2011-12 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

jhans203

So what's the official primary logo? Is it the lowercase wizards blue script or is it still the stupid cartoon logo?

Cartoon wizard. But you probably won't see it much. Like the Jazz with their recolored mountain primary logo.

:boogie:(dance)

Do the Jazz even have the logo on the court at all? Maybe, smaller one's near the baseline and the key?

Nope, the only logo featured on the Jazz court is the music note wordmark (in blue), located on center court.

I wouldnt be at all opposed to the Wizards' wordmark being placed on center court, but I assume it will be the monument basketball.

Yeah I think that's a good idea too, I don't think that would look too bad. To me the monument basketball logo looks more like an alt logo you'd see near the key and baseline. However, I do think they will have the monument logo at midcourt with the dc hand logo as the alt logo on both sides of the court.

90758391980.gif

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd also like to point out I like the numbers.

LOVE everything except keeping the name.

If they haven't done it by now, or earlier, then I think it's never going to happen.

Don't know if this was already mentioned, but I believe this is the first jersey in franchise history to have a city/"location" wordmark.

I also think that these new duds may get some of the older fans back into the team.

But as a huge Wizards fan, I'm not very happy with these. They look very 80's to me. The jerseys don't seem to match up well with the shorts. I don't like the wordmark, dc logo, colors, or numbers. Which is pretty much everything. I'm glad that a lot of people (including non-Wizards fans) seem to like them though. This organization needs respect any way it can get it. I'm sure I'll get used to them, they're my team.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

When it comes to NBA "new retro" makeovers, it goes: Sonics (yeah, I know) > Pistons > Wizards > Warriors > 76ers > Jazz

Yeah, your top two are the ones who used modern throwbacks before modern throwbacks were cool. ^_^

Im lovin the new unis HUGE upgrade

and this guy in red is really lovin his new jersey :P

topstory_670c_051011.jpg

I'll admit...I like these. For an updated design calling back to a retro design, these aren't bad at all. They're not overdone, like a lot of us feared, yet they're not bland, either. They are a call-back to the Bullets days, which I always love when a team moves and/or changes its name (or is the case here).

The "washington" and "wizards" texts both look, at least to me, a lot like the Capitals wordmark. Aren't both teams owned by the same guy (Leonsis)?

By the way: how does "Wizards Navy" compare to ATL's navy? Just by eyeballing it, it looks like the Hawks use a substantially darker blue.

Wikipedia gives Atlanta using a straight navy (0, 35, 102) but that doesn't look right to me; the Wizard's navy Pantone converts to 0, 38, 73.

I'm pretty sure they're both the same pantone value. Might translate differently onto the material because the Hawks use navy for the actual jersey where as the Wizards use it as a horizontal stripe, which is made of different material.

Of course I'm sure someone could give us a better explanation... :)

the stripe that translates from the pants to the jersey bothers me, but I dont think it ruins the overall look enough.

should look GREAT on the court. as someone who was born in 1990, and never really got into watching sports regularly until i was around 10, it's cool to see all of these retro designs popping back up.

I'm pretty sure they're both the same pantone value.

They are, both the navy and red are the same Pantone values for both teams, only difference is the gray/silver that the teams use.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

What I don't get about the no-change rule is that the logos DO change. The Jazz technically did more than merely recolor their logo in both 2004 and 2010. The Wizards changed their logo by rotating it a little and changing the font beneath it. So how much change is no change?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

What I don't get about the no-change rule is that the logos DO change. The Jazz technically did more than merely recolor their logo in both 2004 and 2010. The Wizards changed their logo by rotating it a little and changing the font beneath it. So how much change is no change?

Probably just comes down to a judgment call by some panel who is in charge of that stuff. I'm sure when teams are trying to get away with not paying the fee, they have to meet with some officials to determine whether their new design is "close enough" to the existing logo in structure. Kind of like reviewing patent applications - it doesn't have to be completely identical in structure to the item you're comparing it to in order to consider it to be "the same thing."

Also, not sure if this was pointed out here, but it was mentioned during the presser - the bottoms of the side panels on the shorts are supposed to be W's (outlined by the stars). I'm also glad they don't have a tramp stamp logo or wordmark.

Nice work by the Wiz, I think.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

I love these. The shorts are a little cluttered but that's my only complaint. They did a great job making them look unique despite the common color scheme.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Im lovin the new unis HUGE upgrade

and this guy in red is really lovin his new jersey :P

topstory_670c_051011.jpg

I'll admit...I like these. For an updated design calling back to a retro design, these aren't bad at all. They're not overdone, like a lot of us feared, yet they're not bland, either. They are a call-back to the Bullets days, which I always love when a team moves and/or changes its name (or is the case here).

The "washington" and "wizards" texts both look, at least to me, a lot like the Capitals wordmark. Aren't both teams owned by the same guy (Leonsis)?

Ted Leonsis' management company, Monumental Sports and Entertainment, owns the Caps, Wizards, and Mystics as well as the Verizon Center.

Also, as a hidden element, the Monumental Ball logo has a hint of the MSE logo.

Archived