2011-12 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

jhans203

Because when teams try to look stylish, they end up looking like the Miami Marlins. And someone who worked on the uniforms to some extent on these boards (I think Andrew Harrington) has said that the route they went sucks.

and I'm prepared for another one of your typical, "I'm better than everyone else," douchebag responses.

The Marlins new black hat is a huge success. I believe if you go to New Era's website, that is the only MLB hat that is on back-order. I'd say they did a great job. Plus, just because an extremely successful fashion designer and artist is helping design his team's new look does not mean they will be "stylish". It almost feels like you are prejudging Jay-Z. That prejudging has distrubing undertones.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering how successful Rocawear is, I'd say Jay-Z knows something about design that appeals to the majority... just saying.

Maybe it will be a disaster, but we can't judge that until the uniform is revealed.

Yeah, he's a fashion genius.

3252519520_cf003a25f4.jpg

He'll probably make the whole team wear Kurt Rambis glasses.

87Redskins.png

To me it's just doesn't feel right when the Celtics use their alternates for a home game against the Lakers. It's the biggest rivalry in the league and I think that the classic uniforms are the most suitable.

i thought the same as I watched that game...a travesty indeed. when done right, that match-up is one of the nicest-looking ones in the NBA.

Because when teams try to look stylish, they end up looking like the Miami Marlins. And someone who worked on the uniforms to some extent on these boards (I think Andrew Harrington) has said that the route they went sucks.

and I'm prepared for another one of your typical, "I'm better than everyone else," douchebag responses.

The Marlins new black hat is a huge success. I believe if you go to New Era's website, that is the only MLB hat that is on back-order. I'd say they did a great job. Plus, just because an extremely successful fashion designer and artist is helping design his team's new look does not mean they will be "stylish". It almost feels like you are prejudging Jay-Z. That prejudging has distrubing undertones.

The Marlins' new look may be a best-seller and therefore financially successful, but that does not make it good design. The Sabres' Buffaslug jersey was a top-selling jersey in its debut season, and it was an awful design that lasted 4 seasons too many.

Yes, please explain how the co-founder of a $700 million clothing company knows nothing about style.

If you think Rocawear is a fashionable clothing company, then I am wasting my time responding to this. Rocawear goes along the same lines as Ecko, Fubu and Southpole as the stuff the kids who wanted to be black would wear in my 10th grade biology class. sales =/= quality

mav23.gif

Yes, please explain how the co-founder of a $700 million clothing company knows nothing about style.

If you think Rocawear is a fashionable clothing company, then I am wasting my time responding to this. Rocawear goes along the same lines as Ecko, Fubu and Southpole as the stuff the kids who wanted to be black would wear in my 10th grade biology class. sales =/= quality

Ok, but what about people that ARE NOT white? Maybe non-white people like those clothing lines. Does everything Ralph Lauren make look perfect? No. All clothing companies have their hits and misses. Just because you don't like non-white clothing (every one you mentioned is a predominately African American clothing line) doesn't mean it is bad. If find your ideology to be very offensive, pittfan11.

Ok, but about people that ARE NOT white? Maybe non-white people like those clothing lines. Does everything Ralph Lauren make look perfect? No. All clothing companies have their hits and misses. Just because you don't like non-white clothing (every one you mentioned is a predominately African American clothing line) doesn't mean it is bad. If find your ideology to be very offensive, pittfan11.

It's not that off.

I find the NBA offensive. They do nothing to appeal to me. They have a whole :censored:ing month of that stupid spanish language jersey nights and promote alot to the black community. I really don't care either way, the NBA hasn't been interesting to me for over a decade. Just stating facts. Hockey is more of a sport that promotes to the white community.

The way she goes boys. The :censored:in way she goes.

Edit: FWIW, I like Jay Z's style.

A Yankee hat always makes an outfit look good. (minus the Rosaries which I'm not a fan of being worn like jewelery)

jay-z-yankees.jpg

2ly2w09.jpg

Jigga man built his career on biting styles and jocking trends so whatever the new revamp Nets uni/logo will be, I can guarantee it will be a ripoff hyped as "fresh" and "new".

Also, about the "rocawear is 700M $ company - how is he not style savy" comments, which are beyond ridiculous, because if that's the merit then Coca Cola is the finest beverage on this planet and we should all drink it gallons daily because 30000000 zillion dollars in sales mean something and - who are we to know better?

Amirite bro?

:/

Not a big fan of Denver's throwbacks, but Indiana's are gorgeous. That royal blue and gold is beautiful together.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Pistons have submitted an alternate uniform to the NBA for approval for 2013-14. Probably a Hardwood classic.

Kinda weird they didn't submit it for next season if it is a Hardwood Classic.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived