2011-12 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

jhans203

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a fan of colour vs. colour but yellow against orange (PHX @LAL) is just wrong and it would be never allowed in any serious association football game.

You mean NBA?

I actually don't mind the orange versus yellow - I'm pretty sure that matchup even happened in the 2010 PLAYOFFS, and no one minded. It was pretty easy to tell them apart, and at least it was vibrant and festive.

The worst NBA game I've seen contrast-wise was last season's Bucks vs. Knicks matchup.

story_xlimage_2011_02_r352_knicks_carmelo_anthony_msg_debut_vs_bucks.jpg

It looked even worse on TV, in the dim lighting of MSG.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I was speaking from a European perspective, where football is the most popular game. And NBA is the only American league that I follow.

I guess the difference is that in football the field is much larger so the players appear smaller, thus it is more difficult to tell them apart. It does not pose such a big problem in basketball but I wonder if the fans sitting close to the roof in Staples had some difficulties watching the game.

I don't think the Cavs' "CavFanatic" jerseys this year are the new style either. They don't have the dazzle fabric used for those all-black Miami uniforms, but they don't have the Y-shaped breathable mesh matrix of the new Adidas jerseys either:

cavfanatic-2.jpg

Seemed like those got a pretty negative review around here, I actually think they look pretty good though.

90758391980.gif

haha yeah i meant Kobe, i guess his is just really baggy compared to most. Also i apologize, i don't have hd tv.

and that's weird that the heat just got those and use the old design..but i remember there were pictures of the players in them last year, so perhaps they've had them for a while and just recently decided to use them....??? probably not, but never ever say never ever

Marv Albert just said on TNT that "the Blazers are wearing their throwback 'rip city' jerseys that they wore when they won the championship in 1977."

I'm not sure there's ever been a uni detail reported on TV that has been so wrong.

thisisnotapelusomic.jpg

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

I don't think the Cavs' "CavFanatic" jerseys this year are the new style either. They don't have the dazzle fabric used for those all-black Miami uniforms, but they don't have the Y-shaped breathable mesh matrix of the new Adidas jerseys either:

cavfanatic-2.jpg

It looks like the Cav player is releasing a vile fart, and the Knick is getting a noseful of it.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

cavfanatic-2.jpg

Are those technically CavFanatic unis, or are they just alternates? I thought CavFanatic unis were supposed to mix and match eras and colors - it seems like these navy unis are CURRENT identity and CURRENT colors. Does anyone know?

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

cavfanatic-2.jpg

Are those technically CavFanatic unis, or are they just alternates? I thought CavFanatic unis were supposed to mix and match eras and colors - it seems like these navy unis are CURRENT identity and CURRENT colors. Does anyone know?

FWIW, in NBA 2K12 they have those jerseys listed as "CavFanatic".

spacer.png

cavfanatic-2.jpg

Seemed like those got a pretty negative review around here, I actually think they look pretty good though.

I think initially the 2K rendering posted here made the blue look a lot brighter and uniforms look pretty bad. But the actual darker blue used looks awesome, especially in person. I actually tried to buy one a few weeks ago and the girl at the store said the Kyrie Canfantic sold out in an hour...sucks.

As far as becoming a regular alternate, I think they would be better off with a gold alternate next year with "Cleveland" on the front. But keep this years CavFanatic as a template for next year. Just maybe try black with light blue and orange trim, tying into the 90s colors again.

Those are definitely this year's CavFanatic jerseys and not run-of-the-mill alternates. Every game they've been worn was promoted locally as a CavFanatic night.

Now could those (or something close to it) become a year-round alternate next year? Quite possibly.

They are CavFanatic jerseys. It's a sort of hybrid of their current identity with their previous blue alternate jersey, to answer the question above. The alternate next year will not be this jersey. The CavFanatic jersey next year (the one I've seen, at least) is too wild to be described in words, but we'll see if that really happens.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Sixers CEO tweeted that the alternate blue jersey is now likely next season. Original word was March or April. Not sure what exactly makes them decide to hold off.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived