greece and Croatia are great, while Turkey and Italy are pretty "meh". I especially expected more from the Italians.

According to Allen Hopkins:

#USMNT set to debut new @nikesoccer kits tomorrow v. Italy. Saw them prior to release, like them a lot. Entire collection is fantastic.

SOURCE

Hopefully we'll be in the red/white hoops and Italy will be in their new home blue kit. That'd be a nice-looking game...

Damn straight. Where can I watch the match?

ESPN2. 2:30 ET

The new away shirt goes on sale tomorrow and the home shirt doesn't go on sale for a few months, so I don't imagine we'll be lucky enough to see the USMNT in hoops tomorrow. I'll be watching either way.

oh, boo on that, Nike! i'll still tune in, but I'm getting nowhere near buying the shoddy away kit. Blech!

:shocked:

That New Zealand jersey might just be my favorite Nike jersey ever. Oh my God that is amazing.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

same here. Can't wait to buy the hoops. Also, can't believe we haven't seen any official promo shots of either of the new US kits.

same here.

In other Nike news, these are AMAZING, as always with the All Blacks:

NZ12temp.jpg

...too bad their team isnt as good as they look.

All Black for All Blacks Sake?

Seriously though, that's glorious. Loved their clean look from 2010, but this might top it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't get the hate for the new US clash kits. Sure, they may not be the most exciting kit, but they are clean and classy. It's basically a navy version of an Arsenal shirt... which is a classic look. I guarantee that they will look better in action than they do on the rack.

I don't get the hate for the new US clash kits. Sure, they may not be the most exciting kit, but they are clean and classy. It's basically a navy version of an Arsenal shirt... which is a classic look. I guarantee that they will look better in action than they do on the rack.

Their old clash kits were better and compared to what Nike has done for other nations during this "reveal period", the USA change kits are by far the worst.

spacer.png

Their old clash kits were better and compared to what Nike has done for other nations during this "reveal period", they are by far the worst.

The old ones and new ones really aren't that different. And while it might not be Nike's best work (compared to some of the other kits), it also doesn't need to be... considering all the Euro teams will be on display in Euro '12 and the highest profile these US kits will see is CONCACAF qualifying.

Besides, an average Nike kit is still better than any Adidas or Puma kit. (Sorry Andy! ^_^ )

Besides, an average Nike kit is still better than any Adidas or Puma kit. (Sorry Andy! ^_^ )

Truer words have never been spoken.

However, the Puma kits at the World Cup were all pretty good.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Their old clash kits were better and compared to what Nike has done for other nations during this "reveal period", they are by far the worst.

The old ones and new ones really aren't that different. And while it might not be Nike's best work (compared to some of the other kits), it also doesn't need to be... considering all the Euro teams will be on display in Euro '12 and the highest profile these US kits will see is CONCACAF qualifying.

The invisible sash, white sleeves and (perhaps) muted blue are enough change from the last change kit to make me hate it.

And believe me, I loved the old change kits. I'm wearing one right now.

spacer.png

A little late to the party here, but New Zealand's kit is absolutely gorgeous. One of my favorite designs in a long while.

Nike seems to keep crankin' out the good stuff. In my humble opinion, they're tops in soccer.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

same here. Can't wait to buy the hoops. Also, can't believe we haven't seen any official promo shots of either of the new US kits.

same here.

In other Nike news, these are AMAZING, as always with the All Blacks:

NZ12temp.jpg

...too bad their team isnt as good as they look.

those would look solid on a rugby pitch

I'm still not really feeling them , but i agree i think they will look a lot sharper on the field. My only complaint really is that the sleeves look a little bland as opposed to the three colored collar.

AW, That's awesome, is it only the away though??

Archived