New Rutgers Helmet

Anubis2051

Can we please not start the "Stars & Stripes" argument again? It's the same thing everytime. We all know where we each stand. Can't we just leave it at that?

Even though the reason behind a helmet like this should be worth discussing I actually agree with this...we've gone 'round and 'round on this and feel we're at a point where this has become an abortion argument (we've see it all and no minds are changing).

I know that's hard, because my first comment would probably be something like "but blue is not in their color scheme", which is kind of an opening.

That all said, I think if they feel like doing this, it would be better with a red helmet. This design does dilute their identity and I think a red helmet would counter that somewhat.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Since my work filters everything, I did some searching on the google machine. Is this the black helmet with the red R?

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Since my work filters everything, I did some searching on the google machine. Is this the black helmet with the red R?

White helmet with an American Flag-patterned "R"

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I hope that's just a prototype of the helmet. That looks like they put 0 effort into making it. I mean they didn't even bother to paint the helmet red! Bad, bad, bad.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Ugh. Just what we needed.

Are they donating a ton of money to veterans' organizations, or is this a truly empty gesture?

Well considering its an Army home game I think most of the money will go to military in one way or another.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Washington did the same thing for 9/11. They wore a special helmet, but their regular home uniforms.

My guess is white helmet, white unis. I'm guessing this game was a designated Army home game that was moved to NYC.

Last season was at the Meadowlands, 2009 was at West Point, and 2008 was at Rutgers.

Washington did the same thing for 9/11. They wore a special helmet, but their regular home uniforms.

My guess is white helmet, white unis. I'm guessing this game was a designated Army home game that was moved to NYC.

Last season was at the Meadowlands, 2009 was at West Point, and 2008 was at Rutgers.

Yes, it is an Army home game. Last year was at the Meadowlands was a Rutgers home game:

5088195717_953092908d_b.jpg

Anubis.png

I said this in the CFB thread: Before this season, Rutgers never wore a helmet any other color than red. Now they break out the black and roll out this white (which could very well switch decals and become another regular helmet).

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Archived