Richmond Tigers (AFL) new logo?

rmered

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FANTASTIC! (**) (**) (**) (**) (**)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Oh, that is extra-nifty. Definitely blows the old one away, and hopefully they'll have a solid wordmark to complement it. Good timing, too, as the Tigers are playing exciting football and seem to be on the verge of becoming relevant again.

Hopefully the uniforms don't undergo any significant changes.

My one immediate criticism is that this would make the Tigers the second Melbourne-based team to use an Arsenal-style shield:

melbourne_victory_logo.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

that there's rather sharp looking. The only sticking point I have right off the bat is damn near every lower level football club in Australia and their mama will be using this and slapping their own name over it within the next few years(which is basically what's done with the older Richmond tiger head, as well as their jumper. Copyright rules being somewhat different in Aus, IIRC, the jumpers are usually more likely to be a bit different from Richmond's than the tiger is)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

This was registered with IP Australia by the Australian Football League.

Richmond-logo.gif

the current logo is this:

2006_AFL_Richmond.jpg

Does not look as aggressive as the logo we have, why would they bring this in now and not back in 2008 for the 100 years in the VFL/AFL?

Did the AFL register any other clubs logos?

Maybe the League is doing a set of logos for a new competition ala Logo House?

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

that there's rather sharp looking. The only sticking point I have right off the bat is damn near every lower level football club in Australia and their mama will be using this and slapping their own name over it within the next few years(which is basically what's done with the older Richmond tiger head, as well as their jumper. Copyright rules being somewhat different in Aus, IIRC, the jumpers are usually more likely to be a bit different from Richmond's than the tiger is)

The thing with IP back home is the AFL is the controlling body for all football.

Imagine every social league in the US being eventually responsible to the NFL!

The AFL controls the various state leagues, who then have metro and country leagues that report to them.

When the Whatever Tigers release this as their logo, they are using a logo that belongs to their controlling body.

When I was involved the request was usually change it just enough so it belongs to your club, not the Pro team

Often that was achieved with a wordmark.

For me the interesting thing will be whether this will replace the West Tigers leaping tiger as the Most Popularly Ripped Off Logo (Australian Section).

it's got it's work ahead of it if it's going for that title.

West-Tigers-logo.gif

PS fumbler. No other clubs are on the IP Aus website with new logos.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Not sold on it just yet. Maybe the more I see it, the more I'll like it.

That makes Geelong, Hawthorn, Adelaide, Fremantle, Melbourne and GC17 to have released new logos recently. Of those, Geelong, Hawthorn and this Richmond one look like they were designed by the same people...

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

My one immediate criticism is that this would make the Tigers the second Melbourne-based team to use an Arsenal-style shield:

That's what I thought when I saw the shield. While the tiger head is nicer, the head direction is something I need to get used to.

I saw, I came, I left.

Not sold on it just yet. Maybe the more I see it, the more I'll like it.

That makes Geelong, Hawthorn, Adelaide, Fremantle, Melbourne and GC17 to have released new logos recently. Of those, Geelong, Hawthorn and this Richmond one look like they were designed by the same people...

These two do all the AFL's graphics: http://www.cato.com.au/ or http://www.r-co.com.au/home.aspx

That includes new club logos.

As for shields:

This brings to 6 out of 17 clubs to use a shield somewhere in their logo.

the others:

StKilda-logo-1995.gifNorth-logo-2007.gifMelbourne-logo-2011.gif

Hawthorn-logo-2007.gifGeelong-logo-2008.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

last year IIRC...and agreed, that would've actually been better if it were simpler, but whatcha gonna do.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

When did the Demons switch to that crest? That's over-detailed to say the least.

You know the expression a camel is a horse designed by a committee?

That's what this logo looks like to me.

There were probably 8 different people, all with different things they wanted in the logo, and everyone got their way.

Gotta have the Southern Cross.

And MFC, we need the MFC monogram.

Well, we've just got to have a footy in there.

I think we should have the rules of the game.

Yeah, well, we're the Demons, we need a trident.

But what about the jumper, we have to have something with a Red yoke in there.

But we're one of the oldest clubs in sport, we have to have the year we were formed on there.

But I still say we need the eternal flame to represent all those who went to war.

Bugger it, let's chuck them all in and see what we can do.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived