2011-12 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

I hope Louisville beats St.Johns and ND to prove the point that they're a top 10 team. I'm also tired of people saying that UofL is overrated and they have too much luck. The fact is that they lost both games by margin of 3 and 7 respectively. Also they are ravaged with injuries, which can ruin other team's seasons, but they play like a top 10 team every night. Another point is that UofL can't compete with Syracuse and UConn because of injuries and talent. I think they can win anywhere Yum! Center or on the road, they always a threat to win the Big East. I hope that they can survive the Big East this year.

Uhh, Louisville under Pitino always beats us no matter what :P

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just can't believe Oregon is 10-4. I mean, seriously? I knew we were supposed to be improving, but I didn't we would be this good this fast!

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I just can't believe Oregon is 10-4. I mean, seriously? I knew we were supposed to be improving, but I didn't we would be this good this fast!

On a cupcake schedule though......

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Wow. What a crazy game between MSU and Wisconsin. Typical Kohl center officiating (read: questionable) but overall just a thrilling game to watch. For us, I think Nix and Appling really showed off how much they've improved from last year. Green had a decent game, pretty much a defensive force throughout; the foul trouble didn't affect him. Even AT (Thornton) played adequate with some key rebounds at the end. Fantastic chess match to close out regulation. Jordan Taylor was a beast tonight and I think he's getting back to last year's form. Wisconsin needs some offense other than threes, they didn't do much down low. All in all, this was a great win for MSU and an unfortunate loss for Wisconsin, but I think it's a sign they're back on track with the way they played. This game really demonstrates the overall strength of the Big Ten, there's pretty much no question now that it is the top conference in the NCAA.

Re: the ending, there shouldn't really be any controversy - it was a bummer for UW that it ended that way but the scoreboard clock is definitely the official clock. Bo was understandably upset, but it was the right call

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Wow. What a crazy game between MSU and Wisconsin. Typical Kohl center officiating (read: questionable) but overall just a thrilling game to watch. For us, I think Nix and Appling really showed off how much they've improved from last year. Green had a decent game, pretty much a defensive force throughout; the foul trouble didn't affect him. Even AT (Thornton) played adequate with some key rebounds at the end. Fantastic chess match to close out regulation. Jordan Taylor was a beast tonight and I think he's getting back to last year's form. Wisconsin needs some offense other than threes, they didn't do much down low. All in all, this was a great win for MSU and an unfortunate loss for Wisconsin, but I think it's a sign they're back on track with the way they played. This game really demonstrates the overall strength of the Big Ten, there's pretty much no question now that it is the top conference in the NCAA.

Re: the ending, there shouldn't really be any controversy - it was a bummer for UW that it ended that way but the scoreboard clock is definitely the official clock. Bo was understandably upset, but it was the right call

Don't think of the officiating as "questionable" but rather the officiating crews purposely overwork themselves and many treat working NCAA games as a full time career. A Power 6 conference generally pays $1,000-1,600/game plus $200 for expenses.

The crew tonight was Tom Eades, Pat Driscoll, and Gene Steratore (Yes, the NFL head referee Gene Steratore).

Eades has worked 43 games this season already and has worked the last seven days.

Driscoll has worked four of the last five days.

statsheet.com will give you an idea of how many games they work and the miles they log to get there.

That's the story of this team. They cannot recover from losing Jon Leuer and Keaton Nankivil. I did not see the game (I totally forgot about it, which probably improved my evening), but Madison is as easy of a place to win as it's been since the 1990s. Wisconsin's streak of 12 NCAA bids ends this year. Squeaking out a win in Madison is not that meaningfull this season.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

#3 Duke upset by Tempe at Wells Fargo Center.

What's the Blue Devils record at the Wells Fargo Center?

Worse than it should be.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

utah your 33 point performanced has been topped by a new low!

My link

A team being held to high 20's to low 30's aren't nothing new... just look at scores in the Women's game when a good team faces a bad team.

Also, I would seriously recommend banishing Towson to Division II and adding another school from Division II to join the CAA to replace them.

Also, I would seriously recommend banishing Towson to Division II and adding another school from Division II to join the CAA to replace them.

