CCSLC Community NFL Mock Draft

Gary

How is this a joke?

the Nevada QB pick is totally unrealistic and just ruined the entire draft.

If someone had picked Tyson Alualu in one of these last year, we would be saying the same thing.

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is this a joke?

Not really. I have no doubt that there's an NFL team out there who will make an equally silly pick. Hell, if anything, his pick made it more realistic. Think of it as this year's Tebow going in the first round. Did anyone have him going in the first round last season?

BB52Big.jpg

At least there was some justification for Tebow going in the first round. He had an impressive college career and tweaked his throwing motion to make it more suitable for the NFL, while still impressing scouts. Kaepernick's claims to fame are beating Boise State once (and not even on the Blue), and being 6'4".

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Denver is listening to offers for both Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

For Comparison

Tyson Alualu

Tackles 38

Sacks 3.5

Forced fumbles 0

Gerald McCoy

Tackles 28

Sacks 3.0

Forced Fumbles 2

Justification much

Wow really? That's actually a solid year from Alualu.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

What? Do you want me to go against my honest opinion and pick Jake Locker or some lineman?

I mean, hey, Jahgee picked Cam Newton. I thought that was an awful pick. I thought that Fitzpatrick was a good, solid quarterback. But you didn't see me moaning about it right after he picked Newton (well, I did make a humorous comment because I was planning on picking Newton), but I didn't criticize his choice or say that hey "ruined the entire draft".

25yzwqg.png

Hmmm... it looks like Alualu's better than I thought. At the time, though, he was considered a reach.

Also, AnythingChicago: Jaghee didn't ruin the draft, because he picked a consensus top-3 player. You picked a middling QB that would be lucky to go in the second or third round with the 8th overall pick.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

What? Do you want me to go against my honest opinion and pick Jake Locker or some lineman?

I mean, hey, Jahgee picked Cam Newton. I thought that was an awful pick. I thought that Fitzpatrick was a good, solid quarterback. But you didn't see me moaning about it right after he picked Newton (well, I did make a humorous comment because I was planning on picking Newton), but I didn't criticize his choice or say that hey "ruined the entire draft".

When the projected 1st overall pick starts falling, you gotta snatch him up, besides, I'm trading Fitzpatrick for the best offer.

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

He could have easily grabbed Kaepernick next round though. and Locker, Mallett, Dalton, and Ponder are still on the board. I can all but guarantee you that Kaepernick will not be the go before 2 or 3 of these let alone round 1. Tim Tebow could be justified.

It's perfectly fine with me. I'm not really complaining. I just think it won't happen. But let us continue :)

When the projected 1st overall pick starts falling, you gotta snatch him up, besides, I'm trading Fitzpatrick for the best offer.

Just 'cuz he's there doesn't mean you gotta "snatch" him. Fitzpatrick will have a better career than Newton, IMO. But, again, it's your opinion. I will respect that.

