2011-12 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

jhans203

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might not be. Just my own guess. It could just be the bringing back of the red alternate.

im hoping they bring back the red alt...was such a sweet-looking uni!

also, i was browsing some online adidas catalogs and I came across this in the HWC section:

Oakland-Oaks.png

fyi, its the 68-69 ABA uni that the Warriors would wear hypothetically. I guess they ditched this idea, since Lukas didnt cover it in his article about the set of NBA's ABA unis? Anyone know anything about this?

It might not be. Just my own guess. It could just be the bringing back of the red alternate.

im hoping they bring back the red alt...was such a sweet-looking uni!

also, i was browsing some online adidas catalogs and I came across this in the HWC section:

Oakland-Oaks.png

fyi, its the 68-69 ABA uni that the Warriors would wear hypothetically. I guess they ditched this idea, since Lukas didnt cover it in his article about the set of NBA's ABA unis? Anyone know anything about this?

Were there any other ones in there or just the Oakland Oaks one?

Because when teams try to look stylish, they end up looking like the Miami Marlins. And someone who worked on the uniforms to some extent on these boards (I think Andrew Harrington) has said that the route they went sucks.

and I'm prepared for another one of your typical, "I'm better than everyone else," douchebag responses.

To be fair, it has grown on me quite a bit. I still think the logos are lackluster as far as how they were executed, but the concept and direction behind them is fine, and I do like the uniform quite a bit. The court should be impressive as well. The identity does probably lean toward the Rocawear consumer, though.

When you have the luxury of knowing what could have been, though, then yeah, the new identity sucks. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Oakland-Oaks.png

Were there any other ones in there or just the Oakland Oaks one?

it was a page of all the NBA's ABA unis for this season, and the Oaks one was the only one we havent seen reported yet, so I dont know what happened there...

This or the Pistons are going for a brand new look.

Why do you say that? I think with the uproar they had after ditching RWB the first time for those teal abominations, they'll never switch again. A minor tweak I'm OK with.

sig.png

Any word on when Philly will debut the blue alternates?

According to Adam Aron late March or April.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Why do you say that? I think with the uproar they had after ditching RWB the first time for those teal abominations, they'll never switch again. A minor tweak I'm OK with.

I'm just guessing. But if it's only an alternate addition, why wait that long? Seems rather odd.

I'm just guessing. But if it's only an alternate addition, why wait that long? Seems rather odd.

Don't know- maybe they missed the deadline for next season. It's definately just an alternate though. Read it on their site and a couple Pistons' insiders have said it.

sig.png

Any word on when Philly will debut the blue alternates?

According to Adam Aron late March or April.

Oh no not this again. I hope this isn't the bowling buddy. J/K.

Nah he's the team CEO.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Did the Clippers ever debut those blue alternates?

It turned out the extra jersey that they were bringing on the road trip was the home white jersey.

Also-

Caught part of the Nets-Grizzlies tonight in throwbacks. Really nice looking match-up. While I would normally never recommend non-matching jerseys and shorts in basketball, tonight's yellow jerseys with green shorts actually looked very nice.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Also-

Caught part of the Nets-Grizzlies tonight in throwbacks. Really nice looking match-up. While I would normally never recommend non-matching jerseys and shorts in basketball, tonight's yellow jerseys with green shorts actually looked very nice.

I dunno. I saw the Grizz play in those about a week ago, and I think they looked awful. It was hard for me to take the game seriously because it didn't look like an NBA game. It looked like some rec league.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Also-

I dunno. I saw the Grizz play in those about a week ago, and I think they looked awful. It was hard for me to take the game seriously because it didn't look like an NBA game. It looked like some rec league.

Part of it might have been my really low expectations of the look before I saw it live.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Archived