2011-12 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

jhans203

How nice of the Wizards to provide Pantone information to everyone.

edit...already posted. oops.

So much for "proprietary" information

:upside:

Seven teams have their Pantone colors listed either in their media guide or somewhere on their web site. I hope this continues.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So with everyone enjoying the "monument ball" logo, I decided to whip up this "should-be" primary for the Wiz:

wiz-should-have01.png

As to their work, I'm liking what I'm seeing...nice and unique look for them. Now we just need ATL to go faux-back and return to their true color scheme of red-yellow-black.

So with everyone enjoying the "monument ball" logo, I decided to whip up this "should-be" primary for the Wiz:

wiz-should-have.png

As to their work, I'm liking what I'm seeing...nice and unique look for them. Now we just need ATL to go faux-back and return to their true color scheme of red-yellow-black.

That looks great!

How nice of the Wizards to provide Pantone information to everyone.

edit...already posted. oops.

So much for "proprietary" information

:upside:

BWUUUAAHHHHH NOOOO THE PRECIOUS PRECIOUS PANTONE VALUES ARE OUT ALL IS LOST COUNTERFEIT JEANS WILL RUN RAMPANT FOR ALL TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

wiz-should-have01.png

What font did you use to make that great logo?

wiz-should-have01.png

What font did you use to make that great logo?

i just sheared their actual wordmarks...they did a customization of Crillee though if you wanted that info.

There are certainly some flaws with this set, but overall, I think that they absolutely hit a home run here. I am blown away by how much better this turned out than what I was expecting.

Most of my (relatively minor) gripes have already been mentioned, but in order of prominence:

1. The silver number trim. It stands out too much for me, and makes the numbers look like a separate piece that's just slapped on, as opposed to being more integrated in the design. I think that white or navy trim on the white jersey, and white or red trim on the red jersey would have been fine.

2. The font is fine, but just a little too gimicky for me. I'd rather have seen something actually closer to the Capitals font - it's just a little too unnecessarily spikey-serifed... but this is minor.

3. The DC logo looks more like clc rather than dc. Otherwise, it's fantastic.

4. The piping on the sides of the jersey is unnecessary. It's only there to continue onto the shorts, but it's totally unnecessary. It shouldn't be competing with the main striping at all.

5. The shape of the stripe on the back under the neck. It's fine, but I think just keeping it straight may have turned out better. Again, very minor.

There are a lot of good things happening in this set. I never would have imagined that I'd like a red and navy uniform as much as I do this, but there it is. Outstanding job.

Cannot give it an A+ or even an A, but I think that A- is extremely high praise for one of these things.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I love those shorts. I want a pair right now.

The jerseys seem gimmicky, and I could easily see them replaced in a few years. I feel like the Wizards are moving towards a great identity. The monument ball and navy+red switch were done really effectively. I also love the fonts they use. They should play up that modern patriotism style more. I just cant say Im a fan of going back to the Bullets' look. I never liked that look.

8/10 for me

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I got a huge kick out of this article:

Wizards' new uniforms a victory in the War on Teal. Mr. Hruby believes that the Wizards (formerly), Carolina Panthers, and (I think) Thunder use teal (or something "teal-ish"). They all look completely blue to me. Definitely saturated lighter blues, but still blue.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

They look fantastic - both the renders and the actual uniforms. I can look past the old cliche red-white-and-blue scheme for this one, because it's just a damn good identity.

I don't have a problem with the Wizards, Sixers, Patriots etc. using the RWB. It makes sense in those cases.

They should go back to reincarnation of these:

7fgtccodahecqgz4plmnw7hgh.gifhekjftqfjp4hrf7ttwk9ifeee.gif

Archived