25yzwqg.png

Little bit of an update

1. Carolina Panthers( dwertman) Blaine Gabbert, Quarterback, Missouri

2. Denver Broncos(nash61) Nick Fairley, Defensive Tackle, Auburn

3. Buffalo Bills(Jahgee) Cam Newton, Quarterback, Auburn

4. Cincinnati Bengals(fnz)- A.J Green, Wide Receiver, Georgia

5. Arizona Cardinals(AJM) Von Miller, Line Backer, Texas A&M

6. Houston Texans(NEW.ERA) (from Cleveland)(Infared41) - Patrick Peterson, Cornerback, LSU

7. San Francisco 49ers(ninersdd) - Prince Amukamara, Cornerback, Nebraska

8. Tennessee Titans(AnythingChicago) - Colin Kaepernick, Quarterback, Nevada

9. Dallas Cowboys(Billy B.)

10. Washington Redskins(tj4eck)

11. Cleveland Browns(Infered41) (from Houston)(NEW.ERA)

12. Minnesota Vikings(Dorshak)

13. Detroit Lions(Gary.)

14. St. Louis Rams(rams80)

15. Miami Dolphins(NJTank)

16. Jacksonville Jaguars(Island_Style)

17. New England Patriots(From Oakland)(DDR)

18. San Diego Chargers(Lights Out)

19. New York Giants(anythinglogos)

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

21. Kansas City Chiefs(dwertman)

22. Indianapolis Colts(chuckymack)

23. Philadelphia Eagles(BigEd76)

24. New Orleans Saints

25. Seattle Seahawks(Brendan)

26. Baltimore Ravens(DC_Doubt)

27. Atlanta Falcons(The Fixer)

28. New England Patriots(DDR)

29. Chicago Bears(Kevin W.)

30. New York Jets(The_Cuj)

31. Pittsburgh Steelers

32. Green Bay Packers(NEW.ERA)

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

He could have easily grabbed Kaepernick next round though. and Locker, Mallett, Dalton, and Ponder are still on the board. I can all but guarantee you that Kaepernick will not be the go before 2 or 3 of these let alone round 1. Tim Tebow could be justified.

It's perfectly fine with me. I'm not really complaining. I just think it won't happen. But let us continue :)

Not necessarily. Although in most official mock drafts there are not many QBs going in the first round, fans tend to be more QB hungry (we are all fans).

Yes, I probably could have traded down. I should have thought that through. There, are you all happy? I just admitted I was wrong about something. Now you all (The Fixer, Lights Out {I want to kill you right now, LO [although I don't mean that literally. Death penalty is awful]}) can get off my case.

25yzwqg.png

Little bit of an update

1. Carolina Panthers( dwertman) Blaine Gabbert, Quarterback, Missouri

2. Denver Broncos(nash61) Nick Fairley, Defensive Tackle, Auburn

3. Buffalo Bills(Jahgee) Cam Newton, Quarterback, Auburn

4. Cincinnati Bengals(fnz)- A.J Green, Wide Receiver, Georgia

5. Arizona Cardinals(AJM) Von Miller, Line Backer, Texas A&M

6. Houston Texans(NEW.ERA) (from Cleveland)(Infared41) - Patrick Peterson, Cornerback, LSU

7. San Francisco 49ers(ninersdd) - Prince Amukamara, Cornerback, Nebraska

8. Tennessee Titans(AnythingChicago) - Colin Kaepernick, Quarterback, Nevada

9. Dallas Cowboys(Billy B.)

10. Washington Redskins(tj4eck)

11. Cleveland Browns(Infered41) (from Houston)(NEW.ERA)

12. Minnesota Vikings(Dorshak)

13. Detroit Lions(Gary.)

14. St. Louis Rams(rams80)

15. Miami Dolphins(NJTank)

16. Jacksonville Jaguars(Island_Style)

17. New England Patriots(From Oakland)(DDR)

18. San Diego Chargers(Lights Out)

19. New York Giants(anythinglogos)

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

21. Kansas City Chiefs(dwertman)

22. Indianapolis Colts(chuckymack)

23. Philadelphia Eagles(BigEd76)

24. New Orleans Saints

25. Seattle Seahawks(Brendan)

26. Baltimore Ravens(DC_Doubt)

27. Atlanta Falcons(The Fixer)

28. New England Patriots(DDR)

29. Chicago Bears(Kevin W.)

30. New York Jets(The_Cuj)

31. Pittsburgh Steelers

32. Green Bay Packers(NEW.ERA)

You bolded the Bucs and Steelers with no usernames next to them.

25yzwqg.png

There has been a trade: St. Louis gives Dallas their 1st and 3rd for Dallas' first.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Just 'cuz he's there doesn't mean you gotta "snatch" him. Fitzpatrick will have a better career than Newton, IMO. But, again, it's your opinion. I will respect that.

Chan Gailey's offense requires mobility to be sucessful

Tale of the Tape

Ryan Fitzpatrick - 4.86 40 yard dash

Cam Newton - 4.59 40 yard dash

And is there any doubt that Newton has a stronger arm, which will help in Buffalo's windy stadium

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

Archived