2011-12 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

jhans203

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird moment during All-Star Saturday.

Anthony Morrow of the Nets was in the 3 Point Shootout, but he wore a Drazen Petrovic jersey top with his New York Nets throwback shorts. The Petrovic jersey even had the Foot Locker 3-Point Shootout logo patch, too. :blink:

Morrow probably just wanted to honor Petrovic, and the NBA probably didn't want to lose the money that they would've gotten had Morrow worn his regular jersey.

spacer.png

Malone never wore that green did he? I was hoping for a dr dunkenstein darrell Griffith throwback...his slam dunk contests were the only reason I knew Utah greens existed

His rookie year was 1985. The Jazz stopped wearing the greens in 1984, according to the mothership.

spacer.png

Im sorry if I've missed these but what was with the rockets players jerseys tonight

I only saw the Dunk Contest - I assume you mean the uniform Budinger was wearing tonight? That's Houston's alternate, has been for I want to say two seasons (?). In my humble opinion, the Rockets need to make a matching white version of that uniform and make a full-time set out of it. Great uniform that pays a sharp homage to team history while maintaining its own modern design, and Houston can take a hold of the red/yellow scheme in the NBA again.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

not sure where i needed to put this but ive been at the All Star stuff both days so far. the advertising pieces that Adidas have done is top notch! also, the ticket design is some of the best ive ever seen. spot UVs, metallic foils, embossing, just sweet stuff. ill post tomorrows ticket when i can

425466_2610612635897_1572436130_31806571_2117500405_n.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Last night was the one of the worst Slam Dunk Contest and Saturday Night in NBA All-Star history..

I didn't even watch it, it just sounded so much more horrid than normal

http://whosbestnbateam.blogspot.com/

On the hill we view the silence of the valley, Called to witness cycles only of the past, And we reach all this with movements in between the said remark

Close to the edge, down by the river, Down at the end, round by the corner

Seasons will pass you by, Now that it's all over and done, called to the seed, right to the sun, Now that you find now that you're whole

Seasons will pass you by, I get up, I get down -Yes

Im sorry if I've missed these but what was with the rockets players jerseys tonight

I only saw the Dunk Contest - I assume you mean the uniform Budinger was wearing tonight? That's Houston's alternate, has been for I want to say two seasons (?). In my humble opinion, the Rockets need to make a matching white version of that uniform and make a full-time set out of it. Great uniform that pays a sharp homage to team history while maintaining its own modern design, and Houston can take a hold of the red/yellow scheme in the NBA again.

Yes, that absolutely needs to become their uniform. Words cannot describe how beautiful that is.

Last night was the one of the worst Slam Dunk Contest and Saturday Night in NBA All-Star history..

Yup dunk contest was horrible. Too many unknown players who choke away in big moment and too many gimmicks.

I don't think there's been a good dunk contest in my sports fan lifetime. Removing the judges and having America vote for the winner was stupid, too.

spacer.png

Yes, that absolutely needs to become their uniform. Words cannot describe how beautiful that is.

Yup dunk contest was horrible. Too many unknown players who choke away in big moment and too many gimmicks.

I don't think there's been a good dunk contest in my sports fan lifetime. Removing the judges and having America vote for the winner was stupid, too.

Yup...and doing something "incredible" (which means that you wouldn't even make the contest back in the 80s) gets you a win, like jumping over a car. That by no means was a "good" dunk

http://whosbestnbateam.blogspot.com/

On the hill we view the silence of the valley, Called to witness cycles only of the past, And we reach all this with movements in between the said remark

Close to the edge, down by the river, Down at the end, round by the corner

Seasons will pass you by, Now that it's all over and done, called to the seed, right to the sun, Now that you find now that you're whole

Seasons will pass you by, I get up, I get down -Yes

Malone never wore that green did he? I was hoping for a dr dunkenstein darrell Griffith throwback...his slam dunk contests were the only reason I knew Utah greens existed

His rookie year was 1985. The Jazz stopped wearing the greens in 1984, according to the mothership.

Actually, he did in his rookie season. This was from the Jazz/Pistons game held at the Salt Palace on St. Patrick's Day 1986. I think they just wore it because it was green even though they stopped wearing the greens full-time in 1984. [sidenote: It's color vs. color as well]

karl-green.jpg

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Actually, he did in his rookie season. This was from the Jazz/Pistons game held at the Salt Palace on St. Patrick's Day 1986. I think they just wore it because it was green even though they stopped wearing the greens full-time in 1984. [sidenote: It's color vs. color as well]

karl-green.jpg

Great find! So it lived on as a "St Patrick's Day alternate" for a year or two. I can now endorse Evans as the champ - I voted for Budinger instead because of that.

The contest wasn't that bad last night. Its nadir was the early 2000's when they brought out that wheel, etc. But there have been plenty of good ones the past few years with Gerald Green, Dwight Howard, Nate Robinson, Blake. We need the stars to take part but also need the no-names...maybe the greatest dunk in contest history was by Terence Stansbury...when we emphasize stars we get Kobe unfairly winning over Darvin Ham, Michael Finley, etc.

By the way, I'm pretty sure the Jazz still had purple their first couple of years in Utah, the mothership lists green as 1979-84, which isn't right...this could use some tweaking to better document the early 80's and the 1986 St Patrick's Day usage.

Archived