2011 NBA Playoffs

Rockstar Matt

Do all Laker fans expect to win the title every year, or just the ones on this board?

No, pretty much all Lakers fans are that arrogant. It's gone beyond expecting a title to feeling entitled to a title in the past few years.

And the funny thing is that the real bandwagoners haven't even shown up yet, or really even know that it's Playoff time. They don't come out of the woodwork until it's the actual Finals, and then all of a sudden they are the biggest Lakers fans ever.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I especially hate the idiots who confuse titles with self-worth and look down on people who root for ringless teams. I don't care how many rings they have, I'll never root for the Lakers. Deal with it.

Absolutely, that bugs the hell out of me. All these Lakerwagon fans here in Utah always flood my facebook wall with crap like "Hey hater...WHERES UR RINGZ?? LAKESHOW OMGZ 3-PEET!!", or the all-time greatest, "Why U always hatin' on the talented but root for the overrated? LAKESHOW > JAZZ!".

And people wonder why I and so many others hate the Lakers with a fiery passion. Memo to LA: If most of your fans (and "Lakerwagoners") weren't such arrogant $#!+heads, then maybe, just maybe, people could tolerate you.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Do all Laker fans expect to win the title every year, or just the ones on this board?

Well, put it this way: I expected a three-peat when we beat Orlando in 2009 but, if we win a title next year, that'll surprise me.

And the reason why I expected a three-peat way back in '09 was because Phil likes to win in threes. For you information. I didn't expect to go to the Finals in 2008. That surprised me.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

No, pretty much all Lakers fans are that arrogant. It's gone beyond expecting a title to feeling entitled to a title in the past few years.

And the funny thing is that the real bandwagoners haven't even shown up yet, or really even know that it's Playoff time. They don't come out of the woodwork until it's the actual Finals, and then all of a sudden they are the biggest Lakers fans ever.

Exactly. You see it all the time here in LA. People who don't ever watch the Lakers during the season, show up win they are in the Finals. It's extremely annoying.

I especially hate the idiots who confuse titles with self-worth and look down on people who root for ringless teams. I don't care how many rings they have, I'll never root for the Lakers. Deal with it.

I agree with you Lights Out, for once. I for one, am not that kind of fan. And since the Lakers are the NBA's most popular team by far, you'll tend to get those kind of fans in greater numbers. But, not all of us are arrogant.

Absolutely, that bugs the hell out of me. All these Lakerwagon fans here in Utah always flood my facebook wall with crap like "Hey hater...WHERES UR RINGZ?? LAKESHOW OMGZ 3-PEET!!", or the all-time greatest, "Why U always hatin' on the talented but root for the overrated? LAKESHOW > JAZZ!".

And people wonder why I and so many others hate the Lakers with a fiery passion. Memo to LA: If most of your fans (and "Lakerwagoners") weren't such arrogant $#!+heads, then maybe, just maybe, people could tolerate you.

BUT! It is foolish to base an entire fan base off of those arrogant a-holes. I hate those fans just as much as you do. If there is anything I really hate it's taunting. There is no place for that. All of the Laker fans I know personally, are die-hards and are extremely classy.

@Rockstar Matt, yeah, you are not the kind of Lakers fan I would hate at all. I can tell you are a real fan, and you've seem to been following them throughout the season.

Also, at least you are from/live in California, so even if you were a bandwagon fan, it would be somewhat more understandable and acceptable. But I have friends here in Maryland who claim to be huge Lakers fans all of a sudden if they make the Finals. Those are the kinds of fake fans that deserve some hate.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

@Rockstar Matt, yeah, you are not the kind of Lakers fan I would hate at all. I can tell you are a real fan, and you've seem to been following them throughout the season.

Also, at least you are from/live in California, so even if you were a bandwagon fan, it would be somewhat more understandable and acceptable. But I have friends here in Maryland who claim to be huge Lakers fans all of a sudden if they make the Finals. Those are the kinds of fake fans that deserve some hate.

Thanks man, much appreciated.

I detest those fans. I agree, they deserve some hate.

Even though I'm from LA, we still have those kind of fans. When the Clips went into the second round against the Suns in 2006, people who I knew for a fact were wearing Laker jersey's in the previous round, all of the sudden have Clipper gear and claim they're humongous fans. I have friends who were Cav fans when LeBron was there, and now all of the sudden become the biggest Heat fans. It drives me nuts.

