2011 NBA Playoffs

Rockstar Matt

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is Jared Jeffries doing?????? Let's see 2 feet from the basket and he tries to PASS? You cannot be serious. Only the Knicks would not score there.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It looked like he had room to go to the basket, but hindsight is 20/20. Maybe he thought Garnett was going to get in his way fast. He's a TERRIBLE free throw shooter, maybe he thought KG was going to foul him and he didn't want to put himself in that position (for his team's sake). Also, Jeffries is not really an offensive player, so maybe he just had a brain fart. But I think a better question would have been "Why is Jared Jeffries on the court at this point in the game?"

That's a tough loss for the Knicks, but I have a ton of respect for them now. They really fought hard against a great team in such a hostile environment, and lost right at the end in both games. Let's see how things go at MSG.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

What is Jared Jeffries doing?????? Let's see 2 feet from the basket and he tries to PASS? You cannot be serious. Only the Knicks would not score there.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It looked like he had room to go to the basket, but hindsight is 20/20. Maybe he thought Garnett was going to get in his way fast. He's a TERRIBLE free throw shooter, maybe he thought KG was going to foul him and he didn't want to put himself in that position (for his team's sake). Also, Jeffries is not really an offensive player, so maybe he just had a brain fart. But I think a better question would have been "Why is Jared Jeffries on the court at this point in the game?"

That's a tough loss for the Knicks, but I have a ton of respect for them now. They really fought hard against a great team in such a hostile environment, and lost right at the end in both games. Let's see how things go at MSG.

I agree completely, in that situation you don't need defence so why is he on the court? If the Knicks scored the Celtics would've just called timeout anyway. There was no need for Jeffries there. Another reason why Mike D'antoni is on his way out of New York.

Knicks could easily be headed back to MSG up 2-0, they just don't have the mental toughness like the Celts.

I don't know what it is with the Celtics & big time opposing players coming in & dropping huge points on them, but it seems to happen year after year & the Celtics just keep on winning. Then again, if I was a Knick fan I wouldn't be too disappointed. They didn't have Amare down the stretch, it was Carmelo & a bunch of dudes, and they still almost took out the C's in the Garden. Plus they haven't been to the playoffs since Wu-Tang Clan was on the radio, so I wouldn't be too sad about seeing the Knicks at least contend with the Celtics during playoff time. Y'all gotta remember, the series still has to go to New York...

EDIT:

knicksceltics2.jpg

Speaking of series switching venues, I feel great about the Hawks chances going back to Atlanta against the Magic. I hate to complain about officiating, but that was one of the worst officiated games that I've seen the Hawks play in, yet they still hung in there with the Magic. They got the split, & are going home in decent shape. SVG's adjustments won them the game for the most part, but I don't think those adjustments by themselves will be enough to bury Atlanta. This is gonna be an interesting series. Some ugly-ass basketball will be played, but it'll be interesting.

How was that not a shooting foul? Landry wrapped up Bynum as he was going up but that's not a foul shooting foul? What?! And when Kobe drove down the lane and Mbenga sent him to the ground (DJ was in the restricted circle), how is that not a foul? Man, these refs are awful.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Wow. Chicago is one the worst number 1 seeds I've ever seen. Besides Rose (who is a beast), the rest of the Bulls players suck. They will not come out of the East. They're just not ready.

Wow. Chicago is one the worst number 1 seeds I've ever seen. Besides Rose (who is a beast), the rest of the Bulls players suck. They will not come out of the East. They're just not ready.

I don't know man, the Pacers are a scrappy and hungry team playing in front of a revved up crowd. I wouldn't say this is an indication of the Bulls sucking as much as it is the Pacers playing their hearts out. I'm not necessarily picking the Bulls to go to the Finals though (I think it's too early to say that for any team). But the Sixers are beating the Heat by 8 after the first quarter; that doesn't mean I'm going to write the Heat off.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Actually, this is EXACTLY a case of the Bulls sucking. The Pacers are not playing that great, they are playing physical (borderline dirty) ball and the Bulls are stooping to their level, turning over the ball, missing shots, and committing stupid fouls. Also, Mister Rockstar, just stop. You are wrong, I could go into more detail but I'm too tired right now, and the Blackhawks are far too entertaining right now.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

It must be nice to say your team sucks when it's up 3-0 in a playoff series. Yeah, they're the #1 seed, yeah they're playing the Pacers, blah blah blah. They are 3-0.

Exactly. If anything, the Pacers are a bad matchup for the Bulls. It's not like this is anything to be worried about long-term. The Bulls will be fine.

That being said, this will probably end up being the most competitive sweep ever.

It must be nice to say your team sucks when it's up 3-0 in a playoff series. Yeah, they're the #1 seed, yeah they're playing the Pacers, blah blah blah. They are 3-0.

I'm not saying they suck completely, but they have played like :censored: this series. And yes, it is nice to be able to say that in this situation

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I wouldn't be complaining too much about being up 3-0. A win is a win in the postseason, whether it be by one point or thirty. And while Chicago hasn't looked all that great late game situations with their back against the wall they've always managed to pull it out. I don't think that's a coincidence either.

