2011 NFL Season

TBGKon

My prediction:

Andy Reid gets fired after starting season 1-6, takes his talents to South Beach after the season, and has a long, prosperous career with the Dolphins. He drafts Case Keenum in the second round, finishes 4-12 next season but 9-7 the year after, making use of Reggie Bush's natural ability much like he did with Brian Westbrook. Brandon Marshall becomes Comeback Player of the Year. Miami has many years ahead of post-season success, perhaps even winning a Super Bowl.

Phila goes after a traditional "tough guy". They snag Russ Grimm, who initially has reservations about coaching in the same division as Washington, where he is still revered from his time as a member of "The Hogs". Grimm inherits a roster built as a west-coast offense and an aging Michael Vick. He has his hands full revamping the roster to fit his smashmouth, bare-knuckle slug-you-in-the-mouth offense, leading to a 6-10 finish his first season. Fans question his decision-making and call him a "bum" after his press conferences include a noted lack of swearing or calling out his players. Philadelphians continue to talk about how they truly wish Rex Ryan was their head coach, and after another unimpressive season, Russ Grimm is let go.

Hey, I understand you're talking Andy Reid but I've been meaning to post this for quite awhile so please permit a sidebar.

Reggie? That's where the buzzer went off and the deep-voiced announcer said, "Thank you for playing." Good luck to anyone who pins any part of a plan on Reggie. What is this, his sixth annual "breakout season"? Still waiting.

And here's why. I've said this before but in the first game of this season I finally got a few screenshots to show what I'm talking about. Reggie does not have RB vision. Look at this play. He takes the handoff and while none of us here are NFL running backs, I think if we were in Reggie's spot right here we could all take a damn good guess about where to run. Maybe that gaping hole to the right? If he makes #32 miss, he's off to the races, and if not, it's still a nice gain.

AdobeFlashPlayer1013201132623PM.jpg

Not Reggie. As he has done many times since entering the NFL, for some inexplicable reason he ignores the hole that he could ride through in a golf cart in favor of running straight towards the pile...

AdobeFlashPlayer1013201132651PM.jpg

...and disappearing into it. This was a 4-yard gain but he'd have gotten a lot more running through the hole.

AdobeFlashPlayer1013201132657PM.jpg

I don't dislike Reggie, I just think after 5+ years it's time to accept that he will never be a superstar. The Saints have Darren Sproles now, who someone recently said was Reggie before Reggie was Reggie. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bears announced they're benching Meriweather and Harris for Wright and Conte for the foreseeable future.

This is the 50th different safety tandem during the Lovie Smith tenure.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Roman Harper says the $15K he was fined for decking Steve Smith was worth it. I really don't understand. Smith wasn't showboating; he slowed down as he crossed the goal line but so do a lot of guys. He didn't point or mock Harper or anything else. I was taken aback when Harper hit him. I'm all for playing tough and aggressive blah blah but that just seemed very stupid and classless. It fired up the Panthers too.

And God knows the Saints never do idiotic crap when scoring. :rolleyes:

AYAAQAHA-P229783.jpg

Edit: Steve Smith's comments. I guess I'll let it go. Seems like he has. :P

===

You best believe I'm not looking for an apology, Smith said Thursday. I'm not looking for one, don't think I deserve one, Smith said today. I didn't lose any sleep over it, won't lose any sleep over it. And when we play them down there I'm not going to walk up to him and say, 'Hey, I expect an apology, or can we make amends?' It's football.

But if going up and catching a ball and scoring is disrespectful, I have no control over that. The object of the game when Cam (Newton) threw the ball was for me to catch it and do the best I can with it, and that's what I did. If he wasn't a fan of it, I understand. Some people like blue cheese, some people like ranch. I'm more of a ranch guy. He's obviously more of a blue-cheese guy.

===

Huh? Well, whatever.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Right when you thought the Dolphins couldn't be a bigger joke, you have Brandon Marshall bragging that he will get into a fight with the Jets on Monday night.

Cromartie will probably be dumb enough to take the bait and throw punches back once Marshall does if that indeed occurs

...Which actually wouldn't be that terrible if Cromartie already had his one very good defensive play of the game

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

O AN HE REXY

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Achievement Unlocked: 320 yards passing and no touchdowns scored.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That rule exists solely to screw Detroit. I call it the vmd rule.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm sorry, even though my team should benefit from this, that whole "completing the process" touchdown ruling is very stupid.

This was brought up on the Falcons' pre-game radio show, on their weekly interview with Rich McKay, who's co-chair on the NFL's Competition Committee. His response made complete sense when it came to "completing the process": "You have to show proof to the official that you made the catch and maintained control after you've fallen out of bounds or through the ground."

Ryan Clark just confirmed one of my biggest issues with football players today: "celebrating" a big play by headbutting, or slapping the helmet, of a teammate. Polumalu had some sort head injury (although minor) and Clark's brilliant idea is to headbutt him as soon as he gets up. What happened to the high-five? How about next time you make a big play, I punch you in the face?

Are the Rams the worst team in the league? At least the Colts keep it close with their parade of non-Mannings.

The Colts are trying. The Rams aren't even trying.

Today, we are all otaku.

Are the Rams the worst team in the league? At least the Colts keep it close with their parade of non-Mannings.

The Colts are trying. The Rams aren't even trying.

If the Rams end up with the #1 pick?

A. Trade the pick

B. Draft Luck and trade him

C. Draft Luck, keep him and trade Sam Bradford

Archived