NFL Uniforms 2011 (Week 3)

TheOldRoman

Seattle's monochrome is beautiful. burn a cross in my yard if you'd like, but that Seahawk Blue is gorgeous. absolutely gorgeous. white pants look awful with it though. Seahawk Blue pants on road, and home.

and ill say this too. bring back the neon green jersey. its sexy. there i said it

Finally someone with some taste.

>>>>>>>>

Yes, but with very BAD taste! gross.gif

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good to me.

The only good uni there (the only one which isn't terrible) is the Bucs, and pewter is more of a middle, silverish colors, not darker than red.

No, it's clearly darker than the red. Not all pewter is, but their shade is. All of those jerseys look nice.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Seeing the Saints' throwbacks Sunday brought home to me again why I prefer the original darker gold. The color combination just pops more than the Vegas gold. The black, old gold and white provide super contrast. It just goes together well.

10083896-large.jpg

drew-brees-super-bowl-20100116_jab_a17_634.jpg

Now if they'd just wear the white set...

p-556876-billy-kilmer-autographed-hand-signed-new-orleans-saints-8x10-photo-ape-kilmer-no-8x10.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Seeing the Saints' throwbacks Sunday brought home to me again why I prefer the original darker gold. The color combination just pops more than the Vegas gold. The black, old gold and white provide super contrast. It just goes together well.

10083896-large.jpg

drew-brees-super-bowl-20100116_jab_a17_634.jpg

Now if they'd just wear the white set...

p-556876-billy-kilmer-autographed-hand-signed-new-orleans-saints-8x10-photo-ape-kilmer-no-8x10.jpg

Believe me. I'm all for the white jersey and with the advent of HDTV, it should be easily visible to viewers. But is that beautiful shade of gold dark enough to be visible in person? I recall Georgia Tech having to adjust their white jersey because their gold numbers weren't visible in person.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

This shot shows the throwback in all its glory...

10079884-standard.jpg

I much prefer the throwback uni's b/w/b pants stripe and the wider white surround on the numbers. For comparison:

Drew%20Brees%20vs%20Vikings%202.jpg

I couldn't agree more - Braisher stripes are so much better than the one thick black stripe.

In total agreement with both you guys. As a number of other people have noted, if they could standardize the golds, this might be my favorite set in the league -- and if they went to the gold numbers on the white jerseys, too, so much the better. And Mr. Gothamite, thanks for giving me a new vocabulary word, as I had never heard "Braisher" to describe that striping pattern before!

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Seattle is one of the first clubs already working with NIKE on changes. I predict the monochrome will end up going bye-bye.

If anything' considering NIKE considers Seattle their "home team", I'd expect the Seahawks to become the Oregon of the NFL. Not to the extreme levels Oregon has gone, but I think you'll see a interesting combination of jerseys and pant combos. And monochrome will be a part of that. Its a part of all football.

Really? Hideous? Are the Giants, Texans, Bears, Vikings, Eagles, Redskins, Chiefs, and Broncos also "hideous" when they wear their dark helmets and jerseys over white pants?

Slim, everybody doesn't have to look alike. Good for those teams. Maybe Seattle likes to be a little different in the stodgy, conservative No Fun League.

Seattle is one of the first clubs already working with NIKE on changes. I predict the monochrome will end up going bye-bye.

If anything' considering NIKE considers Seattle their "home team", I'd expect the Seahawks to become the Oregon of the NFL. Not to the extreme levels Oregon has gone, but I think you'll see a interesting combination of jerseys and pant combos. And monochrome will be a part of that. Its a part of all football.

Really? Hideous? Are the Giants, Texans, Bears, Vikings, Eagles, Redskins, Chiefs, and Broncos also "hideous" when they wear their dark helmets and jerseys over white pants?

Slim, everybody doesn't have to look alike. Good for those teams. Maybe Seattle likes to be a little different in the stodgy, conservative No Fun League.

Chub, I wasn't asking everyone to look alike... I was asking him if he considered those teams to be hideous.

The Seahawks horrible monochrome combo looks like a bunch of seals on the field.

Seattle Sealhawks

610x.jpg

seal8-400x2351.jpg

Don't want to be that guy but..

thats not the monochrome...thats the navy pants.

Im not saying, I'm just saying.

and i don't like the navy pants. the seahawk blue works for both home and away. and the Away with the Seahawk blue pants is one of the best in the league

10083896-large.jpg

Any reason the Saints didnt go throwback with the helmet as well? These look better

1719391_display_image.jpg?1293465883

sp-duece.jpg

The Seahawks horrible monochrome combo looks like a bunch of seals on the field.

Ha! :grin:

Either that or the appearance that heavy rain is in the forecast, which is usually the case up there anyway.

Mono just doesn't work with that shade of blue ..... looks good with the white pants tho'

nimbus_clouds.jpg

Leading to criticism #2 of the Seahawks' current clownsuits... not even close to enough contrast between both shades of blue on the field, and they're hideous shades at that. Bring these back and be done with it.

seattle-seahawks-jon-kitna-4-skybox-2000-molten-metal-nfl-football-trading-card-38028-p.jpgseattle-seahawks-derrick-mayes-23-skybox-2000-molten-metal-nfl-football-trading-card-38026-p.jpg

I don't agree ... their current away look is a good looking uniform set, way better than their original away set.

It's just the home set with the overkill of the same color.

I agree that there is no need for Navy Blue. I believe Silver should be brought. but a Blue/Blue/silver combo i odnt know how'd that look. I really wish the NFL would let them have that New logo-ed silver helmet like the hawks originally wanted, 2 helmets. they could work that quite well, with a Silver/Seahawk blue/silver pattern, i wouldnt be opposed to that at all. but must keep the hawk blue helmet for that beautiful road jersey of blue/white/blue

Seattle Sealhawks

610x.jpg

seal8-400x2351.jpg

and i don't like the navy pants. the seahawk blue works for both home and away. and the Away with the Seahawk blue pants is one of the best in the league

I wonder how many people outside of this board realize that the Seahawks have two sets of pants in two different shades of blue. Hmmm... I wonder how many people on this board realize that the Seahawks have two sets of pants in two different shades of blue...

09000d5d814c21da_gallery_600.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Seattle Sealhawks

610x.jpg

seal8-400x2351.jpg

I wonder how many people outside of this board realize that the Seahawks have two sets of pants in two different shades of blue. Hmmm... I wonder how many people on this board realize that the Seahawks have two sets of pants in two different shades of blue...

I know I didn't.

It's where I sit.

Seattle Sealhawks

610x.jpg

seal8-400x2351.jpg

I know I didn't.

Yeah...they introduced the navy pants for the green third jerseys, although I thought those green jerseys would have actually looked good with the white road pants.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

Archived