Exactly. You see it all the time here in LA. People who don't ever watch the Lakers during the season, show up win they are in the Finals. It's extremely annoying.

I agree with you Lights Out, for once. I for one, am not that kind of fan. And since the Lakers are the NBA's most popular team by far, you'll tend to get those kind of fans in greater numbers. But, not all of us are arrogant.

BUT! It is foolish to base an entire fan base off of those arrogant a-holes. I hate those fans just as much as you do. If there is anything I really hate it's taunting. There is no place for that. All of the Laker fans I know personally, are die-hards and are extremely classy.

That's why I said "if most of your fans", my friend. You've (as well as Infrared, among others I can think of on the boards) proven to be pretty classy here, so I don't have any problems with you at all. I hope you don't think this was directed towards you, it was more towards the annoying shizheads I deal with all the time outside the boards.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

That's why I said "if most of your fans", my friend. You've (as well as Infrared, among others I can think of on the boards) proven to be pretty classy here, so I don't have any problems with you at all. I hope you don't think this was directed towards you, it was more towards the annoying shizheads I deal with all the time outside the boards.

Haha, true true my man. I know what you are talking about though. The last couple of years after the Jazz-Lakers series, I went on some Jazz boards to say great series and what not, and I'd see these "Laker" fans going, "OMG! WE BEAT YO A**! LAKERS NUMBA 1!!!!!" and I hate it those Faker fans do so.

^^Boy I'll tell ya, they're REALLY bad over here :P I think it's mostly because of the fact that the Jazz are kind of known as a "they-always-fall-short" franchise, if you know what I mean, and the Lakerwagoners here like to pounce on that. It makes them feel superior because they root for a winning team, I guess. But yeah, I mean it'd be all in good fun if they eventually got around to being classy about it after each game/playoff matchup, like just simply saying "good game/series". But instead, the usual is "WHERE ARE ALL DA HATERZ AT YO?? LAKESHOW JUS RAN OVER DA JAZZ! JAZZ FANS R HATERZ!". At which point I close my web browser and quietly cuss at them in my head :P

But it's good to hear a classy fan like yourself's take on the matter, I figured there had to be some not-arrogant LA fans out there just facepalming every time a Lakerwagoner took to the keyboard :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Not this Lakers fan. I don't expect a title. Hell, I don't even expect them to get to the finals. Then again, I'm still getting used to being an NBA fan again. Give me some time to redevelop my Lakers arrogance. It's been a while. The 1987-88 season was a long time ago. :D

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

As a Laker fan, these past four years the expectation has been a championship, yeah. But as much as I don't want to compare myself to Yankee fans, it's the same mindset. Anything less than a title is a disappointment. The Lakers don't hang division or conference banners. The only thing that matters to the Lakers are NBA Titles.

Now those couple years after Shaq and before Pau (the Caron Butler/Kwame Brown/Smush Parker era :rolleyes: ), I didn't expect titles no. But they were equally as disappointing. There is a standard of winning in the history of the Lakers, and those down years really suck.

But yes, the goal is always a title, and anything less is a disappointment. Like next year once Phil leaves, I won't expect a title. Once Kobe really starts to show his decline and unless the Lakers get another superstar (like in 2012 with Dwight Howard or CP3), I won't be expecting titles. Those years will be disappointments and those times will suck. But during the down years, the goal will still be to get back on top.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Game 1 of Thunder vs Grizzles is on Sunday Afternoon.

You know what? As someone who hasn't actively followed the NBA in about 15 years, I'm going to watch that. I watched the Thunder/Heat game earlier this year, and OKC is just a bunch of fun on the court. Memphis in an intriguing curiosity. I mean, I literally know nothing about that team. Er, OJ Mayo? Is he still on there?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Alright, since you all very well know, the Semi-Finals are upon us and the match-ups are as such:

Eastern Semi-Finals:

1. Chicago Bulls vs. 5. Atlanta Hawks

2. Miami Heat vs. 3. Boston Celtics

Western Semi-Finals:

4. Oklahoma City Thunder vs. 8. Memphis Grizzlies

2. Los Angeles Lakers vs. 3. Dallas Mavericks

I added color because I thought it'd look pleasant.

Archived