2011-12 soccer kits

Saintsfan

Color me unpatriotic if you choose, but...I just ain't really liked nothing that Nike has put out for the USMNT (or WNT, for that matter), well except for those '98 red-topped kits. As far as these (and the FIFA WC kits as well), on their own, in a vaccuum, they don't really look too bad...but there's nothing about them that in any way, shape or form, beyond the badge, says "U.S.A." to me. Now understand that I'm not clamoring for the Yanks to come out draped in stars and stripes, but they (Nike here, I suppose) really should come up with somethibg with staying power and stick to it. That may in fact be why the hooped shirts have actually been growing on me lately. Well that, and the prominent featuring of RED, which aside from third sets has been sorely missing from the U.S.' on-field look. This change kit barely uses any; it was the same with the WC sets. And really, my other main issue is this whole sash thing. Nike really missed a golden opportunity during that WC to create a concrete signature look for the Yanks. The intent was there, that is, draw inspiration from the 1950 team and feature that squad's sash look...but then they go and try to get "too cute" with it (the offset trim is really unecessary...they should've just stuck to a solid one-color red sash), added to the fact that said sash is really too wide for my liking. And now they're ghosting the sash onto tbese shirts just to shoehorn it there? Sorry, not doing it for me.

But of course that's just one man's opinion (my two rusted Lincolns)...feel free to dissent and rip it to shreds if you like.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Color me unpatriotic if you choose, but...I just ain't really liked nothing that Nike has put out for the USMNT (or WNT, for that matter), well except for those '98 red-topped kits. As far as these (and the FIFA WC kits as well), on their own, in a vaccuum, they don't really look too bad...but there's nothing about them that in any way, shape or form, beyond the badge, says "U.S.A." to me. Now understand that I'm not clamoring for the Yanks to come out draped in stars and stripes, but they (Nike here, I suppose) really should come up with something with staying power and stick to it. That may in fact be why the hooped shirts have actually been growing on me lately. Well that, and the prominent featuring of RED, which aside from third sets has been sorely missing from the U.S.' on-field look. This change kit barely uses any; it was the same with the WC sets. And really, my other main issue is this whole sash thing. Nike really missed a golden opportunity during that WC to create a concrete signature look for the Yanks. The intent was there, that is, draw inspiration from the 1950 team and feature that squad's sash look...but then they go and try to get "too cute" with it (the offset trim is really unecessary...they should've just stuck to a solid one-color red sash), added to the fact that said sash is really too wide for my liking. And now they're ghosting the sash onto tbese shirts just to shoehorn it there? Sorry, not doing it for me.

But of course that's just one man's opinion (my two rusted Lincolns)...feel free to dissent and rip it to shreds if you like.

I do agree that it would be nice if they stayed with something and I guess just made slight changes every two years. Of course the clothing sales would go down if they looked really similar, so I guess what I would really want them to do is I guess keep the sash, and have the same color scheme for each switch every two years. So in the long run, its good that they are switching up their kits drastically

Color me unpatriotic if you choose, but...I just ain't really liked nothing that Nike has put out for the USMNT (or WNT, for that matter), well except for those '98 red-topped kits. As far as these (and the FIFA WC kits as well), on their own, in a vaccuum, they don't really look too bad...but there's nothing about them that in any way, shape or form, beyond the badge, says "U.S.A." to me. Now understand that I'm not clamoring for the Yanks to come out draped in stars and stripes, but they (Nike here, I suppose) really should come up with somethibg with staying power and stick to it. That may in fact be why the hooped shirts have actually been growing on me lately. Well that, and the prominent featuring of RED, which aside from third sets has been sorely missing from the U.S.' on-field look. This change kit barely uses any; it was the same with the WC sets. And really, my other main issue is this whole sash thing. Nike really missed a golden opportunity during that WC to create a concrete signature look for the Yanks. The intent was there, that is, draw inspiration from the 1950 team and feature that squad's sash look...but then they go and try to get "too cute" with it (the offset trim is really unecessary...they should've just stuck to a solid one-color red sash), added to the fact that said sash is really too wide for my liking. And now they're ghosting the sash onto tbese shirts just to shoehorn it there? Sorry, not doing it for me.

