2011 NBA Playoffs

Rockstar Matt

Too bad the Grizzlies and Thunder are doing so well. A Sonics/Grizzlies 2nd rounder would be fun.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm tired of all the talking heats on tv blaming the Spurs' woes to Manu Ginobili being banged up. Even if Manu were to be abducted by aliens, San Antonio should be beating the tar outta Memphis. Inexcusable.

6uXNWAo.png

So word around town is that the Thunder's attempt at a sweep was thwarted thanks to Russell Westbrook deciding that he wanted to do Kevin Durant's job at the end.

Seriously, 30 shots from Westbrook?! Westbrook scored 30 points, but not only did Durant outscore him (barely, with 31), he did it in 18 shots! If your PG is putting up 30 shots, you probably aren't going to win that game.

I'm hoping the Thunder tell Westbrook to chill out with that, because they really aren't going to get far if Westbrook decides he wants to take over games while THE BEST SCORER IN THE LEAGUE IS ON THE FLOOR.

I don't think I've ever seen the Spurs get beat that badly at their own game.

Memphis outplayed them on the bench and had better ball movement, two things San Antonio prides themselves on with their style of play. Memphis had five guys score in double digits. Tim Duncan was a complete non factor in the game, just six points. Tony Parker had 7 turnovers. Matt Bonner like Duncan was also a complete non-factor in the game. Richard Jefferson had a worse shooting performance then I did, but at least I didn't take four shots to get my 0 points. Perhaps most telling off all the stats was the Spurs leading interior scorer. Tiago Splitter. That's how badly Memphis affected the Spurs interior play.

Memphis just shut down all the Spurs passing lanes in game 4, and did whatever they wanted to on offense.

You got to go back to the '99 Knicks to find an 8 seed that has looked as good as Memphis has in this series. They actually look like the last team I would want to play in the Western Conference at this point in the playoffs. I could picture them getting to the NBA Finals if they keep playing like this.

Who else is worried the Spurs will come back?

I'd give them maybe a 10% chance of doing it. It's possible, but the way Memphis has played this series I don't think its very likely for San Antonio to beat them three straight.

I think its much more Memphis playing well then San Antonio playing bad that has the Spurs in a 3-1 hole.

Still this is the Spurs we are talking about, argubly the most successful team over the past decade. I would never completely count them out of a series.

I don't watch the Spurs very often, but these Playoffs they haven't seemed to play with much heart. Maybe they are just so good that they make things look effortless. But they don't seem to play like they want it this postseason. Memphis seems to be playing like the exact opposite. Heart and desire seem to be far outweighing proven pure skill/experience/composure in this series.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Bulls just crushed all Pacer hope in the 3rd.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Ah, there are the playoff Hawks we all love.

Not surprised at all.

Well the game was in Orlando you did not think it would be easy did you? The Hawks just need to continue to win in the ATL.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Not surprised at all.

Well the game was in Orlando you did not think it would be easy did you? The Hawks just need to continue to win in the ATL.

That was an ugly game for ATL, but I still see them winning the series. I don't see them losing at home and then losing again in ORL. They've already proven they can solidly win a playoff game in ORL and that says a lot to me.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Not surprised at all.

That was an ugly game for ATL, but I still see them winning the series. I don't see them losing at home and then losing again in ORL. They've already proven they can solidly win a playoff game in ORL and that says a lot to me.

The Magic played their best game today, its like Indiana, Philly and Denver in Game 4 each did not want to end their season at home and won a game but they wont win the series.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived