2011 NBA Playoffs

Rockstar Matt

The Celts have swept the Knicks!

That is all. :D

The way they are looking, they appear to become the first team since the 2001 Lakers to run a perfect postseason. 16-0, here Boston comes - nobody can stand in their way!

It's only the first round of the playoffs. As awesome as it would be seeing Boston have a perfect playoff run, and so far they are on that path, I don't expect them to sweep the whole playoffs. Anything can happen, though.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way they are looking, they appear to become the first team since the 2001 Lakers to run a perfect postseason. 16-0, here Boston comes - nobody can stand

in their way!

Actually, the Lakers lost game 1 to the 76ers in the finals.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Good season overall for the Knicks but a lot of things need to be done to officially get this team "back". First off Mike D'Antoni needs to just leave, I'd fire him but try to keep Donnie Walsh if possible. Hire a defensive-minded coach: Jeff Van Gundy would be the perfect guy to come back, but I doubt he would. Maybe they could get Adelman which would be decent as well. I'd draft a point guard in the draft just in case they cannot acquire a Chris Paul or Deron Williams. This team proved that good defense will always beat good offense, and if they want to win they have to learn that.

Still hate the confetti in Atlanta after every GD playoff win. I mean, it's the first round, come on.

Let them have their fun. This is as good as it's going to get for the Hawks.

Pretty much, because the 2nd round is basically the ceiling for this Hawks team. :P

That being said, I knew the Hawks were gonna be way more competitive this season vs. the Magic, but this is just awesome. The more I watch, the more I begin to realize that the Hawks are pretty much the better team this year. Atlanta didn't play particularly well down the stretch offensively in Game 4, yet they still were able to pull off the W because their defensive gameplan is working beautifully. Larry Drew's offensive playbook may consist of a doodle of Shaggy from Scooby-Doo & a huge ampersand, but the defensive playbook looks like some sort of supercomputer schematic. That, & SVG is inadvertently helping the Hawks by actually going AWAY from Dwight Howard on offense. They aren't going to get far at all in the playoffs with this type of play, but it's definitely good enough to beat Orlando at this point.

NEVER thought the Hawks would be up 3-1 at any point of the playoffs, but here they are. Pretty awesome.

EDIT: This is the Hawks' first 3-1 lead in a playoff series since 1970. Other than this past decade, the Hawks have played a lot of playoff basketball as a franchise, so that's kind of sad.

Does everyone realize since the last time the Knicks won a playoff game every other team except the Bobcats have won at least one game.

Having Isiah Thomas as your GM can have that effect.

Don't think the Dolans wouldn't bring him back in a second if Donnie Walsh didn't threaten to quit on the spot if he was brought back.

Wow never thought I'd say this..... The first round is actually been crazy entertaining and I haven't really watched an entire game just either bits or just catch the highlights.

I'm baffled at the Knicks they come so close at the Gaaaden and then at the Garden they tremble and play their worst ball, Blazers/Mavs tremendous, Pacers and Sixers have been very competitive, Thunder are showing utter dominance, the Grizz lead over the best in the west, the Hornets are guaranteed another trip back to the Nawlins and the Hawks aren't getting bullied around.

This is awesome!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Isn't Donnie retiring anyway? Isiah's coming back, it's just a matter of when. The Knicks are hilariously dysfunctional. The media needs to replace "it's the Clippers" with "it's the Knicks" in their lexicon.

Heard rumors over the summer that Walsh was retiring but they died out pretty quickly, and I don't see him leaving the Knicks until hes had at least some success with them. A first round exit I don't think would qualify as that.

Will Isiah ever comeback? Doubtful, but certainly not out of the question. For whatever reason the Dolans are in love with Isiah Thomas, even if everyone else in the NBA seems to hate his guts.

The Knicks have won back alot of good will in recent years. To throw that all away by hiring back the same guy that essentially drove fans out of the Garden in the first place would have to go down as one of the all-time dumbest front office moves in sports history. Maybe even the dumbest. From a PR standpoint it would be a nightmere, and from a basketball standpoint it could be even worse. I don't think Donnie Walsh was alone when he threatened to quit if the Knicks ever hired back Isiah. If the Dolan's value Isiah Thomas above all of that, they need to have their heads examined.

If we are using logic here under no circumstance would it make any sense for the Knicks to hire back Isiah Thomas. But crazy people don't use logic and the Dolan's would have to be crazy in order to bring back Isiah, and I'm not completely dismissing the idea that they are in fact that crazy.

I don't see Dwight Howard leaving a team like Orlando that is already built around him and makes the playoffs every year, but we'll see.

Didn't stop LeBron from leaving.

I'm not sure Howard has quite the mercenary streak LeBron always had.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don't see Dwight Howard leaving a team like Orlando that is already built around him and makes the playoffs every year, but we'll see.

Didn't stop LeBron from leaving.

I'm not sure Howard has quite the mercenary streak LeBron always had.

and Orlando is a much better place to live than Cleveland.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The way they are looking, they appear to become the first team since the 2001 Lakers to run a perfect postseason. 16-0, here Boston comes - nobody can stand

in their way!

Remember, the NBA uses a 2-2-1-1-1 playoff format. LA clinched the title in Philly, which means it was either in 4 or in 6, and it certainly wasn't in 6. Check your history, boss.

LvZYtbZ.png

in their way!

Remember, the NBA uses a 2-2-1-1-1 playoff format. LA clinched the title in Philly, which means it was either in 4 or in 6, and it certainly wasn't in 6. Check your history, boss.

The NBA uses a 2-3-2 format for the finals, boss.

You were saying...

PvO6ZWJ.png

Just some random thoughts about the weekend's games:

--Glad to see the Hornets win last night. I don't know how long they'll be able to keep it up, but last night's game was sure a good one.

--I'm hoping that Dallas can get their act together and beat Portland, but the momentum is clearly in Portland's favor.

--Dwight Howard needs some more help, and he's going to need it before his contract is up.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

in their way!

Remember, the NBA uses a 2-2-1-1-1 playoff format. LA clinched the title in Philly, which means it was

either in 4 or in 6, and it certainly wasn't in 6. Check your history, boss.

Here you go.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived