NFL Uniforms 2011 (Week 3)

TheOldRoman

72465441_display_image.jpg

That's the best the 49ers ever looked.

I agree. I think this was a great modern update to a traditional look--they should have kept them. At any rate, the khaki pants have to go--that goes for Notre Dame as well.

A few more thoughts--

I like the Saints' old gold--it's a unique color that has fallen out of use in the NFL and NCAA FBS. I'm not really a fan of the mismatch golds, so I'd like to see the Saints try to match the old gold of the jerseys.

I think the Vikings should permanently go to the deep purple of their throwback helmets.

My 16 year old son thought the Vikings helmet was black. I has to match better than it did. I know it was accurate an all, but accurate doesn't necessarily make it good. That said, I LOVED the Saints.

It's where I sit.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thoughts on the 1 o'clock PST games

Oak-NYJ: I like the Jets all white look, much better than white-white-green. The Raiders always look good. 5/5

Bal-StL: I dont like the solid black pants for Baltimore, but black-white-black is still their best road look. Its good so see St Louis in gold pants at home, much better than their white pants. Overall, a good looking matchup, 4/5

GB-Chi: The best road uniform in the NFL, against a not so good alt. If Chicago was in blue, this is a 6/5, but orange puts it at a 4/5

Atl-TB: Tampa going white at home, which I like because I like their white uni much more than red. I've never really like Atlanta's black-red-white look, but it is their best colored option (other than the throwback). A decent looking game 3/5

KC-SD: Another white at home game, but the Chargers white-white-blue looks a lot better than white-blue-white, and KC always look great, but red-red-white is their best look. I'm hestitant to go 5/5, because I'm not a huge fan of SD's current look, but I will 5/5

Ari-Sea: I really wish Arizona would wear red pants on the road, it would be so much better than all white. I really hope Seattle gets a redesign from Nike. Two bad teams in two bad unis 1/5

Thoughts on the 1 o'clock PST games

Oak-NYJ: I like the Jets all white look, much better than white-white-green. The Raiders always look good. 5/5

Bal-StL: I dont like the solid black pants for Baltimore, but black-white-black is still their best road look. Its good so see St Louis in gold pants at home, much better than their white pants. Overall, a good looking matchup, 4/5

GB-Chi: The best road uniform in the NFL, against a not so good alt. If Chicago was in blue, this is a 6/5, but orange puts it at a 4/5

Atl-TB: Tampa going white at home, which I like because I like their white uni much more than red. I've never really like Atlanta's black-red-white look, but it is their best colored option (other than the throwback). A decent looking game 3/5

KC-SD: Another white at home game, but the Chargers white-white-blue looks a lot better than white-blue-white, and KC always look great, but red-red-white is their best look. I'm hestitant to go 5/5, because I'm not a huge fan of SD's current look, but I will 5/5

Ari-Sea: I really wish Arizona would wear red pants on the road, it would be so much better than all white. I really hope Seattle gets a redesign from Nike. Two bad teams in two bad unis 1/5

Would you like these for the Cards vs. Hawks

Link

The Bears look hideous and unwatchable. And so do their orange uniforms!

I didn't like the look at first, but its kinda grown on me. Its certainly alot better then the Giants trying to pull off their Red jersey look. I don't think its a bad alternate.

Its certainly no worse then having to listen to Joe Buck.

My only knock with the orange alternate is that they should've used the original with the simple navy stripes, navy numbers with white outline, and navy pants. The ones they wore in the last 1930's was pretty damn cool. Their current orange alternate is just a simple re-color of their current home navy jersey.

NFCN-UNIFORM-CHI-orangethrowback.png

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

72465441_display_image.jpg

That's the best the 49ers ever looked.

I agree. I think this was a great modern update to a traditional look--they should have kept them. At any rate, the khaki pants have to go--that goes for Notre Dame as well.

A few more thoughts--

I like the Saints' old gold--it's a unique color that has fallen out of use in the NFL and NCAA FBS. I'm not really a fan of the mismatch golds, so I'd like to see the Saints try to match the old gold of the jerseys.

I think the Vikings should permanently go to the deep purple of their throwback helmets.

My 16 year old son thought the Vikings helmet was black. I has to match better than it did. I know it was accurate an all, but accurate doesn't necessarily make it good. That said, I LOVED the Saints.

Looks very purple on HDTV.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

The Bears' home uniform is too good not to wear as much as possible. Any third jersey is an unnecessary downgrade. But hey, I gots ta get wunna dem ornj Urlocker jerseys so I's can show I love da Bears when I hunt. derp.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Would you like these for the Cards vs. Hawks

Link

Let me stick in my 2¢

Looks good, IF they had black shoes, both teams actuallly. ...