Not gonna happen. Towson has football - and are pretty decent at it, by FCS standards at least. Football > basketball, and the CAA still believes that having a school in a major market like DC/Baltimore, however bad, is worth more than having a good team located in the middle of nowhere.

Three questions:

1) WTF happened to Pitt?

2) Over/Under: 1.5 Pac-12 bids to the dance?

3) Seriously? http://eye-on-college-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/34213295

Well, the Pac-10 will be a best of the worst conference again. My Cats seriously lost to a team that LMU and Middle Tennessee spanked. :mad: Colorado is the only undefeated team after they destroyed Washington(who is terrible on the road).

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

I know Lunardi has only two teams from the Pac-12 getting in . Stanford as a 7 seed, Cal as a 10 seed and both of those teams lost tonight. And if the Pac-12 has two teams getting in at the start of non-conference play, good chance that's all they're getting in. Best case scenario they get three teams in, but it is very likely they could only wind up with one team in if no team emerges as being dominant in that conference and in this case dominant would be whoever can end up with less then double digit losses on the year.

This could very well be the worst season ever from a "power conference" in college basketball history.

Not gonna happen. Towson has football - and are pretty decent at it, by FCS standards at least. Football > basketball, and the CAA still believes that having a school in a major market like DC/Baltimore, however bad, is worth more than having a good team located in the middle of nowhere.

Three questions:

1) WTF happened to Pitt?

3) Seriously? http://eye-on-college-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/34213295

There seems to be no accountability in NCAA reffing. I'd suspend the refs for a couple of weeks for blowing that.

Remember last year that ending of the Rutgers-St. John's how the refs blew that game in the last few seconds. One of the guys(Jim Burr) got to do 2 games in the tournament. How? That should've been an automatic suspension for the rest of the year at worst.

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

Cal was the only team that had a legitimate shot for an at-large bid coming into tonight. The loss to Utah was absolutely dreadful for them from a resume standpoint. Nothing good comes from losing to a team outside the top-200 of the RPI.

Now I dare say the Pac-12 could be a one-bid league, especially if Cal wins the conference tournament.

Cal was the only team that had a legitimate shot for an at-large bid coming into tonight. The loss to Utah was absolutely dreadful for them from a resume standpoint. Nothing good comes from losing to a team outside the top-200 of the RPI.

Now I dare say the Pac-12 could be a one-bid league, especially if Cal wins the conference tournament.

They actually lost to Oregon State, who isn't good either. Utah beat Washington State(Another subpar team).

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

There seems to be no accountability in NCAA reffing. I'd suspend the refs for a couple of weeks for blowing that.

Remember last year that ending of the Rutgers-St. John's how the refs blew that game in the last few seconds. One of the guys(Jim Burr) got to do 2 games in the tournament. How? That should've been an automatic suspension for the rest of the year at worst.

That wasn't a "bang-bang" play, it was an entire possession. And the fact that all three of them completely missed it was inexcusable.

The NCAA usually doesn't get involved with matters like that; they tend to leave it to the conferences themselves. So now it's up to the Sun Belt to come up with appropriate action, I would think.

They actually lost to Oregon State, who isn't good either. Utah beat Washington State(Another subpar team).

At this point the conference as a whole is just one big lump of mediocrity. This isn't like the SEC a couple years ago where Tennessee and Kentucky were clearly a cut above the rest, or even like the Pac-10 when Cal was clearly the best (eligible - USC sanctions) team in the conference. There truly is no way to differentiate one subpar Pac-12 team from another this season.

Colorado? Their resume has no substance, and they got bodied at home by Wyoming (who hasn't done anything either, don't let that 13-2 record fool you).

Stanford? Their resume is built entirely around wins against NC State and Colorado. Any losses to Pac-12 opponents will annul those wins, and nobody will be impressed if they actually come out on top of the conference (just like nobody was impressed with Alabama winning the SEC West last season).

Cal? Their resume was only worth looking at because they lost to good teams early on in the season.

Wow... just typing this out makes me depressed, and I'm not even a Pac-12 fan.

Oregon kills Stanford

Washington gets blown out by Colorado

Utah beats Washignton State

Arizona State beats USC

UCLA beats Arizona

Oh Pac-12, you so silly.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived