2011-12 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

jhans203

...could be worse haha.

All joking aside, I love the home jersey. The road jersey not so much, but the white jersey is beautiful.

(I almost think they could have swapped the top two colors on each jersey and it would've looked real nice (top half would be the same as the dominant jersey color, while the two stripes wouldn't be the dominant jersey color--obviously.)*

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now this is how you design modern throwbacks. Sixers, you should pay attention.

What's wrong with the Sixers design?

The jerseys are okay. But I don't like how they just use their old outdated logo instead of a modernized version of it. Plus, the numbers/script need a border.

I like the (relatively) new Sixers' unis - except for the funky neck collar (both versions). I'm glad that the Wizards showed some restraint on that front.

Adidas has been trying for a while to find a collar as flattering and as innovative as the "Nike neck" seen on the Lakers/Mavs/Heat/Pistons. Adidas' new uniform scheme has reduced the number of horrible necks, so there's that. But still, I'm glad the Wizards went with a more traditional "V."

...could be worse haha.

All joking aside, I love the home jersey. The road jersey not so much, but the white jersey is beautiful.

(I almost think they could have swapped the top two colors on each jersey and it would've looked real nice (top half would be the same as the dominant jersey color, while the two stripes wouldn't be the dominant jersey color--obviously.)*

*Kind of like this sloppy mockup I just made:

wizzz.png

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

After looking at it more closely the one thing that bothers me is that the jersey and shorts are pretty different, looks like they're from 2 different uniform sets.

Still like the new design and definetly thing it's an update.

Also, does this jersey not use the new rev 30 mesh?

I definitely like the new identity. Only nitpicks (other than keeping the "Wizards" name haha) are: the silver number trim (not quite sure if it's the stitching or if it's supposed to have some textured design to it, but it doesn't quite gel with the rest of the jersey IMO) and the placement of the front numbers (going back to the classic Bullets jerseys, I just never like how the front numbers were place over 2 different stripes, the placement just never looked even; at least with the new jerseys, the back number has been "centered").

I think the Wizards made out okay with these. I had the bar set pretty low coming in, but their new gear actually isn't all that bad.

When it comes to NBA "new retro" makeovers, it goes: Sonics (yeah, I know) > Pistons > Wizards > Warriors > 76ers > Jazz

6uXNWAo.png

So what's the official primary logo? Is it the lowercase wizards blue script or is it still the stupid cartoon logo?

Re-Colored logo is still the official primary, but I think the monument ball logo should be the unofficial primary, though thinking about it now, it probably will be the wizards wordmark.

So what's the official primary logo? Is it the lowercase wizards blue script or is it still the stupid cartoon logo?

Cartoon wizard. But you probably won't see it much. Like the Jazz with their recolored mountain primary logo.

:boogie:(dance)

Do the Jazz even have the logo on the court at all? Maybe, smaller one's near the baseline and the key?

90758391980.gif

...could be worse haha.

*Kind of like this sloppy mockup I just made:

wizzz.png

Interesting idea. It looks more like USA soccer this way. But, I prefer the look they went with. This ends up looking like two contrasting horizontal stripes on a solid color jersey, and you lose the homage to the old school Bullets unis.

Cartoon wizard. But you probably won't see it much. Like the Jazz with their recolored mountain primary logo.

Do the Jazz even have the logo on the court at all? Maybe, smaller one's near the baseline and the key?

Nope.

Utah-Jazz-full-court-2010.jpg

Nowhere to be found.

Nope, the only logo featured on the Jazz court is the music note wordmark (in blue), located on center court.

I wouldnt be at all opposed to the Wizards' wordmark being placed on center court, but I assume it will be the monument basketball.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived