2011-12 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

Remember when the ACC dominated the Big Ten-ACC challenge? My have times changed.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

North Carolina vs. Kentucky is going to be a good game. A ton of future NBA talent on the court

Or it could end up like UConn vs. Kentucky in last season's Final Four. That game featured a bunch of future NBA players but I don't think anyone would consider it a "good game".

Should UK lose this game, Ohio State will be deserving of the no. 1 ranking. Syracuse hasn't played anyone yet (so it goes every season with Jim Boeheim refusing to play decent opponents in true road games outside of conference).

Tulane crushes Southern 78-53 to move to 8-0 (yes, you read that correctly)

They haven't played anyone: Alabama A&M, Nicholls State, MD-Eastern Shore, @ Navy, Alcorn State, New Orleans, U San Diego, and now Southern U. There's a reason this team was picked to finish in the bottom half of a C-USA that is expected to be a one-bid league this season.

Minnesota beat Virginia Tech 58-55

And Virginia Tech officially finds itself on the bubble again.

Lights Out will thoroughly enjoy my sign for tonight :lol:

AfrsQzCCEAAi8Xi.jpg

(if that wasn't enough I'm going to the game in my homemade Otto Halloween costume) Big game tonight and should be a goodie against Florida

Cool, I won't be the only one at a SEC/BE Challenge game tonight.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

UNC pulled a Maryland Football and just gave up with 4 seconds left to go.

Kentucky is good... but those free throw issues will come back to haunt them. Mark my words. When your starting point guard shoots less than 60% from the free throw line, it's a problem.

UNC pulled a Maryland Football and just gave up with 4 seconds left to go.

Kentucky is good... but those free throw issues will come back to haunt them. Mark my words. When your starting point guard shoots less than 60% from the free throw line, it's a problem.

Yet, you can bet that Coach Cal will trot out that tired ass "they make them when they count" line...and they'll piss away another deep run in the NCAA tournament.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Well, Auburn struggled yesterday against Seton Hall. I'm not surprised, I just would have hoped for a better final score. But they're a young team, and they definitely needed the experience of traveling to New Jersey and playing a big away game. I'm still looking forward to seeing the team grow and develop chemistry.

Watching the Illinois-Gonzaga game right now. This has been a good one so far.

Side note, I can't look at Assembly Hall without thinking of one of my favorite films, Hoop Dreams.

tacobell.jpg

Yes, I root for teams all over the place. And I apparently favor birds.

I really like watching this Illinois team, especially compared to last year's. Meyers Leonard has been very impressive so far and Sam Maniscalco has been a nice surprise. And I love how college basketball teams actually play tough non-conference games. Illinois-Gonzaga, Kentucky-UNC, and Vanderbilt-Kansas have all been great games this weekend.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Good to see Illinois beat Gonzaga and yet remain ranked behind the Zags.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived