THOSE MARYLAND UNIFORMS

dbackdiehard17

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to at least admit the flag helmets are really cool. Use those full-time. It's not like they're USC or Notre Dame or Michigan. Could go on to be a classic.

Agree. Maryland just found their thing. Used with the jerseys theyre over the top, but on their own, I really like the helmets.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Thankfully I doubt this would happen with any other UA team. Under Armour HQ is in Baltimore, so I'm assuming the home-state team would be the only one getting state-specific unis.

Also the fact that the owner of UA went to Maryland.

spacer.png

Thankfully I doubt this would happen with any other UA team. Under Armour HQ is in Baltimore, so I'm assuming the home-state team would be the only one getting state-specific unis.

Nope, Under Armour has been giving most of their teams unique patterns on their uniforms, though none are as gaudy as this.

Well, that, and other UA schools' state flags don't lend themselves to interesting designs. Utah, for example, is particularly atrocious:

utah-flag.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Hideous. If you paired them with the normal helmet, they wouldn't be too bad. But that helmet is just all sorts of awful, especially when paired with the shoulder design.

I love the Maryland state flag, but this is NOT the way to show it.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Also the fact that the owner of UA went to Maryland.

Well, business is business. If this Maryland design takes off (in terms of attention, merch sales and potential impact in recruiting), I'm sure other UA schools will grant UA a little more leeway to push the envelope. The same thing happened with other Nike schools, as seen by ASU, OSU, etc. It took schools a few years to gauge how things were going in Oregon; now that their re-brand has proved to be successful financially, other schools have started to line up for their turn in the Nike Makeover Machine.

there is yet to be a uniform lacking in school colors that looks good

101111cliff_harris405.jpg

Lamichael-James.jpg

10zbrtd.png

1st picture: My favorite Uniform ever

2nd picture: Not a bad looking set

3rd picture: My new favorite jersey

4th picture: One of the best sets ever by Oregon:

72244373_display_image.jpg?1314646251

spacer.png

4th picture: One of the best sets ever by Oregon:

kellenclemensjpg-e8f63eab69fbcb1e.jpg

I'll just assume you meant to put this yellow Oregon uniform. B)

No, I posted the right one! Those uniforms made me start watching Oregon. I loved the diamond plated design, and besides that was my first Oregon jersey.

spacer.png

I like the helmets. My main beef with the jerseys is that they should have switched the sides of the jersey patterns from the helmets to better replicate that flag look. That way it looks less "Two Face" and more broken-up like the actual flag.

I'm usually not a fan of outrageous uniform designs, but those Maryland uniforms are awesome. The flag design on the jersey may be a bit much, but I don't mind it too much. It would be better if they reversed the sleeves, but these are much better than Maryland's normal uniform set.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

Archived