NFL Uniforms 2011 (Week 3)

TheOldRoman

For all of you saying the Bears orange alternate shouldn't be worn because their navy is soooooooo much better, think about this. OF COURSE the navy looks better, which is why they wear it 7/8 of the time. I have a favorite shirt, but I don't wear it every day. Does it look better than my other shirts? Yes. But variety is the spice of life. You can deal for one freakin' game, because some people do like it when teams don't wear white at home and grey on the road 162 games a season.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all of you saying the Bears orange alternate shouldn't be worn because their navy is soooooooo much better, think about this. OF COURSE the navy looks better, which is why they wear it 7/8 of the time. I have a favorite shirt, but I don't wear it every day. Does it look better than my other shirts? Yes. But variety is the spice of life. You can deal for one freakin' game, because some people do like it when teams don't wear white at home and grey on the road 162 games a season.

That's all well and good, but the one game they wear orange shouldn't be against their arch rivals.

72465441_display_image.jpg

That's the best the 49ers ever looked.

I agree. I think this was a great modern update to a traditional look--they should have kept them. At any rate, the khaki pants have to go--that goes for Notre Dame as well.

A few more thoughts--

I like the Saints' old gold--it's a unique color that has fallen out of use in the NFL and NCAA FBS. I'm not really a fan of the mismatch golds, so I'd like to see the Saints try to match the old gold of the jerseys.

I think the Vikings should permanently go to the deep purple of their throwback helmets.

My 16 year old son thought the Vikings helmet was black. I has to match better than it did. I know it was accurate an all, but accurate doesn't necessarily make it good. That said, I LOVED the Saints.

Looks very purple on HDTV.

Nope, it didn't on my 60" Mitsubishi in the man cave. Have I ever said how much I love my wife on these boards? I think I have :grin:

It's where I sit.

72465441_display_image.jpg

That's the best the 49ers ever looked.

I agree. I think this was a great modern update to a traditional look--they should have kept them. At any rate, the khaki pants have to go--that goes for Notre Dame as well.

A few more thoughts--

I like the Saints' old gold--it's a unique color that has fallen out of use in the NFL and NCAA FBS. I'm not really a fan of the mismatch golds, so I'd like to see the Saints try to match the old gold of the jerseys.

I think the Vikings should permanently go to the deep purple of their throwback helmets.

My 16 year old son thought the Vikings helmet was black. I has to match better than it did. I know it was accurate an all, but accurate doesn't necessarily make it good. That said, I LOVED the Saints.

Looks very purple on HDTV.

Nope, it didn't on my 60" Mitsubishi in the man cave. Have I ever said how much I love my wife on these boards? I think I have :grin:

To each his own then. It has ALWAYS looked purple to me and I've never heard anyone confuse it for being black.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

^agreed, Boys. If the braisher stripes (is that really what those kind of stripes are called?) are good enough for your helmet, then they're good enough for your pants. Why the two don't match on the Saints uniforms is beyond me.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Loved the Saints' look today. Granted, the golds could have matched, but all in all that was a sharp look.

Just a quick question if I may: why did the Saints wear them today, especially against the Texans?

Maybe I'm looking too far into this, but in wearing them in a random game like this, are they perhaps prepping fans (or hinting, for a probably better term) for a change to a similar look when Nike takes over next year? I only ask because it seemed like the Bills sort of pushed the idea of the general throwback look little by little until they changed. The Chargers seemed to do the same. Obviously, the Saints haven't whipped them out seemingly every game like the Bills nearly did, but a game against the Texans of all teams just seems like a strange choice for a throwback game. I mean, I'd get it if it were something like a Bucs creamsicle vs the old golds, but against the Texans it just seems interestingly random. Just thinking out loud here.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

wait, so are you saying that you wear that favorite shirt 7/8 of the time??? :)

^agreed, Boys. If the braisher stripes (is that really what those kind of stripes are called?) are good enough for your helmet, then they're good enough for your pants. Why the two don't match on the Saints uniforms is beyond me.

Named after Packers equipment man "Dad" Braisher, who introduced them to the NFL in 1959.

I've always thought that a team with light-colored helmets should match their pants to them. That the Saints don't drives me up the wall.

After years of trying to figure out what was wrong with the Bears' alternate orange jersey, I figured it out: it desperately needs navy pants to go along with it. I much prefer navy blue at home of course, but wearing the navy road pants with the orange jersey would make it look better in my humble opinion.

330zl3b.png

Just a quick question if I may: why did the Saints wear them today, especially against the Texans?

5th year anniversary of the 1st game in the Superdome since Katrina.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Ohhh that makes sense now. Wow, has it seriously been five years already? Goodness, time's flown.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Ohhh that makes sense now. Wow, has it seriously been five years already? Goodness, time's flown.

Yes, doesn't seem like it, does it? And while much has changed for the better in New Orleans, that thing has not. Former Saints special teams ace Steve Gleason, the guy who did this in that memorable "Return to the Superdome" game...

steve-gleasonjpg-83854b7df81737ef_large.jpg

...has been diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease). He was an honorary captain yesterday and the poor bastard couldn't walk off the field without leaning on a teammate.

Saints play-by-play man Jim Henderson said it best before the game yesterday: "Five years ago our tears were for ourselves. Today they're for Steve Gleason."

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

That's all well and good, but the one game they wear orange shouldn't be against their arch rivals.

I don't know if would call them "arch rivals", per se. It's not like they've played each other more than any two teams in NFL history.

Oh wait...

And BlueSky, as a fellow Saints fan, do you have to call Gleason a bastard? You couldn't use any other word there? I just associate calling someone a bastard as having a negative connotation.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived