2011-12 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

jhans203

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't notice it during the press conference, but I like the detailing on the back of the jersey.

46-41448-1-F.jpg

46-41449-1-F.jpg

I wish the away used a white trim on the numbers instead of silver. Other than that, as a Wizards' fan, I'm quite happy. :)

The new brand identity doesn't focus on the meaning of the team name itself, which is fine with me. That's no different from the Knicks, Lakers, Blazers, Warriors, Clippers, and Pistons.

I'm surprised that they didn't work in the three star motif, preferring instead to have a single, bold star on the shorts instead. Frankly, they could've added three small stars above the NOB, but I'm fine with the use of the swank new monument ball logo instead.

The secondaries are an upgrade, but the 'dc' logo looks like 'clc'. The most annoying thing is the letters in the wizard man logo are uppercase, but the letters on the jerseys are lowercase. I much prefer the jersey be without the stripe.

picturepage_050411.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.

The new brand identity doesn't focus on the meaning of the team name itself, which is fine with me. That's no different from the Knicks, Lakers, Blazers, Warriors, Clippers, and Pistons.

I'm surprised that they didn't work in the three star motif, preferring instead to have a single, bold star on the shorts instead. Frankly, they could've added three small stars above the NOB, but I'm fine with the use of the swank new monument ball logo instead.

They opted to use the one star for it to create a "W" below it on the shorts. Pretty clever.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

The Wizards name has no real meaning. It's a stupid identity. The less they emphasize it, the better.

I've only heard of one Wizard in D.C.

kkk-byrd.jpg

87Redskins.png

picturepage_050411.jpg

That number font works for me. Again, I think the silver trim is a bit out of place, but I guess they needed something that provided some contrast against the color of the jersey *and* the bar.

They opted to use the one star for it to create a "W" below it on the shorts. Pretty clever.

Plus with the 2 stars on the shorts and one on the upper back they get their 3 stars that way. Although I agree I would have liked to see it incorporated more like it is on the DC flag.

123xa2.png

Agreed. I'll be copping those to wear to the gym once they're available.

the silver trim has to go. Now.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The secondaries are an upgrade, but the 'dc' logo looks like 'clc'. The most annoying thing is the letters in the wizard man logo are uppercase, but the letters on the jerseys are lowercase. I much prefer the jersey be without the stripe.

picturepage_050411.jpg

Where do you get those team identity photos from? Do they have one for every team?

Archived