College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

Okay, so I'm really late to the OK State party, but I just had this thought - does anyone else think the combo they wore last saturday would have been better if everything that was matte dark grey was replaced with a true silver? I think the "gun-metal grey"(?) just looks pretty blehh with the orange and black, but silver I think would've helped thier set tremendously, especially Saturday. Think BC Lions when they had a silver helmet...it just works with orange and black.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really any negative emotions toward the throwback helmets, but not too positive about them either. I just want them to use one halfway decent helmet before rolling out special occasion after special occasion uniforms.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

I know its not gonna happen, but I'm really hoping Oregon takes the 15 yard penalty and wears home colors at Stanford tomorrow. I'm thinking all green. Or green/green/black. They've already "stormtroopered" once this season and Stanford will be wearing white/red/white as usual. I hate white/color/white vs. color/white/color. I think its the most confusing matchup to watch on tv. And it just gets harder the more white Oregon wears. And I think this matchup would be AWESOME to see (2 minute photoshop, please excuse the quality):

5d01dece.jpg

I also know there will be 1000's of Oregon fans in attendance, Stanford has a notoriously quiet and uninterested fan base, and it would be cool to attmept to turn this into a "home away from home" kinda game. It would pump up the players, pump up the Duck fans in attendence, and be a sorta slap in the face to Stanford (remind them that they're still #2 in the Pac). Of course it comes with a penalty so there is no way Chip Kelly would ever go for it. I can dream though.

I don't know what SIAP stands for, but that picture made me spit the water in my mouth all over my computer screen laughing so hard.

Then I went on his site, and saw the rest of the pictures. Thankfully my mouth was empty, otherwise it would have ended up on the screen again.

Why does that clown of all people get a box like that? That's pretty freaking cool, and seems it would go better to someone who doesn't hate everything new/different/unique. A shame he got it.

As for the look? I love it. I love the green jerseys and think the shamrock on the helmet is pretty cool.

2ly2w09.jpg

I don't know what SIAP stands for, but that picture made me spit the water in my mouth all over my computer screen laughing so hard.

Then I went on his site, and saw the rest of the pictures. Thankfully my mouth was empty, otherwise it would have ended up on the screen again.

Why does that clown of all people get a box like that? That's pretty freaking cool, and seems it would go better to someone who doesn't hate everything new/different/unique. A shame he got it.

As for the look? I love it. I love the green jerseys and think the shamrock on the helmet is pretty cool.

In this case SIAP= Sorry If Already Posted.

6333234046_429d17ab0c_b.jpg

I really like uniwatch, but he looks like a waterboy. I didn't know he was that wimpy. Good writer at times though. Sorry if you read this, Paul. I just couldn't hold back on this one. But then again, you must've known what you were getting yourself into by actually putting this picture on your blog. Too funny. Wow.

Kentucky (White-White-White) vs Vanderbilt (Black-Gold-Black) - I really do not like the Gold jersey from Vanderbilt. \

Florida (Orange-White-White) vs South Carolina (White-Scarlet-Scarlet) - I really hate this look from Florida, while I love the look from the Gamecocks.

Texas vs Missouri - I really hope Missouri changes their template when they enter the SEC. I hate their current look.

Wake Forest (Black-White-Gold) vs Clemson (Orange-Orange-White) - I would like to see a purple stripe on the pants in the middle of the orange stripes for Clemson. Wake Forest just has an ugly uniform as a whole in my opinion.

spacer.png

Archived