2011 NBA Playoffs

Rockstar Matt

If the refs were rigging the game for the Heat, they sure did an awful job, since the Bulls shot more free throws.

Go Heat! Can't wait to see all the Cleveland homers and bandwagon Heat-haters cry.

You of all people shouldn't be dropping the "homer" label on anyone my friend. B)

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was some event taking place in Miami? I'm wondering why there's three full off days between Games 2 and 3 in the Bulls-Heat series....

When a series ends early, both the NBA and NHL are still at the facility's availability. We all know you cannot leave weeks open in the summer if a team MAY make the post-season. Nothing in Miami, but the NBA wants to have as many games over Memorial Day weekend as they can, thus one reason for the string out of the series. The East Finals was supposed to begin on Wednesday, with Game 2 on Friday and Game 3 on Sunday, but Oprah changed the schedule.

Overall the refs just didn't call a good game. There were nearly twice as many fouls in game 2 as there were in game 1.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Overall the refs just didn't call a good game. There were nearly twice as many fouls in game 2 as there were in game 1.

I have no issue with quantity of fouls as long as they call the fouls both ways. I didn't watch the game, so I can't speak as to whether or not that was the case, but in my opinion, just because there were more fouls called overall doesn't really suggest that the officials were worse. Granted, I think the more strictly called games are a lot more difficult to watch than those in which the officials let the players play.

IUe6Hvh.png

Wow, a huge choke occurred in the playoffs during a Mavs game and it WASN'T the Mavs!!! 3-1 series lead for them, after Dirk just took over at the end of regulation.

Lights Out was right; a veteran team would've closed this game out, and obviously the Thunder aren't at that point yet.

WTF? I stopped watching with like 5 minutes left! Wow

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Man, that was a pathetic performance by the Thunder. They clearly aren't ready to be an "elite" team. Kudos to the Mavericks for coming back. Going on a 28-6 run to end the game was impressive. Looks like we'll be seeing a Mavericks-Heat Finals again.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Man, that was a pathetic performance by the Thunder. They clearly aren't ready to be an "elite" team. Kudos to the Mavericks for coming back. Going on a 28-6 run to end the game was impressive. Looks like we'll be seeing a Mavericks-Heat Finals again.

Join the dark side...you know you want to.

newsig.jpg

I honestly thought the game was over midway through the 4th and stopped watching! Big mistake.

Dirk has never deserved the "unclutch" label but something tells me he won't be called that anymore.

I thought the game was over too; for OKC. The difference is that I kept watching in the hope that OKC could somehow still hold on to win. I knew once Dallas got to within five that the Thunder were in serious trouble.

BB52Big.jpg

Owners of Golden State Warriors make "guarantees" concerning 2012-13 2011-12 season.

• THE CLUB will reach the 2012 NBA Playoffs.
  • THE CLUB will have a player participate in the 2012 NBA All-Star Game in Orlando.
  • THE CLUB will win 25 or more home games at Oracle Arena.
  • THE CLUB will honor a Risk-Free Renewal, with a 5% Interest Guarantee Option for the 2011-12 NBA season.
  • If Term 1 is not attained, season ticket prices won't go up for the following season.
  • If Term 2 isn't reached, season ticket holders will get some autographed All-Star stuff and be entered into a contest to win an All-Expenses paid trip to that season's All-Star game in Orlando.
  • If they fail on Term 3, the season ticket holders will get a 2-hour autograph session with the entire team. Term 4 is already guaranteed.

It's not a money-back guarantee like what the Hawks foolishly did back in 2002-03, but it's a pretty bold statement for the club coming from new ownership. Definitely makes the Warriors a team to watch next season (whenever next season may be), just to see if they can come through on the guarantees.

Owners of Golden State Warriors make "guarantees" concerning 2012-13 2011-12 season.

• THE CLUB will reach the 2012 NBA Playoffs.
  • THE CLUB will have a player participate in the 2012 NBA All-Star Game in Orlando.
  • THE CLUB will win 25 or more home games at Oracle Arena.
  • THE CLUB will honor a Risk-Free Renewal, with a 5% Interest Guarantee Option for the 2011-12 NBA season.
  • If Term 1 is not attained, season ticket prices won't go up for the following season.
  • If Term 2 isn't reached, season ticket holders will get some autographed All-Star stuff and be entered into a contest to win an All-Expenses paid trip to that season's All-Star game in Orlando.
  • If they fail on Term 3, the season ticket holders will get a 2-hour autograph session with the entire team. Term 4 is already guaranteed.

It's not a money-back guarantee like what the Hawks foolishly did back in 2002-03, but it's a pretty bold statement for the club coming from new ownership. Definitely makes the Warriors a team to watch next season (whenever next season may be), just to see if they can come through on the guarantees.

It may come off as a little desperate to some, but I like it. At least it says that the ownership wants to win and is willing to put its money where its mouth is.

There are few things more pathetic than a franchise essentially making a bet with their fanbase. Wow.

Why is that pathetic? They are holding themselves accountable for the team's success and I think any team's fanbase would like to see that from the front office.

Archived