2011-12 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

jhans203

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/utah-jazzs-guard-pete-maravich-jumps-and-shoots-near-the-news-photo/53032842

Pete Maravich and Ben Poquette - only teammates for 1979-80 Utah Jazz.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/adrian-dantley-of-the-utah-jazz-rebounds-against-kevin-news-photo/96362548

Dantley vs McHale/Parish - 1980-81 (note NBA 35th anniversary patch). - Purple/white

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/tom-mcmillan-of-the-atlanta-hawks-during-a-game-against-the-news-photo/80093876

Jazz in green vs Atlanta in early 80's set, if Atlanta chronology is correct, this must be '81-82.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/darrell-griffith-of-the-utah-jazz-goes-up-for-a-shot-news-photo/99996282

Dr Dunkenstein vs Darren Tillis - Tillis only played 15 games for Boston, all in 82-83.

!B8YMifg!2k~$(KGrHqMOKjkEzJ08J5DBBM22W)O,(g~~_3.JPG

Griffith wore green in the dunk contest, which only returned in '83-84.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/utah-jazz-john-stockton-in-action-vs-denver-nuggets-mike-news-photo/81369688

Pic of Stockton gives firm date of Dec 1984 - purple with yellow wordmark including "Utah". 1984-85 season.

In summary, I think we can more or less prove that the New Orleans Jazz purple jerseys (white "Jazz" wordmark") were kept for the first 2 years in Utah, then brought in the green for 3 years 1981-84, then brought back purple with yellow "Utah Jazz" wordmark which lasted until the late 90s.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see discogod has addressed the error on the mothership on the green jersey's comment section.

One interesting thing seeing the old green and the new greens juxtaposed - I feel the difference between the new dark green and old light green is no more or less drastic than the difference between old purple and current navy.

alstarm.jpg

tonights ticket. was sitting first row behind scoring table for 1st quarter, right in front of Ray Lewis. that was the highlight of the weekend for me

Very cool... why for only the first quarter?

i was a seat filler. wherever there was an empty seat i could sit til the owners came and got it. they dont want to show empty seats on tv. i was court side 1st 2 nights, and during halftime tonight

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

alstarm.jpg

tonights ticket. was sitting first row behind scoring table for 1st quarter, right in front of Ray Lewis. that was the highlight of the weekend for me

i was a seat filler. wherever there was an empty seat i could sit til the owners came and got it. they dont want to show empty seats on tv. i was court side 1st 2 nights, and during halftime tonight

How do you get to become a seat filler?

alstarm.jpg

How do you get to become a seat filler?

as far as i know it was only open to Magic employees and they could sign up a friend for it. knowing a Magic employee and being his friend, i got in :)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

$500 for that close seems really cheap anyways.but awesome man. would love to be a seat filler

I also doubt the seat listed on his ticket is the seat he filled, unless Orlando is going with a really strange numbering system. It seems that that $500 seat would be the one he went back to in a second-level club when his services were no longer needed. (And that does sound awfully high for a second-level seat -- did not know the All-Star Game was Super Bowl level on face value.)

All I was asking was if he had to pay that much to be a seat filler, I guess. My thought was that since he was helping out the team and knew a Magic employee... either way, it was a nice opportunity that you probably couldn't put a price on anyway.

Last night was the one of the worst Slam Dunk Contest and Saturday Night in NBA All-Star history..

Yup dunk contest was horrible. Too many unknown players who choke away in big moment and too many gimmicks.

I don't think there's been a good dunk contest in my sports fan lifetime. Removing the judges and having America vote for the winner was stupid, too.

Were u not a sports fan in 2000, when the best modern dunk contest took place? Best one since MJ/Nique, imo. Pure beauty.

Last night was the one of the worst Slam Dunk Contest and Saturday Night in NBA All-Star history..

Yup dunk contest was horrible. Too many unknown players who choke away in big moment and too many gimmicks.

I don't think there's been a good dunk contest in my sports fan lifetime. Removing the judges and having America vote for the winner was stupid, too.

Were u not a sports fan in 2000, when the best modern dunk contest took place? Best one since MJ/Nique, imo. Pure beauty.

First, I said that, not Bucknut. Second, no. I became a sports fan during the 2003 ALCS.

spacer.png

$500 for that close seems really cheap anyways.but awesome man. would love to be a seat filler

I also doubt the seat listed on his ticket is the seat he filled, unless Orlando is going with a really strange numbering system. It seems that that $500 seat would be the one he went back to in a second-level club when his services were no longer needed. (And that does sound awfully high for a second-level seat -- did not know the All-Star Game was Super Bowl level on face value.)

All I was asking was if he had to pay that much to be a seat filler, I guess. My thought was that since he was helping out the team and knew a Magic employee... either way, it was a nice opportunity that you probably couldn't put a price on anyway.

yea my ticketed seat was my guaranteed seat. i could move anywhere i wanted until seat was filled, then around half time i took the seat on my ticket. i didnt spend a penny this weekend. parked at Citrus Bowl and rode bus to Amway for free. got into the seat filler program for free. got $15 worth of food each day for free. honeslty, you couldnt buy the experience i had. flash your wrist band and go wherever you want in the lower sections

the terrace level (first group off the floor) went for $500 friday and saturday but were $750 for allstar game. the promenade level (nose bleeds) were $500 day of allstar.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

Archived