NFL Uniforms 2011 (Week 3)

TheOldRoman

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No thread started yet, so here goes.

The Bears will be wearing their orange jerseys against the Packers this week. This is a change for them, as they normally wear them on the home date closest to Halloween. Also, this is the first time wearing them against the Packers.

that could be ugly with the packers gold/yellow pants and helmet...

but could also be awesome

The Fox Sports radio show in Nashville advertised today that this weekend is Code Blue encouraging everyone to wear their Carolina Blue shirts because that is what the Titans are wearing. So I assume my favorite look for the Titans is coming:

B_1.jpg

This picture is from the first time they wore this uniform in Primetime vs the Colts back in 2008.

Here is a story I found about Code Blue.

spacer.png

Well, if they're gonna go mono, better with the light blue than the dark blue ...

As someone else had mentioned on here, I too would like to see how the light blue jerseys look with white pants. Odds are that'd be a winner.

Their usual look with light blue jerseys with the navy pants are just awful IMO. barf.gif

this is the closest we've ever gotten to seeing the white/columbia/white combo... make this the home look, with helmet stripes that match the pants, and it's perfect. why do they make it so hard?

this is the closest we've ever gotten to seeing the white/columbia/white combo... make this the home look, with helmet stripes that match the pants, and it's perfect. why do they make it so hard?

I approve of that look. I like it very much.

And I might be in the minority, but the dark blue jersey with light blue pants actually looks good too

vince-young-titans-1--large-msg-119907280511.jpg

Go A's!

The Fox Sports radio show in Nashville advertised today that this weekend is Code Blue encouraging everyone to wear their Carolina Blue shirts because that is what the Titans are wearing. So I assume my favorite look for the Titans is coming:

B_1.jpg

This picture is from the first time they wore this uniform in Primetime vs the Colts back in 2008.

Here is a story I found about Code Blue.

That jersey would be so cool if they made the shoulder numbers white with a columbia blue outline. Columbia blue numbers on a navy background looks sort of low-definition.

And I agree with that well-produced local commercial that the columbia blue jerseys over white pants should be the primary.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I approve of that look. I like it very much.

And I might be in the minority, but the dark blue jersey with light blue pants actually looks good too

vince-young-titans-1--large-msg-119907280511.jpg

i totally agree. i don't so much hate the mix and match opportunities with the titans... that season and a half where we went sorta crazy was pretty fun. the only thing i didn't like was the fact that we still have never worn columbia over white, which is potentially the best look.

columbia over navy is awful.

columbia over columbia is okay, but a little much. (okay for once-a-year code blue stuff, imo. but awful full-time)

columbia over white would be legendary.

navy over navy isn't as bad as people say. i like it once a year. just needs some non-navy socks to break it up.

navy over columbia looks classy and unique and striking. powerful.

navy over white looks like a throw back to the mcnair era to me now, after all these years. so i love that too.

white over navy also looks throwback now, but i'm not a fan of it. by far the worst option for the white jersey.

white over columbia is probably our best current look, which is why we wear it so much.

white over white looks so good that it's a shame that we've only worn it like twice ever.

The only Titan sets which aren't bad are:

Navy jersey, white pants

Columbia jersey, white pants

White jersey, navy pants

White jersey, columbia pants

and even solid white is alright, but not preferrable.

Pairing two colored elements with a white helmet will always look bad and unbalanced.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

No thread started yet, so here goes.

The Bears will be wearing their orange jerseys against the Packers this week. This is a change for them, as they normally wear them on the home date closest to Halloween. Also, this is the first time wearing them against the Packers.

that could be ugly with the packers gold/yellow pants and helmet...

but could also be awesome

And it could look like this...

_sam3991--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

I don't mind the orange jerseys once a year (and only once a year) but not against the Packers! Wear them against the Raiders or the Chiefs or something, I like the classic blue vs white look best. Bleh, I didnt mind the throwbacks they wore against the packers last year, because those were awesome, as in every game awesome

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Bears still haven't lost in the orange jerseys, right? There's your reason for it. Lovie's gameplan for the Packers is "wear the lucky orange jerseys."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It might be a typo, but the Eagles website has them wearing the usual green/white home combination for the home opener. hmmm

i know, they almost always wear white for the 1st home game, but all they are going to wear this year is white and green jerseys, no black this year

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

Archived