Then you'll love their home kit. Red and white hoops, just like the flag.

spacer.png

I've always wanted the US to use a red and white hooped jersey to mimic the flag's stripes. I don't get why they bothered shoehorning a shadow sash on it like they did for their navy Arsenal kits though.

White socks would be a nice balance for this kit.

I love the shirts on their own, but they really suffer paired with blue shorts.

Arsenal makes the white sleeves work only by matching them with white shorts. This look doesn't have nearly enough white to balance it out.

Even white socks would be an improvement.

Arsenal makes the white sleeves work only by matching them with white shorts. This look doesn't have nearly enough white to balance it out.

My EXACT thoughts as I watched them yesterday...white shorts would make these aways passable in my book. I'm sure we'll see it down the road, once theyve unveiled the home kit (white/red top and white shorts). Then, they'll mix and match both tops with both shorts and they'll discover the err of their ways. As I type this, I'm thinking the home red/whites would probably look better with blue shorts anyway, so they just need to switch both shorts and all will be forgiven.

My EXACT thoughts as I watched them yesterday...white shorts would make these aways passable in my book. I'm sure we'll see it down the road, once theyve unveiled the home kit (white/red top and white shorts). Then, they'll mix and match both tops with both shorts and they'll discover the err of their ways. As I type this, I'm thinking the home red/whites would probably look better with blue shorts anyway, so they just need to switch both shorts and all will be forgiven.

Is the home kits supposed to be worn with white shorts?

All notions point to the same navy shorts paired with the hooped kit. A display photo showed the kit matched with navy and the Nike spring catalog lists the shorts as home/away. So they're probably the default shorts whenever they can be worn and we'll probably see an alt white short for any clashes (for both shirts).

saw this floating around, but maybe its a fake. looks like AW's insight is more sound ;)

20121821533197505.jpg

same here. Can't wait to buy the hoops. Also, can't believe we haven't seen any official promo shots of either of the new US kits.

same here.

In other Nike news, these are AMAZING, as always with the All Blacks:

NZ12temp.jpg

...too bad their team isnt as good as they look.

those would look solid on a rugby pitch

My question is, do they look like the picture on the left, or the one on the right? The one on the left is horridly overdone, and the one on the right is quite classy and restrained. The success of this jersey is all in a few clicks of the opacity meter.

FC Dallas looks great... for an MLS team. The USMNT was close to looking great, but they couldn't close the deal yet again.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Like those Dallas jerseys. However, I really wish they'd remove the wordmark. I think FC Dallas is now the only team in MLS with a pointless wordmark across the chest. KC used to have it before the switch to Sporting, Colorado used to have it, Houston had it, and the Revs had it before getting a sponsor. It looks incredibly minor league. If they can't get a jersey sponsor, then just leave that space blank. It'll look much better.

Like those Dallas jerseys. However, I really wish they'd remove the wordmark. I think FC Dallas is now the only team in MLS with a pointless wordmark across the chest. KC used to have it before the switch to Sporting, Colorado used to have it, Houston had it, and the Revs had it before getting a sponsor. It looks incredibly minor league. If they can't get a jersey sponsor, then just leave that space blank. It'll look much better.

Pretty much agreed 100%. General consensus among FCD fandom is that they were hoping to get a deal done for a sponsor, and that is why it has taken this long to reveal the jerseys. But there still is no need for FC DALLAS on the front. Would look better sans wordmark.

Always next year, I suppose.

The grey sleeves look bizarre on that blue Dallas jersey. Why must Adidas put the triple stripes on EVERYTHING?

Because if they don't, then they risk it becoming a generic design element, and then they no longer own it as their corporate mark.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Any word on Sporting KC's new home kit?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

FC Dallas revealed, 10 days before the season. Better late than never.

You can cut these things kinda close when only about 50 people genuinely care.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

saw this floating around, but maybe its a fake. looks like AW's insight is more sound ;)

20121821533197505.jpg

Yeah those are fake. Jerseys are pretty much the replicas but yeah that's fake. I we do have some white shorts which I'm sure we do, those won't be it.

Archived