2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, interesting. We've all been waiting here in Utah for him to pull the trigger since the Utes' Sugar Bowl win. Orrin Hatch has been rumbling on and off about something similar since '04.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

You guys got blown out by a very overrated Arkansas team.

Arkansas' only losses came to the #1 & #2 teams in the country, explain yourself.

Based on personal experience here, Arkansas was kind of like the classic Big XII battlecruiser certain segments of the voting populace picture Okie Light to be. All firepower, no defense. However for those who like FACTS Arky struggled to beat the Fighting Nutts, and Vandy and needed a miraculous by even this season's standards comeback to beat A&M.

tl;dr version: Great teams don't fire their defensive coordinators after the regular season. Guess who did.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Your opinion is noted, but luckily no one reads your book; we can only play the games and that is what counts. The Capital One Bowl must not had seen us as the 5th best team seeing as they had first pick among Arkansas, Georgia, and South Carolina.

Once you realize that a win, whether pretty or ugly, is a win...then you could have really spared me 90% of your reply. 12 games won by a total of 12 points is going to put you in the NCG before a team with 10 wins by a total of 100.

The Capital One Bowl also has first pick of the Big Ten after the BCS and took Nebraska over Michigan State. (U MAD SPARTY?!) Based on the season you would figure Michigan State would get the nod.

Just tossing that out there.

/Jerry Jones apparently wasn't going to let Arkansas go to Orlando anyway.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You're forgetting that Heisman voters for some reason will almost always give the rub to the best player on a team that's headed to the title game, at least in the BCS era (unless a player just has a crazy season like Tebow or builds up a ridiculous career resume like Ricky Williams or Ron Dayne). That alone is probably gonna turn the title race into a close one (and maybe put Luck into the conversation as well due to the career resume argument), despite the fact that RGIII should be the runaway favorite to win the trophy considering the fact that he took freaking Baylor to 9 wins.

Let's look at it another way. Baylor is Kansas State being a "name brand" away from playing in the Cotton Bowl. Yes, Baylor finished ahead of Oklahoma in the Big XII.

Today, we are all otaku.

June Jones has been hired to be the next head coach at Arizona State. Press Conference tomorrow at noon Arizona time.

Can you imgine RichRod vs Jones next year? 63-56

What? I was hearing all day yesterday that Jones had been dropped?

The offensive capabilities intrigue me, but I don't know about this yet.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

June Jones has been hired to be the next head coach at Arizona State. Press Conference tomorrow at noon Arizona time.

What? I was hearing all day yesterday that Jones had been dropped?

The offensive capabilities intrigue me, but I don't know about this yet.

If you listen to Gambo and Burns it's official

Can't get excited about this at all...found out in a morning meeting. Nothing like a lateral hire to energize your football program and student body.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

EDIT: scratch everything I said here.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Can you imgine RichRod vs Jones next year?

Never-Was Bowl I

The programs or the coaches?

SMU is basically screwed. They were paying Phil Bennett $600k when he was fired fours years ago. Jones was making $2.1M. Whoever is next gets what with a team with one dimensional players for a specific offense?

Can you imgine RichRod vs Jones next year?

Never-Was Bowl I

The programs or the coaches?

SMU is basically screwed. They were paying Phil Bennett $600k when he was fired fours years ago. Jones was making $2.1M. Whoever is next gets what with a team with one dimensional players for a specific offense?

Those one dimensional players are still better than anyone Bennett got 'em.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

So they go from Dennis Erickson to June Jones? If this was the 90s, this would be exciting. Here you have the Wildcats making a splash with their hire (I'll say it agian: RichRod will turn out to be a good hire for em. He was never a good fit at Michigan, but he'll fit Arizona like a glove), and then the Sun Devils go and do that. I'd rather that they pulled an Ole Miss or North Carolina and pluck a coach from the midmajors than do this.

The report is the Big 12 is rallying support for a plus-one after this year. A plus-one would work this year - so long as the other two were Arkansas and South Carolina. Can't let inferior teams play for it, after all.

First off, what report?

Secondly... You know what, I'm not taking the bait. You just want someone to fall into your stupid little game... No. Not worth my time.

Archived