OKC Thunder Logo Attempt

TulsaMan91

This reminds me a lot of a previous concept someone did about a year back, that combined a buffalo with a thunder could.

Makes me wonder why there is an association with buffalo. A thunderous stampede, perhaps?

For as refined as the wordmark is the buffalo looks like a Rorschach ink blot.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'd refine the buffalo a lot more. Make the lines cleaner, to fit with the very clean, smooth wordmark. I'd also make the buffalo's head wider, so the logo isn't so vertical.

Interested to see where you go in terms of coloring this logo, because god knows the Thunder have way too many colors to choose from right now.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Thanks for all the comments; I made the face thicker and worked on a new eye. I chose to go with a red and orange as the colors to play off of the states big universities, OU and OSU. I know the script isn?t really the best pick but it will work for now. More C&C is welcome, Thanks!

OKC4.jpg

Thunder.gif

Alright, some actual suggestions:

Youve gotta sharpen the lines. The rounded lines really dont give off any movement. As stated earlier, it looks like an ink blot. Also, define the features more. The nose and eyes look like splashes on top of the orange. Give them defined lines and they will really form the shapes you want. Look at reference pictures of buffaloes, and then exaggerate it. Thats my biggest suggestion. You see a sharp angle forming around an area, put that sort of thing in your logo. Also, I'm not a big fan of the newer colors. I would go with a Blue-Orange combo

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I see what you're trying to do, Very similar to Marshall University's nickname "The Thundering Herd".

The logo needs quite a bit of fine tuning. Try making more clear lines, because right now if i didn't know it was a buffalo it would take me a while to figure out what it's supposed to be.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Archived