Fans to Design ArenaBowl XXIV Logo

TBGKon

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*** The PAGE kept changing on me so..................

Fans to Design ArenaBowl XXIV Logo

AFL Communications

04/29/2011 12:19 PM

TULSA, OKLA. ? The Arena Football League is taking its ?total entertainment and interactive experience for fans? motto to the next level. Now, the League is giving fans a unique opportunity to design the ArenaBowl XXIV logo.?Our game prides itself on fan interaction. Whether it?s catching a ball in the stands or rubbing shoulders with players after games, we strive for the utmost fan involvement. That is our goal and has been our goal since the League?s beginning. This is a tremendous opportunity to give back to our fans and display their creativity,? AFL Commissioner Jerry B. Kurz said.Fans can submit entries to contest@arenafootball.comuntil May 8, 2011. AFL Communications will select finalists and fans can choose a winner on ArenaFootball.com and the official AFL Facebook page. The winning design will be unveiled during the Tulsa Talons vs. New Orleans VooDoo matchup on NFL Network on Friday, May 13, 2011.The winner will receive a pair of ArenaBowl XXIV tickets, an official ArenaBowl XXIV football with their logo engraved and entry to the AFL Award Banquet prior to ArenaBowl XXIV.ArenaBowl XXIV is set for August 12, 2011. Rules and regulations can be found on ArenaFootball.com. HOW TO ENTER OR PARTICIPATE:One (1) submission per individual. Design must be on a white background, which is capable of measuring 685 pixels by 360 pixels. Image format must be sent as a .jpeg or .png. All entries must be turned into contest@arenafootball.comwith name, valid email address, mailing address and age.ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS:Submissions will be reviewed regardless of location, sex or age.ENTRY DEADLINE DATES:All entries must be submitted by May 8, 2011 to be considered.PRIZES:Two (2) ArenaBowl XXIV tickets; One (1) official AFL game football with winning design engraved; Two (2) AFL Award Banquet Tickets prior to ArenaBowl XXIV).AWARD DATES:Winning entry will be announced on Friday, May 13, 2011 on NFL Network.PRIZE VALUE:Face value of tickets.SELECTION OF WINNERS:All valid submissions will be reviewed following deadline (5/8/11). AFL Communications will select finalist. All finalists will be placed on ArenaFootball.com and the Arena Football League?s Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Arena-Football-League/8649266837?ref=ts) on Monday, May 9, 2011 and voted upon by fans. The deadline to vote is Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 9:00 a.m. EST.TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURES:AFL Communications will receive deciding vote in a tie-breaking scenario.*Upon submission, all rights to the design will be relinquished.

There's going to be a :censored:storm over this, both here and elsewhere. And there should be.

It's one thing for a guy like me, who runs a flag football league as part of a non-profit organization and has annual income of about $10K (and annual expenses that exceed that) to ask for folks to help. It's quite another for a professional football league that took in a reported $ 30 MILLION in franchise fees alone to do it.

nav-logo.png

so all we get are 2 tickets to the Arena Bowl, a Football with the winning logo engraved and 2 tickets to the Award Show? No cash?

And Texan whoa there buddy scale back your sig WAY TOO BIG

Spec work sucks. I don't buy the whole "exposure" deal. I guess the only thing one would hope for is if this worked and was someone good, that it'd league to more regular work with the league in the future. Because as been stated already, they clearly need the help.

But on the flip side, if you're spending hours doing concepts anyway...might be worth submitting something figuring that at least your concept gets used for something even if they're not paying up. And I'd have to believe that with press releases and such, that it'd lead to other work with other leagues (hopefully they'd actually pay and not stiff you though.)

Super lame that they won't even fly you to the game and put you up though. I just re-read.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Personally I'd love to do thisas my dream was to design a super bowl logo and that's dead now. So another championship logo would be awesome.

Professionally however I will pass cause I'm against spec and I hope the only submissions they get are from 12 year olds with crayons or Microsoft wordart. No body that has the ability to design a respectable logo should enter this. They have at least a few grand they could pay a firm or a designer....

Well, not being a designer its easy for me to say, I hope someone here goes in on this and knocks it out of the park.for inspiration, I'd use last year's champions colors and maybe theme it off whomever is the top team eright now this season. That's just me tho.

The logos are all pretty good. Number 2 is the only one that doesn't look like it was COMPLETELY borrowed from an older Super Bowl logo though. There is one of the other considered logos at bottom right that looked pretty good too. The rest look horrible. And one looks like a kid designed it with crayons

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

They fact they put up a logo that directly steals elements from the Super Bowl XXXIV logo is pathetic....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I didn't see the Stanley Cup connotation since that's the AFL Trophy, but I did when I looked again. But #1 is a rip off of Super Bowl 26 and the Iron Bowl (Alabama vs Auburn, not UAFL)logo jammed together.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I didn't see the Stanley Cup connotation since that's the AFL Trophy, but I did when I looked again. But #1 is a rip off of Super Bowl 26 and the Iron Bowl (Alabama vs Auburn, not UAFL)logo jammed together.

I see similarities to the SB XXVI Logo, but I wouldn't call it a "rip off" - and the only similarity to the Iron Bowl logo is that it's an upright football. There aren't TOO many ways to depict a football. The only one I see that I would consider a "rip off" of a logo is the 4th one. I don't see any similarities between the 3rd logo and any SB logos.

gYH2mW9.png

I see similarities to the SB XXVI Logo, but I wouldn't call it a "rip off" - and the only similarity to the Iron Bowl logo is that it's an upright football. There aren't TOO many ways to depict a football. The only one I see that I would consider a "rip off" of a logo is the 4th one. I don't see any similarities between the 3rd logo and any SB logos.

The "XXIV" in the logo is exactly ripped from the Super Bowl XXXIV logo

2348.giftjmo.jpg

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived