2011-12 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Down goes Missouri! Now there's just two unbeaten major college teams, in Baylor and Syracuse. I'm wondering who's going to lose first? My money's on Syracuse only because I think the Big East is a tougher league than the Big XII this year.

LvZYtbZ.png

But he said 'Major College Teams'. So to our BCS Conference Fantard, Murray State doesn't count. Either way, I don't think anyone had Murray State being unbeaten at this point, so big props to the Racers for their great start.

But he said 'Major College Teams'. So to our BCS Conference Fantard, Murray State doesn't count. Either way, I don't think anyone had Murray State being unbeaten at this point, so big props to the Racers for their great start.

When NKU was about to announce they what D1 Conference they were joining, my professor asked what good/interesting teams were in the OVC (he used to be a s radio show host here, so stirring the pot was kind of his thing). I only mentioned how Tennessee-Martin's Lester Hudson is the only men's player to record a quadruple-double, which he immediately shot down. I'd love to see his response to Murray State.

Didn't see him say major college teams. Just thought it was Will being Will.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Alright, somebody tell me how the RAC became a little shop of horrors

Power Six teams load up their non-conference schedules with home game soft-lobs and neutral court tournaments, so when they actually have to go into a hostile environment for a true road game, they end up looking like headless chickens.

Read: Missouri

When NKU was about to announce they what D1 Conference they were joining, my professor asked what good/interesting teams were in the OVC (he used to be a s radio show host here, so stirring the pot was kind of his thing). I only mentioned how Tennessee-Martin's Lester Hudson is the only men's player to record a quadruple-double, which he immediately shot down. I'd love to see his response to Murray State.

He may want to know that the kings of the OVC in men's basketball is Murray State. Austin Peay isn't that far behind though (and Belmont joins next season, which makes it that much tougher). I probably figure that NKU joined the Atlantic Sun because once they are able to compete for the auto bid in 2016-2017, the Atlantic Sun could look far weaker then what the Ohio Valley does now.

Power Six teams load up their non-conference schedules with home game soft-lobs and neutral court tournaments, so when they actually have to go into a hostile environment for a true road game, they end up looking like headless chickens.

Uhh, Florida played at Ohio State and Syracuse, as well as facing a ranked Texas A&M before they lost to Rutgers at the RAC...

You're on point with UConn to an extent, but Florida was anything like that before they headed to the RAC and lost

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Oh, and while it's still very early on in conference play, BIZZARO BIG EAST (I mean, if everyone goes all "Bizzaro AL East" whenever the Rays are in 1st and Yankees are in 4th every May, why not)

Big East Standings

TEAM CONF OVERALL

Syracuse 4-0 17-0

Seton Hall 3-1 14-2

West Virginia 3-1 12-4

Georgetown 3-1 13-2

Cincinnati 2-1 12-4

Notre Dame 2-1 10-6

South Florida 2-1 9-7

Connecticut 2-2 12-3

St. John's 2-2 8-7

Louisville 1-2 13-3

Marquette 1-2 12-4

DePaul 1-2 10-5

Rutgers 1-2 9-7

Villanova 1-3 8-8

Pittsburgh 0-3 11-5

Providence 0-4 11-6

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

When did Seton Hall get good? Did they play anybody this season?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'll be attending the Cincinnati-Georgetown game tomorrow. HEAR THAT, FNZ? :P

Anyways, I'm hoping for the upset.

JEALOUS! is it in Cincy or DC?

I already got my Syracuse tickets, above the rafters, but I'm still there.

DC. So, since it's a late game, we're gonna take the subway down there, grab some Chinese food in DC's Chinatown, then head up the street to the Verizon Center. So pumped!

But, man, Syracuse. You'll get to storm the court if the Bearcats win.

25yzwqg.png

Uhh, Florida played at Ohio State and Syracuse, as well as facing a ranked Texas A&M before they lost to Rutgers at the RAC...

You're on point with UConn to an extent, but Florida was anything like that before they headed to the RAC and lost

UConn, Syracuse, Missouri, Cincinnati - all teams that started the season ranked and had sherbert-soft non-conference schedules.

Florida is the exception to that.

Archived