The way that team is built they aren't going to be blowing out teams by 25+ a night, but they aren't going to be getting blown out by 25+ a night either. This team relies on defense, good ball movement, and clutch shooting to win games. That's a tough matchup for any team to face.

On a scale of 1-10 my concern over the Bulls performance in the Indiana series would be a 2. They haven't brought their A game, but one of the signs of a great team is the ability to win games when they aren't playing at your best, because no team brings their A game every night. If you can steal a couple of games with your B- game on the floor though, you become a very tough team to contend with over a seven game series.

I also think Indiana had about as good of a gameplan as you can get for stopping Chicago, which is forget trying to stop Derrick Rose one on one, just close off his passing lanes and make him beat you by shooting the basketball. They've managed effectively take Boozer and Taj Gibson out of the series at least offensively. What's saved Chicago is that Rose has been up to the challenge and they have been getting good perimeter play out of Deng and Korver. Chicago is starting to adjust however and if you watched the game you saw them look more to Korver and Deng to setup plays and basically use Derrick Rose as a two guard alot of times. Rose only had two assits the whole game.

If any other team tries to do what Indiana has done in this series, I think the Bulls are going to play much more like they did in game three then they did in games one and two.

I wouldn't be complaining too much about being up 3-0. A win is a win in the postseason, whether it be by one point or thirty. And while Chicago hasn't looked all that great late game situations with their back against the wall they've always managed to pull it out. I don't think that's a coincidence either.

The way that team is built they aren't going to be blowing out teams by 25+ a night, but they aren't going to be getting blown out by 25+ a night either. This team relies on defense, good ball movement, and clutch shooting to win games. That's a tough matchup for any team to face.

On a scale of 1-10 my concern over the Bulls performance in the Indiana series would be a 2. They haven't brought their A game, but one of the signs of a great team is the ability to win games when they aren't playing at your best, because no team brings their A game every night. If you can steal a couple of games with your B- game on the floor though, you become a very tough team to contend with over a seven game series.

I also think Indiana had about as good of a gameplan as you can get for stopping Chicago, which is forget trying to stop Derrick Rose one on one, just close off his passing lanes and make him beat you by shooting the basketball. They've managed effectively take Boozer and Taj Gibson out of the series at least offensively. What's saved Chicago is that Rose has been up to the challenge and they have been getting good perimeter play out of Deng and Korver. Chicago is starting to adjust however and if you watched the game you saw them look more to Korver and Deng to setup plays and basically use Derrick Rose as a two guard alot of times. Rose only had two assits the whole game.

If any other team tries to do what Indiana has done in this series, I think the Bulls are going to play much more like they did in game three then they did in games one and two.

I was about to write my version of this, but I'll just agree with pmoehrin instead. It pretty much sums it up. The Bulls have played like this at times all year. The key is that they still won, like they are doing now.

And the Atlanta Hawks are now up 2-1 over the Magic. Man I hope the Hawks pull this off.

Also, on the Bulls; They're up 3-0 and people are saying they suck, are overrated, etc? It's the playoffs folks. All that matters is getting the win. You don't get extra points for winning by 20. Chicago may not be running the Pacers out of the building but they've won every game. I'm no NBA expert but, I think it should also be noted that the Pacers and Bulls play in the same division. Don't they play each other 5 or 6 times in a season? You can't discount Indiana's familiarity with the Bulls having some impact on this series. The Pacers may not be anywhere near as talented but they have played the Bulls often enough to gain a little insight on how to play them tough. Just a thought.

BB52Big.jpg

Actually, this is EXACTLY a case of the Bulls sucking. The Pacers are not playing that great, they are playing physical (borderline dirty) ball and the Bulls are stooping to their level, turning over the ball, missing shots, and committing stupid fouls. Also, Mister Rockstar, just stop. You are wrong, I could go into more detail but I'm too tired right now, and the Blackhawks are far too entertaining right now.

Dude, it isn't borderline dirty ball, it is dirty ball. I don't like that guy Foster. Two blatant flagrant fouls and they didn't call it on him.

And everyone but Rose isn't that good. I just don't see the Bulls coming out of the East. Everyone not named Rose makes silly turnovers and they don't play like the want it. Every time Derrick goes to the bench, the Bulls start to get outplayed. I just don't think they can beat Boston.

And the Atlanta Hawks are now up 2-1 over the Magic. Man I hope the Hawks pull this off.

Also, on the Bulls; They're up 3-0 and people are saying they suck, are overrated, etc? It's the playoffs folks. All that matters is getting the win. You don't get extra points for winning by 20. Chicago may not be running the Pacers out of the building but they've won every game. I'm no NBA expert but, I think it should also be noted that the Pacers and Bulls play in the same division. Don't they play each other 5 or 6 times in a season? You can't discount Indiana's familiarity with the Bulls having some impact on this series. The Pacers may not be anywhere near as talented but they have played the Bulls often enough to gain a little insight on how to play them tough. Just a thought.

It's only 4. Divisions don't really exist in the NBA. You play everyone in your conference 3 or 4 times, so there's no real difference.

6fQjS3M.png

I can tell my grandchildren that I saw, live in person, Jamal Crawford hit a bank shot 3-pointer to win an NBA 1st Round Playoff game.

I mean, FFS, who makes that shot?!

Archived