2011-12 soccer kits

Saintsfan

1331862967_a.jpg

New jerseys for the Fort Lauderdale Strikers in 2012. The home shirt, with the thicker hoops, more resembles the old 70's-80's shirts but with the red and yellow switched. The alternate jersey is a vast improvement over last season's just plain white.

The side panels and the lack of stripes on the sleeves of these jerseys is disaapointing, but I love that they developed a nice typeface based on the original STRIKERS lettering.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still don't understand how a team that wears red and yellow hoops can have a change shirt that's yellow.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know the league that well, but maybe they don't have to play any teams that wear yellow?

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I still don't understand how a team that wears red and yellow hoops can have a change shirt that's yellow.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know the league that well, but maybe they don't have to play any teams that wear yellow?

If they were only playing within the league, that's a somewhat good point:

Atlanta: red/black/black

Carolina: all-orange (or sometimes orange/white/orange)

Edmonton: I'm not sure if their primary is the all-white or all-blue with white sleeves

Minnesota: navy/navy/yellow

Puerto Rico: all-orange

San Antoion: all-black (I think)

Tampa: green/white/green-yellow hoops

The two orange teams would make for interesting matchups. I suppose the red/yellow hoops with the black shorts/socks will be different enough.

Of course, it's possible that during the course of the US Open Cup or in friendlies they could need something else.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Any word on if the U-23 team is going to be wearing the new home kit this weekend?

Of course they won't. We will see it in May or whenever the USMNT has their next home match.

FWIW, the US home jersey has a page waiting "in limbo" on soccerpro.com.

http://www.soccerpro.com/Nike-USA-Home-Jersey-2012-p12922/

So the product ID is 450449 and the colorway is 648. I always like using this info on Google to find more info before they officially launch. Usually you can find a shop or two that jumps the gun and lists the product. Even though the launch is probably weeks away still, I figured I'd pass along the info.

P.S. side note, the away jersey is 450451 410

I usually like Adidas' more unique designs (the various Lyon and OM kits from the past few years jump to mind)...but that kit is no bueno...and where did Adidas hide the 3 stripes?

I am pretty sure that Olympic regulations prohibit the extent of branding that the three stripes bring.

I actually quite like it. The blueing up of the union jack is coming in for some criticism, but I don't mind that at all. I must say that the soccer uniform is not necessarily the best rendering of the general design that the GB team will be wearing across Olympic sports.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Wait since when does England wear Adidas for soccer? Are we sure that's not rugby or something?

That's not England, it's the Great Britain Olympic team. Not just football - they're wearing Adidas for all sports.

I don't know when it started, but they wore Adidas in Beijing:

0145191050085.jpg

EDIT: Looks like it started with the LA games in 1984:

_59235198_thomson_1980.jpg

Wait since when does England wear Adidas for soccer? Are we sure that's not rugby or something?

There's no such thing as "England" for the purposes of the 2012 Olympics. Great Britain is competing jointly (England, Wales, N. Ireland, Scotland) as one. This has been a point of controversy as the smaller nations feel as if their independence may be compromised in future international tournaments. Even Sepp Blatter (head of FIFA) can't decide how to react. He has both stated they should compete together and this will in no way affect their independent statuses and also said that there is the possibility that it could have negative consequences.

That's not England, it's the Great Britain Olympic team. Not just football - they're wearing Adidas for all sports.

Ah, forgot that they competed as "Great Britain" rather than separately. Don't most countries just send one of their federation squads though?

Archived