2011-12 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

Now all Butler needs to do is... not lose another game. Ever.

Utah is this season's Wake Forest. They've lost to:

Boise State

Montana State

Harvard (well, no shame in that)

UMass

UNC Asheville

Fresno State

Cal-State Fullerton

BYU (again, no shame in that)

But seriously... Cal State Fullerton? Utah is 2-8 with one of those wins coming against a D3 school. When Washington misses the dance, they can thank Utah for completely destroying the conference's overall RPI.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final Score:

South Dakota State: 92

Washington: 73

The freaking Summit league is better than the Pac-12 this year. <_<

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Final Score:

One game doesn't make the Summit League better then the Pac-12... But, since we are talking about Summit League members (or in this case, soon to be former Summit League member), Oral Roberts stunned Xavier today. I know it's their first game since the nasty brawl with Cincinnati, but without those players, Xavier seems... I dunno... average.

Final Score:

One game doesn't make the Summit League better then the Pac-12... But, since we are talking about Summit League members (or in this case, soon to be former Summit League member), Oral Roberts stunned Xavier today. I know it's their first game since the nasty brawl with Cincinnati, but without those players, Xavier seems... I dunno... average.

I was just giving a example on how the Pac-12 is terrible this year.

And actually:

Summit teams with winning records- 6 out of 10

Pac-12 teams with winning records- 7 out of 12

(*) (*) (*) (*) (*)/ (**) (**) (**) (**) (**)

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Final Score:

Well, yeah... that's what happens when you lose a chunk of your team including one player that'll at least be in the Naismith conversation come years end.

IUe6Hvh.png

Well, yeah... that's what happens when you lose a chunk of your team including one player that'll at least be in the Naismith conversation come years end.

If your team is getting bodied at home by 20 points by the second-best team in the Summit League, there's a problem. Suspensions or not, that game was flat-out embarrassing for Xavier.

If your team is getting bodied at home by 20 points by the second-best team in the Summit League, there's a problem. Suspensions or not, that game was flat-out embarrassing for Xavier.

They lost three of their top four scorers and Oral Roberts isn't exactly terrible, I'll give 'em a pass.

IUe6Hvh.png

They lost three of their top four scorers and Oral Roberts isn't exactly terrible, I'll give 'em a pass.

Do they still get a pass for losing to Long Beach and Hawaii(?!) with Holloway and Lyons back?

The latter is the sort of resume-killing loss that Xavier might end up regretting should they struggle in the A-14.

Losing to Long Beach State is somewhat excusable because the 49ers are probably one of the better mid-majors out there. They went to Pittsburgh and won (surprised no one mentioned that Wagner beat Pitt in Pittsburgh a few days ago). They played Kansas, Louisville and UNC pretty well. No shame in losing to them...

..Losing to Hawaii is a possible at-large resume killer. It could get worst should they lose to Southern Illinois today and finish dead last in the Diamond Head Classic.

Apparently Towson hasn't won a game in over a year. Had no idea that was the case, especially for a Colonial school

Pat Skerry, former Pitt assistant, took over for Pat Kennedy this season. Towson was pretty awful under Kennedy, and the few contributors set to return ended up transferring when Kennedy resigned.

In other news...

Utah scores 11 points at Colorado. In the first half.

Eleven. Points.

11 points? Man, good players probably scored more then Utah did against Colorado.

The Utes ended up with 33 points... so that meant they doubled their pitful 11 point half with a 22 point half.

Someone better have a good reason to defend Utah for this stinkbomb.

Apparently Towson hasn't won a game in over a year. Had no idea that was the case, especially for a Colonial school

Pat Skerry, former Pitt assistant, took over for Pat Kennedy this season. Towson was pretty awful under Kennedy, and the few contributors set to return ended up transferring when Kennedy resigned.

In other news...

Utah scores 11 points at Colorado. In the first half.

Eleven. Points.

Still better than Florida State's 10 against Princeton last night (which ended up going to triple OT no less, and FSU still lost) :lol:

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Utah stinks. I just didn't know how bad they did until they lost 77-33 to Colorado. Utah State, on the other hand, came up short by 2 to #12 #14 Mississippi State, 68-66. I was expecting a 10-point-or-more beatdown. That's better than what I've seen from the Aggies on the road against tough opponents.

It's been a good few days for Cincinnati Bearcats collegiate sports. First the come from behind victory over a previously 9-1 Oklahoma team, then a convincing bowl victory against Vanderbilt, and finally the 66-63 upset in Pittsburgh over the Panthers earlier tonight.

25yzwqg.png

It's been a good few days for Cincinnati Bearcats collegiate sports. First the come from behind victory over a previously 9-1 Oklahoma team, then a convincing bowl victory against Vanderbilt, and finally the 66-63 upset in Pittsburgh over the Panthers earlier tonight.

I was there on Thursday, just a great atmosphere despite the empty seats.

Everyone's talking about Xavier's collapse since the shootout (they'll be back to form in the next few weeks presumably), but how about Cincinnati? 6-0 since the fight, coming close to scoring 100 in three straight games (a tough feat no matter the quality of the opponent). Despite how I feel about the suspensions (I wanted all four gone from the team for good, and I still feel Guyn's suspension was way too short), I'm eager to see how having a post presence effects the run the Bearcats are on right now.

I was there on Thursday, just a great atmosphere despite the empty seats.

Everyone's talking about Xavier's collapse since the shootout (they'll be back to form in the next few weeks presumably), but how about Cincinnati? 6-0 since the fight, coming close to scoring 100 in three straight games (a tough feat no matter the quality of the opponent). Despite how I feel about the suspensions (I wanted all four gone from the team for good, and I still feel Guyn's suspension was way too short), I'm eager to see how having a post presence effects the run the Bearcats are on right now.

I sure hope they don't go back to their old ways with the return of the new players. But hopefully Cronin's got these guys settled down, and he'll have a great game plan that involves mixing being able to take advantage of having those big men back and the recently stellar 3-point shooting.

25yzwqg.png

I've never been to a college basketball game before. Never really cared enough about it (at least, non-tournament action) to want to go.

That streak ends this coming Saturday when Duke visits Georgia Tech at Philips Arena. Only reason I'm going is because hours later, the Hawks have a game.

So....Go Duke!

I hope Louisville beats St.Johns and ND to prove the point that they're a top 10 team. I'm also tired of people saying that UofL is overrated and they have too much luck. The fact is that they lost both games by margin of 3 and 7 respectively. Also they are ravaged with injuries, which can ruin other team's seasons, but they play like a top 10 team every night. Another point is that UofL can't compete with Syracuse and UConn because of injuries and talent. I think they can win anywhere Yum! Center or on the road, they always a threat to win the Big East. I hope that they can survive the Big East this year.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Archived