Uniforms that your team never should have worn

Jahgee

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The RBK / Patrick "Baltimore Ravens" LaForge freakshow

oilersjersey375.jpg

I know they say these were inspired by the ravens. But really there is not one aspect that reminds me of the ravens, it's like saying the Vancouver Canucks were inspired by the Bengals haha

I want to say I love this thread idea. This is a uni/logo forum, and when people come up with creative ways to judge teh looks of teams, such as this thread, it's a good thing. Who cares if it's been seen before, all of them have! That's not the point, it's the idea of the thread that makes it good.

That being said?

I have never had a huge opposition to anything worn by the Islanders, Giants, Yankees, or Bulls (college).

So I didn't have much to contribute, I have liked some more than others for my teams, but never had anything that sickened me. That is until one of the teams decides to wear a "Hispanic heritage" jersey. But hopefully that doesn't happen. Or if the Isles come out with a wordmark third. Yuck.

2ly2w09.jpg

oilersjersey375.jpg

I know they say these were inspired by the ravens. But really there is not one aspect that reminds me of the ravens, it's like saying the Vancouver Canucks were inspired by the Bengals haha

I've never heard of the Oilers/Ravens thing. What is the story? Those jerseys don't resemble anything about the Ravens' identity.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

and, Strike two:

Sabres23.png

Thankfully, they didn't strike out.

2006-2007 ..... before they darkened the blue (above) the following season ....

This would have been a much better uniform color, better logo (the alternate), and a better looking uniform set than going back and tweaking the original logo from 1970 and darkening the blue like they've done. Laced collars would have been a great touch.

sabres06_alt-concept_hm.jpg

sabres06_alt-concept_away.jpg

The Adidas Michigan unis (and team apparel, for that matter) are awful. The road unis take the cake. We need to beg Nike to take us back.

tate-forcier-12jpg-a6452746fe67ac18_medium.jpg

These basketball unis debuted my sophomore year. Yikes.

9900-nw-crawford-3.jpg

For the Pats, it's these ones, only because I like the shoulder stripes much better than sleeve stripes:

stevegrogan-droppingback-8x10.jpg

spikes.jpg

Blame CWx. It was his idea :P

Huh?

:blink:

Didn't you share a story about writing the Colts, suggesting they wear silver, and coincidently they adopted it soon after? If so I was just making a joke.

If not....well then I have no idea where I got the idea.

I think that was Yale.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

oilersjersey375.jpg

I've never heard of the Oilers/Ravens thing. What is the story? Those jerseys don't resemble anything about the Ravens' identity.

Yeah when they were first unveiled the team president, gm, or someone of signification said they used the Ravens for inspiration. I agree, with the exception of using the color gold, they do not resemble the Ravens at all.

I'd be interested to hear the story too.

Anybody? Anybody?

102978504SA0863_slide.jpg

Yes times 1 million!!!!!

I forgot to say Bucs and Lightning, as I've never had issues with their unis either. Until the Lightning now as you posted.

I don't know how I forgot, since I puke everytime I look at my own sig. That thing has got to go.

2ly2w09.jpg

Braves

5045480142_e58c62588b_o.jpg

Dump the jersey, keep the caps.

lol i feel the opposite, love the jersey but the only cap i want to see on the braves is their home cap.

well i was gonna say the same but seeing as how you're a phillies fan i now am obligated to say otherwise. ^_^ ^_^

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Yeah when they were first unveiled the team president, gm, or someone of signification said they used the Ravens for inspiration. I agree, with the exception of using the color gold, they do not resemble the Ravens at all.

I'd be interested to hear the story too.

Ask and you shall recieve. Below is the original article and quotes.

We wanted change. A lot of things motivated us to look at change. We have a new locker room. A new team. We saw it as rejuvenation. A breath of fresh air," said LaForge.

"It was meant to be a sort of a Baltimore Ravens look," he said.

The Oilers have have their own identifiable look familiar to the entire world because Wayne Gretzky used to wear that uniform, and now they want to look like the Baltimore Ravens instead?

"A full black body from the ankles to the top, above the ankles and below the shoulders. A solid blue color," said LaForge.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists/Jones/2007/10/28/4612259-sun.html

Archived