2011 Women's world cup

BigMac12

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, the US gals beat North Korea in their first Group C match, but the "excuse" for the North Korean team is just priceless.

Blame it on the lightning

Yep, I posted about that earlier. I just about fell out of my chair laughing.

BTW, the rule that disallowed the US' third goal is bull :censored:. That needs to be changed. The NK keeper clearly didn't have possession and that goal should have counted. In any case, I'm happy with a 2-0 win.

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Thunderbolts and Lightning very very frightening me

(Galileo) Galileo (Galileo) Galileo, Galileo figaro

Magnifico

I see a little silhouette-o of a man. Skada boosh, skada boosh, can you do the fandango?

Insert that above NJTank's comment.

Bohemian Rhapsody is my favorite song of all time.

Richard Cheese version FTW!

=====================================================================================================================

Anyways, are you guys pumped for tomorrow's Norway - Equatorial Guinea match-up? I know I am! :D

25yzwqg.png

Lightining? I watched the 2nd half of that game... the sky was clear and sunny in Dresden. The coach needed an excuse because if the Great and Glorious Leader found out his team lost to the United States, then he and the entire team is going to be slave labor for the rest of their miserable lives... which explains the fate of the men's team after their performance at the Men's World Cup last year.

BTW, I'm calling it: Norway will score 5 goals against Equitorial Guinea tomorrow. I say five because Norway is just the tip of the iceberg for the Guineans in Group D.

No, his claim is that they were struck by lightning in a training session a few weeks back and it's been affecting them ever since.

Curiously, FIFA has yet to find any evidence of such an incident.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I actually did watch the WUSA post 1999, but I have this tourney on DVR for two reasons.

1-I am good friends with a guy who is married to one of the women on the Team USA from the winning 1991 World Cup team.

2-I had a former co-worker who was a former NCAA soccer player and just to have something else to talk to her about aside from our jobs, we had soccer...that and we were gym partners/Wednesday drinking buddies.

The world has caught up with the USA in the last decade as China has fallen back, but we have not really gotten better as a national team. We had many women playing in their later 30's until now.

I for one am extremely happy ESPN brought back the theme song to last year's men's World Cup, just without the local African flavor to it. Personally they should stick with that and run with it for soccer from now on. I can only imagine how awesome 2014's could be with that song and all the Brazilian music mixed in

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I've been a huge USWNT fan since 1999 since I went to the final in Pasadena.

In other words, the North Koreans are acknowledging that the odds of five of their players getting struck by lightning at the same time are better than their odds of beating Team USA.

Either that, or the coaching staff just wants to avoid the wrath of the Dear Leader that the men's coaching staff had to endure last year after crashing and burning their way out of the group stage.

CCSLC signature.png

In other words, the North Koreans are acknowledging that the odds of five of their players getting struck by lightning at the same time are better than their odds of beating Team USA.

Either that, or the coaching staff just wants to avoid the wrath of the Dear Leader that the men's coaching staff had to endure last year after crashing and burning their way out of the group stage.

Have any of you guys seen the NK propaganda videos from last year's World Cup? Not only did they claim that North Korea beat both Brazil and Portugal and won the entire tournament, they subtitled an interview with Cristiano Ronaldo and claimed that he said since he'd played at Manchester United and Real Madrid, he'd love to come play in Pyongyang. I :censored: you not.

Archived