I love the blue that Seattle currently uses, better than their expansion color scheme ... but they just use too much of the newer blue, it's total overkill which ruins it. Been saying it for a long time.

I hate the current AZ away shirt so badly with that red shoulder yooke ... otherwise they're fine .... but again, if they use black shoes.

and although this is NOT logo or uniform related, ........ BILLS down 21-0 and coming from behind to beat New England and their 'genius' head coach Bilichick whose coaching blunder cost them a valuable timeout inside 2 mins helping the Bills to run out the clock down to :03 before kicking the game-winning FG and not give Brady a chance to get back on the field and get the ball back.

15 straight losses to them ******* going in ....

Given that, I have one thing to proudly proclaim ....

NOBODY .... NOBODY circles the wagons like the BUFFALO BILLS !!! billflag.gif

THE STREAK IS OVER .... SUSAN LUCCI BUFFALO WINS !!!

It's party time ..... Bottoms up fellas .... 3 and 0 Buff a loooooo !!!! beer5.gif

09000d5d82289b71_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d8228a72a_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d8228ab4d_gallery_600.jpg

Call me an odd ball, but I really like Seattle's home uniforms. I'm all for the Seahawks use of mono blue at home. I've wanted an NFL team to wear a mono color (primary) home uniform for a long time, so I was glad to see Seattle go with that look back in 2002. I wouldn't even mind them bringing back their lime green alternates twice a year. My only suggestion is that they alter the color of the bottom stripe in the team logo, it should be different from the helmet color.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I actually think the Bears/Packers is a great looking game. I wouldn't want to see the orange jerseys more than once a year, but they definitely look nice paired up against the Packers yellow (yes, it's yellow, not gold).

Pics

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I actually think the Bears/Packers is a great looking game. I wouldn't want to see the orange jerseys more than once a year, but they definitely look nice paired up against the Packers yellow (yes, it's yellow, not gold).

Pics

You're right, it does look good, didn't expect that. I kinda understand the one poster who wasn't happy that da Bears chose to wear them against the Packers. The purists want to see the regular identities when the teams meet, and that's very easy to relate to for me because in 2009 is was so great when both teams would wear throwbacks against one another, which is why I wish they'd allow both a home & away throwback set.

The only colors that clashed almost to a point of unbearable this weekend IMO was LSU at WVA .... that was just way too much yellow.

The Bears' home uniform is too good not to wear as much as possible.

Disagreed. The Bears' navy uniforms suffer from the same problem as the Pats - too dark, too dreary-looking. I'd prefer that the Bears just dump the navy jerseys and roll with orange at home full-time.

I like orange jerseys, but on the Broncos and Buccaneers. The Bears should be left alone.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

My GOD the Bills home uniforms look beautiful. Absolutely stunning.

"Stunning"? I mean, it's certainly a solid "traditional"-ish uniform, but "stunning"? IMO no uniform with sleeves that look like the picture above can possibly be described as "stunning". A simple shoulder thingy like the Patriots have (but in white with a red border) would have done wonders.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Why do all your posts read like Geocities pages from 12 years ago? You might as well have signed it off with a hit counter and a guestbook.

Don't forget these bad boys:

IE.gifnetscape.gif

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

My GOD the Bills home uniforms look beautiful. Absolutely stunning.

"Stunning"? I mean, it's certainly a solid "traditional"-ish uniform, but "stunning"? IMO no uniform with sleeves that look like the picture above can possibly be described as "stunning". A simple shoulder thingy like the Patriots have (but in white with a red border) would have done wonders.

. . .

It's his opinion and taste ... not something that's a fact or not .... no need to challenge it ....

You're in the vast minority on this one Vet ... I wasn't too sure at first about the angular sleeve striping at the unveiling myself, but reading all the comments by neutral fans all over major websites and neutral Facebook posters regarding both sets, especially the home unis are getting rave reviews of a magnitude in which I was never expecting.

The last 2 games have been at home it's been rather sunny which make 'em look even better, both the blue and the metallic white helmet flakes. The players have been stretching the jersey sleeves and more than half of them now have the look of the sleeve striping being level rather than on the 45° angle. I'm still trying to get used to the helmet stripe widening and the all-white roadies which many people have said are sharp but most have said could really use blue road pants which DO exist.

It's like Johnny said (regarding the Browns white on white at home) ... when you watch every game in it's entirety it's much different, and I that I do ... We look incredibly sharp IMO just as our play has been and right now we're the shock of the football world ..

Life is good with us again for the first time in 12 years!!

Archived