2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And let's all agree that Player B, who wasn't invited, has the worst stats of the 3

Yeah but he also missed two games due to an injury and split carries with two other backs.

So why should a part time player be nominated for Heisman?

Because he plays for oft-slighted and forgotten Oregon. REMEMBER JOEY HARRINGTON! AVENGE THE PIANOMAN!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Let the fat jokes resume in Lawrence!

Well, Baron Harkonnen was smarter than Jabba the Hutt.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Just heard that Texas A&M is about to hire a new coach. The name of this coach (according to various sources)... Mark Richt. :shocked:

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Just heard that Texas A&M is about to hire a new coach. The name of this coach (according to various sources)... Mark Richt. :shocked:

Stop reading TexAgs.com

Today, we are all otaku.

While a downgrade, I wouldn't blame Richt much for doing it. He has been treated pretty badly by the Georgia fanbase and those within the program for the past few years. Every UGA fan I know wanted his ass gone after the first 4 games of the season...said some horrible things about him. A couple of weeks ago...he was the best coach in the nation because he fought back.

I've never understood it. I've always liked the guy and how he motivates his players.

While a downgrade, I wouldn't blame Richt much for doing it. He has been treated pretty badly by the Georgia fanbase and those within the program for the past few years. Every UGA fan I know wanted his ass gone after the first 4 games of the season...said some horrible things about him. A couple of weeks ago...he was the best coach in the nation because he fought back.

I've never understood it. I've always liked the guy and how he motivates his players.

It's not "treating him badly"....it's being honest.

Considering the talent Georgia annually recruits, they have no business losing to Colorado, Central Florida, and Boise State....ever. Am I wrong in that assessment?

I've relaxed my stance on firing Richt based on that Georgia did manage to get to the SEC Championship (even if they did benefit from having about as easy a conference schedule as you can get....Georgia did win all the games they were supposed to win, which is all I ask for) and Georgia also beat all the rivals that matter (Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, Georgia Tech). Getting blown out by LSU is allowable since they're so damn good this season.

So you go to the school that just fired their coach in a recruit's driveway on a recruiting trip...and he goes in to find out the recruit's family already knew. Yeah that's exactly the kind of situation I want to go to.

Today, we are all otaku.

So you go to the school that just fired their coach in a recruit's driveway on a recruiting trip...and he goes in to find out the recruit's family already knew. Yeah that's exactly the kind of situation I want to go to.

My comments had nothing to do with that. I'm talking about Mark Richt's situation with Georgia and the availability of another job.

It's not "treating him badly"....it's being honest.

Considering the talent Georgia annually recruits, they have no business losing to Colorado, Central Florida, and Boise State....ever. Am I wrong in that assessment?

Not wrong to expect success...but a lot of teams recruit well and don't have great seasons every year (Cal, FSU, UCLA, Tennessee, Notre Dame, etc). Sometimes things don't pan out and recruiting rankings don't always produce on the field. Obviously, the easy thing to do is to blame the head coach for that failure to transition- but it really is a lot of other factors, some that can't be helped. If they could be figured out to a science, then everyone would be winners.

I guess being a Carolina fan, I've learned to endure a lot over time.

My comments had nothing to do with that. I'm talking about Mark Richt's situation with Georgia and the availability of another job.

And I'm saying A&M sounds like a worse situation than Georgia.

Today, we are all otaku.

Yeah, losing to the then-#5 team in the nation is a total embarrassment. :rolleyes:

It's an embarrassment when the totality of Georgia's talent is better than those of Boise State, Colorado, and Central Florida...yet the team managed to lose to all these teams, and in ways where talent alone should have gotten the team by. It's an embarrassment that these top-10 recruiting classes have netted 8-5 and 6-7 records the last two seasons.

Like I said, Georgia's perennially getting ranked in the top-10 in these recruiting polls. I don't know where UCF, Colorado, and BSU are in the rankings, but I know it's significantly south of 10 each year.

So, yes, Georgia should never, ever be losing games to the likes of Boise State, Colorado, and Central Florida. I'm not setting the bar so high where I expect perfection. I only ask that Georgia merely beat the opponents that they're much more talented than. That wasn't happening in 2009 and 2010.

Recruiting polls mean very little IMO. With the right coaching, so-called "2-star" recruits can look like blue chips. That's what guys like Petersen and Leach have done to great success. And the star rankings seem to be based more on where a recruit is from and who's recruiting them, not on actual talent. Kellen Moore was a 3-star quarterback coming out of high school. Looking back on his career, I think we can all agree that ranking was way off-base.

And it's not like collecting a bunch of blue chips guarantees national titles and BCS bowl wins, either. Florida State, Miami, and Notre Dame prove that every year now.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived