2011-12 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the record, Xavier is a bunch of gangsters. Not thugs, but gangsters.

Honestly, I think Tu Holloway should have all of his social media privs revoked and should be barred from speaking to the media for the rest of the season. What he said made the entire university look ridiculous. Any chance he had of National Player of the Year is gone, in my estimation.

KU's win over Ohio State was not really all that impressive with Sullinger out. Robinson was able to do whatever he wanted the whole game. That wouldn't have been the case if Sully was there.

Free throws. When will Kentucky learn? Free throws. They're kinda important.

Syracuse will end up as no. 1 in the country by default. It must be nice not having to play a single true road game. Ever.

And Indiana downs Kentucky at the buzzer on a game winning 3. Now that was awesome.

And now everybody is really going to forget about the football team.

*sigh*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Syracuse will end up as no. 1 in the country by default. It must be nice not having to play a single true road game. Ever.

They schedule like this every year -- all games before conference play are either at home or Madison Square Garden. They play a few road conference games, split half of them, and head back to MSG for the Big East tournament. Then they make the NCAAs and lose in the second or third round because they don't have enough road experience.

As an Orange fan, I'd prefer a no. 1 ranking in April rather than December. It's a nice boost, but doesn't mean much of anything at all.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Mick Cronin is the only one on the court yesterday who comes out of this with any type of respect. I've never had anything against Xavier and have always known Cincinnati were a bunch of thugs, but both team's players, except for maybe the guy punched and kicked on the ground, really should not play the rest of the year. And I'm glad a college coach, or any coach, finally had the guts to come out and actually give these dumb@$$es the ripping they need. "We're gangstas, not thugs"? I don't care if you're a All-American or not, you would never play for me again if you said that after what transpired. You feel disrespected? You beat them in the game. That's all you need to do. And for Cincinnati, like your coach said, you get beat? You take it like a man.

Suspend everybody. Ban both teams from postseason play. This was completely ridiculous.

They schedule like this every year -- all games before conference play are either at home or Madison Square Garden. They play a few road conference games, split half of them, and head back to MSG for the Big East tournament. Then they make the NCAAs and lose in the second or third round because they don't have enough road experience.

As an Orange fan, I'd prefer a no. 1 ranking in April rather than December. It's a nice boost, but doesn't mean much of anything at all.

Yeah, I mean it's kinda fun being #1, just that... even this year the non-conference schedule's kinda weak by Boeheim standards, save for the Florida matchup that's not even under his control (that matchup's up to the Big East and SEC) and maybe Stanford in the preseason NIT. Though this year was a pretty weak Preseason NIT, too, with Syracuse being the only ranked team in it (which usually you get at least 2 or 3). I guess at least we're going on the road for NC State (unless it becomes like Sabres-Hurricanes down there and ends up being a de facto home game like MSG), but looking at the mid-majors we played, only Marshall has some potential to do something come March.

The team itself does look really deep, though. We've got 9 players that can all contribute quite well and the defense has been spectacular. The only thing I can see hurting us in the long run is offense. There's been some games as of late where the shooting hasn't been up to par, and if you don't have a good day shooting come NCAA Tournament time, 9 times out of 10 (UConn beating Butler absolutely is part of the 1 out of 10, thus why I didn't say it as fact that it's always the case) your out of it.

Basically, in usual Orange fashion, I won't get my hopes up until we make it out of the first two rounds alive, just to get them crushed by the sweet 16. For now, I'll be content with being #1 by default.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

The University of Cincinnati has suspended Yancy Gates, Octavius Ellis, and Cheikh Mbodj 6 games each. Ge'lawn Guyn has been suspended one game.

Too short in my opinion, for every one of them.

Gates definitely deserved way more. I know it's a different sport, but Blount got nearly the whole for his against Boise in '09.

Can the NCAA suspend them at all for additional time?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The University of Cincinnati has suspended Yancy Gates, Octavius Ellis, and Cheikh Mbodj 6 games each. Ge'lawn Guyn has been suspended one game.

Gates definitely deserved way more. I know it's a different sport, but Blount got nearly the whole for his against Boise in '09.

The source I saw, FS Ohio, said that the suspension will be concurrent with the 1 game mandatory suspension, but the NCAA and Big East have yet to say whether or not they will suspend them longer. So yes, they could.

I think that's more of a testament to Chip Kelly's disciplinary rules than Blount's actions. I mean, Cliff Harris got kicked off the team for what, smoking weed and getting traffic tickets? At some universities, that's how you get on the team. B)

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Yancy Gates should have been booted off the team. The brawl wasn't the first time he's had disciplinary issues. If I was Mick Cronin he'd be packing his bags and cleaning out his locker right about now.

Mbodj too. The sucker punch is one thing, but stomping on a guy who is on the ground is worse, if you ask me.

... oh, and the whole thing about Memphis being overrated? Yeah, I called it.

Syracuse wins a road game. That bridge has now been crossed :P

They normally lose right after getting the top ranking. Now we just need to hold our breath until the DePaul game or something :)

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived