USA Basketball Jerseys

Waffles

Dunno if this has been covered already, or if these are even the jerseys we'll see on the court in Athens, but here's Stephon Marbury holding his USA Basketball Jersey:

capt.xnyr60305141959.usa_basketball_xnyr603.jpg

I don't particularly likey...

YUCK!!!! :puke:

Those are hideous. They should let Nike do the Basketball unis.

Let me ask you, why are these hideous. Please offer us some details. :D

I personally think it looks fine. USA never really has been bad looking with the exception of '96.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Gotta K.U. red uni flavor to 'em. 7 on a 10 scale. ^_^

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

If they just inversed the colors, I think I could work with them.

But nah... I don't think I'll cop one of these, even if Michael Redd gets chosen for the squad.

And am I the only one who actually liked the 96 jerseys?

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

I smell a board-wide concept coming. Those unis are horrid. Is that the best Reebok and NBA Properties can do?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I always thought that the mens' team used blue for their dark uniforms, and that the womens' team used red for their darks. Is that being reversed in 2004?

Also, why doesn't the USA arch, like it had on the last few versions after the "script USA" ones, or to go back even further the 1984 ones? USA straight across makes it less attractive to me.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I always thought that the mens' team used blue for their dark uniforms, and that the womens' team used red for their darks. Is that being reversed in 2004?

Also, why doesn't the USA arch, like it had on the last few versions after the "script USA" ones, or to go back even further the 1984 ones? USA straight across makes it less attractive to me.

Maybe it's just me, but I think the wordmark does arch, it's just the angle Marbury's holding it at is slightly off. Also, seeing as though, IIRC, the first dream team used the USA basketball logo (the one on the shoulder) as the wordmark, that one would have been straight also...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Dunno if this has been covered already, or if these are even the jerseys we'll see on the court in Athens, but here's Stephon Marbury holding his USA Basketball Jersey:

capt.xnyr60305141959.usa_basketball_xnyr603.jpg

I don't particularly likey...

Wow, way too similar to the 1984 jerseys:

85mjusa1.jpg

Seriously, this retro craze has got to stop.

highslapbass,

I totally agree. Retro is for one game a year and throw it back in hte s\closet. The new unis are horrid IMO. No arch, no blue as a main color, and those very wide stripes. :puke: 96 stunck because it was the patch they wear on the shoulder which needs to go. It's not like the USA is not sufficient. Dumb look. I really could have done better. My three year old could have done better.

You call THESE retro? Other than the lettering, I don't see a speck of retro in these jerseys.

Also -- I think it's about time a team USA uses red as a main color. No color, between red, white, and blue, is supposed to be more representative in representing America -- yet all sports teams and whatnot that represent the US seem to go with blue jerseys with not alot of red.

They look NO more like the 1984 jerseys than they do the 2000 jerseys if you were to reverse the colors. So in essence, they're throwing back to 2000, just with reversed colors? Not everythings a throwback because it looks like a design that was used in the past.

lg_garnett_afp-01.jpg

IUe6Hvh.png

Come on people, these really aren't bad!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived