Slight Redskins Helmet Change?

Sec19Row53

I just saw the Redskins helmet phone as ESPN was going to commercial break. The stripes on the helmet were white-yellow-white, without the burgundy stripes in between the white and yellow. For those who used to have them from long ago, it looked like how their gumball helmet used to be made.

Has anyone heard anything about this, or is it just a mistake?

It's where I sit.

I'm worried about the Redskins black draft hat.

You should be.

No. god no. NO. PLEASE NO. JOHNNY. NO. NO NO NO.

I'm sorry, man. But you still get to enjoy the 2011 uni's.

I actually don't believe you though. You know why? Because Bruce Allen (GM) is pretty much in charge of uniforms (he brought back the gold) and he is a traditionalist. His dad was coach back in the day. He would never bring in black. You're bluffing!

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I'm worried about the Redskins black draft hat.

You should be.

No. god no. NO. PLEASE NO. JOHNNY. NO. NO NO NO.

I'm sorry, man. But you still get to enjoy the 2011 uni's.

I actually don't believe you though. You know why? Because Bruce Allen (GM) is pretty much in charge of uniforms (he brought back the gold) and he is a traditionalist. His dad was coach back in the day. He would never bring in black. You're bluffing!

Ask me again in February. ^_^

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

To be fair, the 'Skins use about as much black in their logo as they do burgundy.

washington_redskins_logo-165.jpg

And...that's actually a different color than the Burgundy in their uniforms. There isn't any "Burgundy" in their primary logo.

WashingtonRedskins_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

I normally like a black out, but not for the skins. They needs to stay with burgundy on gold.

Don't agree.

I really liked their plum/claret color uniform set they wore during their 70th anniversary season based on the '65-'69 uniforms .

That was one of the 5 finest throwback uniform sets I've ever seen, and the gray mask looks superb with that shade of plum/claret.

redskins2_display_image.jpg

We've heard for years how Snyder wanted a black alt for the Skins, and for whatever reason they just either never got made, or never saw the field. It shouldn't be the least bit surprising to anyone that they may be planning on busting one out either this season or next (with Nike.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I normally like a black out, but not for the skins. They needs to stay with burgundy on gold.

Don't agree.

I really liked their plum/claret color uniform set they wore during their 70th anniversary season based on the '65-'69 uniforms .

That was one of the 5 finest throwback uniform sets I've ever seen, and the gray mask looks superb with that shade of plum/claret.

redskins2_display_image.jpg

I agree, those are great. I'm a fan of the current colors however (5 SB's in them). /threadjack The link in my sig exemplifies that.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Archived