College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohio University is joining the long list of schools to participate in a stadium wide "blackout". In addition to the horrid black uniforms already seen once this season, they'll be wearing new black helmets to match. This is the first black helmet in school history.

I don't need to tell you I'm not a fan of these.

blackhelmets.png

Does that say "relentless" on the rear bumper? Ugh, that's stupid.

I do suppose that these will make the black uniforms slightly less terrible as they won't stick out like the white helmets did so badly, but I hate to see my alma mater jump on this silly trend. The worst part is that it's for a nationally televised game when their vastly superior uniforms sit in the closet.

They even went with the matte finish too. Ugh.

PvO6ZWJ.png

890cde15c9677eee523b453b07f412a3-getty-130766624.jpg

Finally got a picture.. an ideal matchup for me. I like Illinois' new helmets a lot too

Illinois' NEW helmet?

That's what I was thinking?

Penn State's new helmets look cool too!!

What about those sweet new Penn St. jerseys...I wish they'd stop changing them every year...maybe this will be a permanent set

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

What about those sweet new Penn St. jerseys...I wish they'd stop changing them every year...maybe this will be a permanent set

I just hate how Nike makes uniforms without team colors! When I see Penn State's all white I can't even tell who's playing! First Oregon goes all black, now PSU is all white? When will this madness stop. Nike is the worst thing ever

Ohio University is joining the long list of schools to participate in a stadium wide "blackout". In addition to the horrid black uniforms already seen once this season, they'll be wearing new black helmets to match. This is the first black helmet in school history.

blackhelmets.png

I do suppose that these will make the black uniforms slightly less terrible as they won't stick out like the white helmets did so badly, but I hate to see my alma mater jump on this silly trend. The worst part is that it's for a nationally televised game when their vastly superior uniforms sit in the closet.

Actually, I have to say, those are sick helmets. If they had gone black helmet, regular green jersey (with some black accents), and black pants, that would be a great look. Unfortunately, the uniforms they're wearing with these are a horrible mess.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

blackhelmets.png

Actually, I have to say, those are sick helmets. If they had gone black helmet, regular green jersey (with some black accents), and black pants, that would be a great look. Unfortunately, the uniforms they're wearing with these are a horrible mess.

I love these new helmets. The matte finish with the striping is almost perfect for a black helmet.

spacer.png

blackhelmets.png

Im actually a fan of the Matte finish and the dark helmet of the old Alma Mater. Relentless is the theme of the football program and was ALWAYS emphasized by the late Marcellis Williamson (notice the six on the helmet, it contains the word deuce inside it in order of the late #62.) Im completely fine with the helmets, and they definitely won't stick out like a sore thumb like the white helmets as you said. Im fine with it for one game a year, as long as it results in a W! Different opinions I guess.

x0y5nq.png

Finally got a picture.. an ideal matchup for me. I like Illinois' new helmets a lot too

Illinois' NEW helmet?

Haha JOKES!!! But seriously, when is Illinois going to get rid of the piping... It's driving me crazy.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Wyoming will be going white helmet with gold bucking horse decal, brown jersey, brown pants for this weekends snow bowl game against TCU

Wish they would wear yellow or white pants for this game. Hoping for snow so I don't see too much of the doodoo on doodoo look.

quick glance, looks like University of Hawaii.

6305315781_8fedcfb2fc_o.jpg

I just threw up in my mouth a little. Sad to see my dad's alma mater look that way, especially when their normal uniforms are some of the best in college football.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Illinois' NEW helmet?

Haha JOKES!!! But seriously, when is Illinois going to get rid of the piping... It's driving me crazy.

They have to be due for new uniforms next year, right?

I just threw up in my mouth a little. Sad to see my dad's alma mater look that way, especially when their normal uniforms are some of the best in college football.

From that angle, it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would, but I see some hints that there is extraneous piping on the sides, which is going to make this uniforms worse. A green jersey would look so much better.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

From that angle, it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would, but I see some hints that there is extraneous piping on the sides, which is going to make this uniforms worse. A green jersey would look so much better.

They've worn them earlier this season. There are pics earleir in this thread.

I wish Illinois would go back to the 90s set they had. It was damn near perfect.

Agreed. My favorite part of that 90's set was the striped socks, it was that "cherry on top" that made the uniforms. For college especially, the socks were very unique.

Agreed...these were great.

BrandonLloyd_large.jpg

brandon.jpg

3308215.jpeg

I wish Illinois would go back to the 90s set they had. It was damn near perfect.

Agreed. My favorite part of that 90's set was the striped socks, it was that "cherry on top" that made the uniforms. For college especially, the socks were very unique.

Agreed...these were great.

BrandonLloyd_large.jpg

brandon.jpg

3308215.jpeg

Helmet: perfect, pants: perfect, jerseys: eh, could've used some stripes. Too plain for my tastes.

Archived