2011-12 soccer kits

Saintsfan

The leaked Man U tartan change shirt was blue.

new-manchester-united-kit-2012.jpg

Don't know about the shorts, but the same blue tartan would make sense.

It doesn't look good on the red, but it really doesn't look good on the blue. I understand why they're doing it, it just doesn't work.

this was posted over on bigsoccer

gc3hp.jpg

....me gusta.

Me too. Those red and white hoops look phenomenal.

spacer.png

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://a.yfrog.com/img864/9474/gc3hp.jpg

....me gusta.

Hahaha, I was the one who posted that! I'm don't_tread_011. And yeah, I think it looks great! Might need a scarf...

ahaha! yeah i think we should just own up to the whole "waldo thing" and really emphasize it!

it's good to meet a fellow design/soccer! i'm sav19, the one arguing about nike >adidas

I agree with you. I think the hoops look is a really unique and "ownable" look that is also very reflective of our country. I like how all three of our colors are prominently on display with the hoops. That's one of the reasons I liked the red third kit and blue shorts. I also agree with you that Nike is better with their simplistic designs as opposed to Adidas and their piped out templates, as you were arguing on BS.

I don't think the Manchester United change jersey is legitimate. Their clash kit has never been the same color two years in a row.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

That man u one would be real disappointing if it's real. Their last 2 have been absolutely gorgeous. And the navy us jerseys aren't bad necessarily but I would hope do something more for the national team.. The stars ones started to grow on me :/

I wouldn't say the 2011-12 home kit was gorgeous, but the road kit with the blue and black hoops was phenomenal.

I also love the chevron kit from a few years ago.

spacer.png

Apart from the first few kits Nike made for them, Manchester United has been consistently solid in the past decade or so.

manchester_united_2002-2004.gifmanchester_united_2004-2006.gifmanchester_united_2006-2007-b.gifmanchester_united_2007-2009-b.gifmanchester_united_2009-2010.gifmanchester_united_2010-2011.gifmanchester_united_2011-2012.gif

Those first three were not so great, but not terrible either.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

here's another shot of the new kit

2012AFCtop.jpg

The picture of the new kit shown here looks like somebody just photo-shopped the 2010 jersey.

s100087_1.jpg

That's exactly what they did. And not very well.

If you go to Arsenalinsider.com, you will read that they did a quick photoshop mock-up of a photo they've been shown. It's not meant to be a "real leaked" photo.

"Confirmadas" of Arsenal, Barca, and ManU's 12/13 home kits:

NIKES12.jpg

I'm still not happy with Barca's kit, and I sure as hell hope they don't have those royal blue socks...Arsenal and ManU look good tho.

Barcas shirt looks the best of that bunch. I don't like any of the socks. Arsenal's shrit doesn't look like Arsenal. I like the idea behind that United shirt, but it just doesn't look as good as the last 2.

http://a.yfrog.com/img864/9474/gc3hp.jpg

....me gusta.

Good. It looks like we will finally get an authentic version for sale.

I could stand navy blue accents for Arsenal, but "red and white with a touch of black" already belongs to a Premiership club, and it isn't ours.

Black socks? That would be like unveiling a change strip of blue shirt and shorts with white socks.

I almost wonder if the guy putting out the display mixed up the socks? Can't remember United wearing red socks since the 60s. Though the red is closer to the United shirt, rather than the Arsenal one.

That was my immediate thought too. Man United has worn black socks since the 1800s, and I'd be surprised and upset if that changes.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

Question, hopefully someone has an answer. How come the us kits don't seem to have that thick cuff that th rest seem to have?

I don't think the Manchester United change jersey is legitimate. Their clash kit has never been the same color two years in a row.

Seconded.

The reason they change the colour of it every year as well is so that if necessary last year's clash kit can serve as a third, like away at Basel in the game they went out of the Champions League (LOL), they wore last year's white kits because Basel play in red and blue

baselmanuget9401112078c.jpg

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Chivas looking classy this year. And BlazerBlaze, not sure. It was basically a domino effect. Shaydre posted it from a post I made on another site, and I got it from a group on Facebook. The guy who posted it on FB didn't know the source and said he found it on Twitter... :therock:

Seconded.

The reason they change the colour of it every year as well is so that if necessary last year's clash kit can serve as a third, like away at Basel in the game they went out of the Champions League (LOL), they wore last year's white kits because Basel play in red and blue

baselmanuget9401112078c.jpg

Yeah.

Recently, their clash kits have been the previous year's away kit.

spacer.png

"Confirmadas" of Arsenal, Barca, and ManU's 12/13 home kits:

NIKES12.jpg

I'm still not happy with Barca's kit, and I sure as hell hope they don't have those royal blue socks...Arsenal and ManU look good tho.

One problem, Man United does not wear red socks with the home kit. Either white or black. And black on Arsenal and a shirt that looks similar to a shirt they wore last year is kinda weird

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

One problem, Man United does not wear red socks with the home kit. Either white or black. And black on Arsenal and a shirt that looks similar to a shirt they wore last year is kinda weird

They may have gotten the socks for United and Arsenal mixed up.

Archived