Minnesota Twins identity

bigbean24

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just prefer this:

molitorj23658.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

IMO the Twins look best in their alt Home jersey (which has become their standard home jersey this year).

as for their road jersey i'd like to see them go back to this look

1bfpt34ml4iu33hwff4sr0xc4.gif

only minus the pinstripes, but with the current sleeves.

the vest is not a good look for them IMO (do they ever wear it though), and their blue alt is a good look for them.

ditto...

The old script is a jumbled mess. It doesn't flow and all the letters look like they were borrowed from different scripts. I like the new wordmark so much better and feel like it's one of the more dynamic and sharp looking wordmarks in the league. The new one is cleaner, easier on the eyes, looks "cooler", and comes off as more professional.

It's annoying that they aren't wearing that uniform this year just because Harmon Killebrew died. That'd be like if Johnny Bench croaked and the Reds only wore the 70's pullovers for an entire year. It's silliness.

Well seeing as how the Reds don't have that uniform as an official alternate in their current set, it's not really the same thing at all.

but it easily could be an official alternate. It's not that far-fetched an analogy.

Could be, but it's not. The Twins' is at the moment. They would have to add it next year and then he dies for it to be the same thing.

Fine. The Milwaukee Brewers wear the BiG throwback alternates for every home game for a year, while still wearing their current road uniforms, because Robin Yount dies. That better?

I'm just trying to point out how ridiculous it is that the Twins set an entire set aside for a year just because of one player.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Fine. The Milwaukee Brewers wear the BiG throwback alternates for every home game for a year, while still wearing their current road uniforms, because Robin Yount dies. That better?

I'm just trying to point out how ridiculous it is that the Twins set an entire set aside for a year just because of one player.

As a Twins fan (granted Killebrew was before my time, but we love him here), I totally agree. Wearing the jersey the day he died was nice, but other than that, I'd rather see them stick with their identity (adding a "3" patch, of course).

It's a non-issue, but it would have been interesting to see what they'd have worn in the post-season. I'm guessing the throwback, but I'd really rather those games be played representing the current identity.

Isn't the team's full name the Minnesota Twin Cites?

No.

The "TC" was chosen because it was feared that an "M" logo would be taken to represent "Minneapolis" rather than "Minnesota."

This is true. You can thank the Twins for getting the ball rolling on team names that are not cities...sensitivity to the fear of losing support from the St. Paul side of the river. That netted the name "Minnesota" and caused the fear of an "M" hat. I don't think the silly little underline would have been under the "M" had it been designed in 1961, so I'd like to know what it would have looked like.

That said, it is unique in that the "C" does not represent the city name or team nickname, and I actually kind of like that. I don't know how many people elsewhere know what it means, but if most don't, I like that it's a potential conversation starter.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

This is true. You can thank the Twins for getting the ball rolling on team names that are not cities...sensitivity to the fear of losing support from the St. Paul side of the river. That netted the name "Minnesota" and caused the fear of an "M" hat.

Didn't the Minnesota Vikings start play in 1960? Maybe the Twins took their cue from the football team and go state rather than city.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

This is true. You can thank the Twins for getting the ball rolling on team names that are not cities...sensitivity to the fear of losing support from the St. Paul side of the river. That netted the name "Minnesota" and caused the fear of an "M" hat.

Didn't the Minnesota Vikings start play in 1960? Maybe the Twins took their cue from the football team and go state rather than city.

Vikes started in 1961...months after the Twins. That said, I cannot say with certainty which team was named first. Either way, it was for the same reason...but it could have been the Vikings' idea.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The TC mark is, in my opinion, one of the best cap logos in baseball. The M is nice, but it just doesn't hold up.

Yeah, the "M" is good, but could work for any team with an M imitial. The "TC" is a one of a kind... a classic. And I really like that the red C fades back slightly. The T is more inportant.

I think they originally wanted to be the "Twin Cities Twins" and that's where the 'TC' originally comes from, but MLB put a kibosh on it, so they went with Minnesota so as to not alienate St. Paul.

Exactly, MLB thought no one would know what the Twin Cities were. They put the stadium in Bloomington so that the cities wouldnt fight over the team.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

Pretty sure it was there before the Twins were and had more to do with available real estate than keeping everyone happy.

They had a choice of 2 ballparks in the Twin Cities the Met and the first Midway Stadium in Saint Paul so they chose the Met of course because of the whole favortism to a city thing. Of course the Met was a better and bigger stadium ready for MLB.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

Archived