Brewers "Cerveceros" Jersey

kbaker19

I'm surprised this many people liked them. I guess they look better in a HD still-shot, but watching them on local TV in non high-def (yes, the channel is still in the dark ages) was flat-out painful. I watched with a group of people and everyone thought they were gross. The jerseys were, however, perfectly fine while listening to Bob Uecker.

Are you saying Brewers local TV doesn't have an HD feed? The game was simulcast on MLB TV and in HD, and it had Brewers localization on it, so I dunno. I'm just being weird. :wacko:

bSLCtu2.png

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised this many people liked them. I guess they look better in a HD still-shot, but watching them on local TV in non high-def (yes, the channel is still in the dark ages) was flat-out painful. I watched with a group of people and everyone thought they were gross. The jerseys were, however, perfectly fine while listening to Bob Uecker.

Are you saying Brewers local TV doesn't have an HD feed? The game was simulcast on MLB TV and in HD, and it had Brewers localization on it, so I dunno. I'm just being weird. :wacko:

All of the network news stations out of Milwaukee are in HD, as is FSN Wisconsin which broadcasts Brewers games, so I don't know what a3uge is watching.

edit: WMLW sometimes broadcasts games and are, in fact, not HD...sorry a3uge.

As for the gold jerseys, I think they looked pretty good but I'm glad they're a one-off jersey. I think I'd get sick of the gold if it became a regular thing.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

^ and why is only "wers" underlined? At least take it to under the r and e.

I liked them, but the consistency dork in me is annoyed by the single blue pipe on the sleeves. Every other jersey they use (white, gray, navy) uses a blue-gold-blue stripe and always matches the pants stripe. These should be the same. I'd even settle for blue-white-blue stripes on the gold jerseys.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Actually, the Brewers' navy alternates use a single gold stripe.

stettersedar.jpg

I get the point, though. Two navy stripes would replicate the visual look of the regular stripe pattern.

As for the half-tail, I'm pretty sure they did that so the tail wouldn't have to span the placket, avoiding all the problems with it lining up on the left and right sides of the jersey. When the Brewers first introduced this scheme, they only used one wordmark on the jerseys.

83042222_crop_650x440.jpg?1277655022

DSC_0114.jpg

05-15-08%20Dodgers%20v%20Brewers47.jpg

Of course, the "Milwaukee" road alts changed that, and the "Cerveceros" jerseys have never fit.

Why can't they go back to a more balanced wordmark?

1944MilwaukeeBrewers.jpg

Actually, the Brewers' navy alternates use a single gold stripe.

stettersedar.jpg

Yeah I know, but I read it as the same stripe that's on the pants and sleeves of the other jerseys, but you just can't see the outlining navy blue stripes because they're on the navy blue background.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Now that you point out the half-tail, it's the only thing that I can see in that script. It's one of those things that I've never noticed before, but now it's the only thing I see when looking at that script.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Sorry to spoil it for you. :P

There are lots of little things I hate about that wordmark. I hate that it's angled upwards on the jerseys but not on the primary logo.

pMLB2-5669706dt.jpg

Milwaukee-Brewers-logo.gif

To my mind, that's (another!) textbook example of a bad design, when you have to rotate the wordmark to fit it in the primary.

Sorry to spoil it for you. :P

There are lots of little things I hate about that wordmark. I hate that it's angled upwards on the jerseys but not on the primary logo.

pMLB2-5669706dt.jpg

Milwaukee-Brewers-logo.gif

To my mind, that's (another!) textbook example of a bad design, when you have to rotate the wordmark to fit it in the primary.

Sort of relevant to this, the Blue Jays, Rockies, Mets and Dodgers have their wordmarks at different angles compared to their uniforms. The Blue Jays would be an easy fix; just rotate the primary logo, but they're changing their look next year anyway.

if i was hispanic i probably would be insulted that my heritage and language is being used as a marketing tool. are hispanics/latinos really flocking to these teams because they put 'cerveceros' on their uniforms? how are they creating new fans?

i would venture to guess they would be more impressed with a hispanic/latino superstar on the team than some jersey with 'cerveceros' on it. and i'm fairly sure if they were brewers fans in milwaukee, they would be even more impressed if the brewers was a world series team than just a team sporting 'cerveceros' for one night.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

if i was hispanic i probably would be insulted that my heritage and language is being used as a marketing tool. are hispanics/latinos really flocking to these teams because they put 'cerveceros' on their uniforms? how are they creating new fans?

i would venture to guess they would be more impressed with a hispanic/latino superstar on the team than some jersey with 'cerveceros' on it.

How is this any more of marketing gimmick than Boston Celtics or Minnesota Vikings? This is no different from the various ways the Brewers organization has been paying homage to Milwaukee's German heritage for years. Now Latinos are one of the city's most prominent ethnic groups and the ballclub is adjusting accordingly (much better than most of Milwaukee's "old-time" civic institutions, I might add).

Besides, the Cerveceros jerseys were pretty popular on the south side last I was down there.

0oW77.png

Let's see how close that jersey color is to the designated Pantone Textile color the Brewers use:

MilwaukeeBrewersGold_9999_TEX_SRGB.png

EDIT: Pretty close.

'Werx, what color do you think that jersey is the Brew Crew wore? It's obviously brighter than any official colors they have right?

I posted it a couple of pages back. I'm pretty sure it's the Gold they've already been using.

I liked that Cerveceros' jersey... where can I buy one?

Same thing with the Gigantes' jersey.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I liked that Cerveceros' jersey... where can I buy one?

Same thing with the Gigantes' jersey.

For the Brewers, first thing is to call the team store at Miller Park. Last offseason, I called them on a hunch to see if they had the 2010 Cerverceros jersey (navy). They did. They took my order over the phone and it came within a week. If anyone has it, they'll have it. It worked the same with the Los D-Backs jersey. In most cases, if you call the team store at the park, they'll have it or at least point you in the right direction.

I imagine you could try the same thing for the Giants. I know they sold that jersey on MLB.com years ago, but it only was available the first year they wore them and only in a limited run. If they don't have them now, try again closer to when they wear the jersey for the promotion.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived